PDA

View Full Version : Sound dropouts

digitl
05-02-24, 22:51
While playing recordings I'm having the sound drop out for 30 seconds or so in most (all?) recordings after around 30 minutes. If I jump back to just before the dropout and play it again the sound is fine.

Anyone any thoughts?

Trial
06-02-24, 07:31
with what kind of storage?

Ralf

digitl
06-02-24, 11:09
A Crucial 2TB internal SSD with 770GB free.

spevs
07-02-24, 12:31
I intermittently get this on my recording to, been happening for quite a while across several images, as you say if you go back past the point where the audio went off it doesnt happen again and the audio plays as normal.

digitl
07-02-24, 14:34
I intermittently get this on my recording to, been happening for quite a while across several images, as you say if you go back past the point where the audio went off it doesnt happen again and the audio plays as normal.

Good(?) to know I'm not alone!

cactikid
07-02-24, 16:20
I assume its on a box that is connected to tv via Hdmi and not doing Client mode.

I get sound drop off when in Client mode through the Network on my Zero and possibly lan cable old.

spevs
08-02-24, 12:34
I assume its on a box that is connected to tv via Hdmi and not doing Client mode.

I get sound drop off when in Client mode through the Network on my Zero and possibly lan cable old.

Yes mine is playing from box to TV Via HDMI, I get in on both my VuUno4k & VuDuo4K with different tele's too

dntaylor
08-02-24, 17:41
Also having the same issue with my box, I get audio breaking up for about half a second at around 30 min into the recording, it does not happen all the time but it does get my back up when it happens.:rolleyes:

digitl
25-03-24, 12:38
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

cactikid
25-03-24, 14:46
Try another recording device and swap over recordings for a trial to see if it fixes the issue or not..
Also try another Hdmi cable to rule that out.

digitl
01-04-24, 10:19
Try another recording device and swap over recordings for a trial to see if it fixes the issue or not..
Also try another Hdmi cable to rule that out.

Thanks, I tried both suggestions. My Humax box doesn't have the same issue and swapping the HDMI cable made no difference.

scouse645
02-04-24, 12:12
I don't know if it's the same, i had a problem with the sound on my VU+ultimo4k, it kept going lower for no reason, on the audio video settings i changed auto volume settings from auto to hdmi, that was on openbh image, i think it was the same on other images.

digitl
03-04-24, 22:23
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

digitl
06-04-24, 00:35
Despite the change, I've just had another sound dropout.