PDA

View Full Version : GB UE 4K suddenly fails boot at step 49

kwick1
06-02-24, 12:26
Hi,
My GB UE 4K bought in 2021 has been working perfectly until now but suddenly fails to boot as of yesterday, stalling at step 49 and freezing there. I used Willobuild to load OpenVix 6.4 initially and have installed all latest SU (10 or 11 I believe) but cannot even reinstall using their remote installation script via Putty. I just drops out of the scrip after I hit return when asked if I use multi image which I don't.
I can access the box using Putty and login to the unix port ok and can see various directories it just won't boot up or reload. Could it be my internal HDD has become faulty or something not mounting correctly? I'm not really sure how to investigate this.
I have tried powering off many times.
Any advice? I am thinking of trying a reisatall from USB but thought I'd seek advice from you first.
kind regards,
Kevin

twol
06-02-24, 15:23
Hi,
My GB UE 4K bought in 2021 has been working perfectly until now but suddenly fails to boot as of yesterday, stalling at step 49 and freezing there. I used Willobuild to load OpenVix 6.4 initially and have installed all latest SU (10 or 11 I believe) but cannot even reinstall using their remote installation script via Putty. I just drops out of the scrip after I hit return when asked if I use multi image which I don't.
I can access the box using Putty and login to the unix port ok and can see various directories it just won't boot up or reload. Could it be my internal HDD has become faulty or something not mounting correctly? I'm not really sure how to investigate this.
I have tried powering off many times.
Any advice? I am thinking of trying a reisatall from USB but thought I'd seek advice from you first.
kind regards,
Kevin

so putty into the box, login
then type
init 4
enigma2
.... and see why it stops from the displayed log.

kwick1
06-02-24, 22:14
Hi twol,
I did that and saved the output which didn't mean much to me BUT I can now perform a reinstall from Willobuild remotely and it boots up ok.
All up and running again so I assume there was something screwed up in my settings. I'll keep the default ones for now and see how things go.
Thanks so much for your help.
kind regards, Kevin