PDA

View Full Version : no FTP or network access, but software update works fine

lost_one
05-01-24, 22:12
Hi,

My SF8008 is connected to the local network via Wi-Fi (unforunately wired is not possible ATM)

The software update function works fine, so I know the STB is connected to the internet.

If I try to transfer a file from my PC to the box, I cannot establish a connection via Filezilla (FTP), and Windows 10 network neighborhood does not display the SF8008. I have tried OpenPLI and OpenBlackhole images with the same result.

I had this problem a couple of days ago and I restarted the STB, ran Network wizard again, rebooted router, rebooted PC, (all multiple times), changed network password on STB, re-selected default network on STB, removed/reinstalled Filezilla, reset network password on STB again....and it magically started working (FTP and Network Neighborhood).

Tonight, I cannot get FTP, or Network Neighborhood to establish a connection; has anyone else experienced this problem with the SF8008?

I have a GigaBlue STB at home and have never had this problem??

Thanks for any help.

cactikid
05-01-24, 22:34
Double checked your network ip has not changed and in Filezilla you have entered your password to gain entry.

lost_one
06-01-24, 09:59
Thanks cactikid.

Router is set up to always use same IP address for sf8008. I have verified this multiple times, IP address has not changed.

I changed password on stb multiple times. So I also input corresponding password after changed.

I think it could be the embedded WiFi on the stb.

I'm gonna try a WiFi dongle , if no dice, I might give it away.

I'll prolly get used vu + or xtrend, never had any problems with them.

cactikid
06-01-24, 14:00
Your box should be okay but hard wired is better than Wifi.
Make sure you buy a supported Wifi dongle as will need a driver to download first possibly before it works,

I don't think i have gone into my router settings as checked box for current ip and Samba and Nfs are running.
Not sure if your box is in a low signal.

Powerplugs were another way of getting lan to your box if on the same circuit.

lost_one
07-01-24, 00:10
I just tried DBedit, and WinSCP, could not establish a connection with either of them.

Are any WiFi dongles available at stores in the UK that will work out of the box in SF8008?

Thanks.

birdman
07-01-24, 01:54
I think it could be the embedded WiFi on the stb.If a software update (I presume over the network?) is working then you have a functioning network interface.
So if you can't connect to it there is a configuration issue somewhere.

cactikid
07-01-24, 16:26
Can you run a network test on box to see if all is green?

bellejt
07-01-24, 17:24
is samba and FTP active on the box ? Working fine here over wifi to access box with DCC an foxed IP in box

lost_one
10-01-24, 20:30
Thanks for your replies.

I'm having the same problem today.

I cannot establish a connection with WinSCP, DBEdit, or Filezilla. The network tests all pass(green), they always have, even when I had this problem last week. The network password on box is correct, as i have changed it with several different passwords repeatedly.

I just performed a system update on the STB about 5 minutes ago, all went flawlessly.

It's really strange, when this happened last week, after a series of restarting network on STB, rebooting STB itself, it magically started working??

lost_one
10-01-24, 21:12
is samba and FTP active on the box ? Working fine here over wifi to access box with DCC an foxed IP in box

I forgot to say that SAMBA and FTP are both active.

cactikid
10-01-24, 22:00
By restarting box could have been a Wifi issue as i bet if you had a long lan cable it would work.

Maybe something is blocking interfering with your signal.

What electronics have you got near it i wonder?

birdman
11-01-24, 03:30
I cannot establish a connection with WinSCP, DBEdit, or Filezilla. The network tests all pass(green), they always have, even when I had this problem last week. The network password on box is correct, as i have changed it with several different passwords repeatedly.

I just performed a system update on the STB about 5 minutes ago, all went flawlessly.

It's really strange, when this happened last week, after a series of restarting network on STB, rebooting STB itself, it magically started working??Do you have a static IP address assigned on the box, or are you using DHCP?

There is a difference between the box calling out and you trying to call in to it.