PDA

View Full Version : why change password?

kaneguru
23-02-11, 20:19
who the hell should change my password every 100 days?

basilyoung
23-02-11, 20:29
no need to mention "hell" is there?

but I think is ment to let non visiting members drop of the member list
I expect admin, will post a reason for this

Larry-G
23-02-11, 20:45

we are all asked to change our passwords every 100 days in order to maintain a respective level of security on the forum. after all how many people use the exact same password / username combination and never bother to change them ?. this is done for both your and our benefit.

DrProzac
23-02-11, 21:27
And be thankful you don't upset an Admin.
Or they will make you change your password every login.

I know I do at work if someone upsets me! :)

jusaju
23-02-11, 23:14
Hi
Here was something also about it

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4030-change-password

Sicilian
24-02-11, 07:19

Its an extra level of security, surely its not too much for your brain to handle is it? :p You could always revert back to your old one if you so wish.

silverfox0786
24-02-11, 11:27
Its an extra level of security, surely its not too much for your brain to handle is it? :p You could always revert back to your old one if you so wish.

thats what i do i set a new password when asked and then go into my profile panel and change my password back to the old one i had, as there is no stipulation to change it to comething not used in the past,

justnneds to be different then the current one

kaneguru
24-02-11, 15:12
thats what i do i set a new password when asked and then go into my profile panel and change my password back to the old one i had, as there is no stipulation to change it to comething not used in the past,

justnneds to be different then the current one

and why should i do this? then i can leave my old password. i donīt understand the meaning.
maybe itīs a english ritual......

Sicilian
24-02-11, 15:26
and why should i do this? then i can leave my old password. i donīt understand the meaning.
maybe itīs a english ritual......

Because this is the rules! Surely your brain can handle a new password every 90 days?

jusaju
24-02-11, 16:17
Hi
Normally people have to accept Forum rules when their sign in.

Itīs also for Your own security.

punisher
24-02-11, 16:34
lol such a small thing cant really be that much of a pain to you ... :confused:

silverfox0786
24-02-11, 20:19
i cant beleive this has been dragged out to page 2 wow i though it would only take post 1 asking the question post 2 telling the answer and post 3 accepting the answer

and done....

Sicilian
24-02-11, 20:25
Lets close and done with :)