PDA

View Full Version : Satellite tuners not finding any signal

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
18-02-24, 17:53
Hi, I have bought another 2nd hand Technomate 3t nano.

For some reason it is not tuning in the satellite channels. I tried the satellite cable into both tuner A and B but no joy.

It was running an old version of Openvix so I re-flashed it but this did not fix the problem.

It is tuning in terrestrial channels.

Can someone please help me fix this problem?

Thanks

cactikid
18-02-24, 23:23
Do / did you have Sky Q as it wont work with their lnbs.
Did you setup the tuners correctly ?

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
19-02-24, 10:00
Hi, thanks for the reply.

No I don't have Sky Q.

I let the wizard preform the set up after I flashed the box but it didn't get the tuners going.

I have another similar box and I setup the tuners to mirror it as it's working correctly but still the tuners won't connect..

I'm stumped...

twol
19-02-24, 11:58
Hi, thanks for the reply.

No I don't have Sky Q.

I let the wizard preform the set up after I flashed the box but it didn't get the tuners going.

I have another similar box and I setup the tuners to mirror it as it's working correctly but still the tuners won't connect..

I'm stumped...

cable/connectors ???

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
19-02-24, 12:01
Well the cable I'm using works in on my other receiver box so I don't think that's the problem..

Joe_90
19-02-24, 12:28
You say that you bought this receiver 2nd-hand. Did you see the box working on satellite before purchase? Is it possible that the tuner(s) are faulty? Maybe they have become unseated. Try opening the box and making sure they are installed correctly. I'm not familiar with this box, so I don't know if the tuners are even removable or are soldered in place.

abu baniaz
19-02-24, 12:32
The tuners on the 3T combo are soldered onto the circuit board. So most likely faulty if same wires work on another receiver.

CU CHULAINN THE BRAVE
19-02-24, 14:52
The tuners on the 3T combo are soldered onto the circuit board. So most likely faulty if same wires work on another receiver.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are correct, the tuners are soldered onto the circuit board.

I think they must be faulty as well. I'll return to sender...

Thanks for the help guys