PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] Software Update Not Working

spevs
04-01-24, 13:50
Hi I have a Vu Uno4KSE running Vix 6.4.008 with no issues or problems, however, I see the latest image is 6.4.010 so I thought I'd do a Software Update to the new image. After running Software Update it tells me there are 109 packages to update, I select update and the box appears to backup the current image and then download the updates and reboots but when it comes back up it is still showing 6.4.008. Anyone have thoughts..............?

cactikid
04-01-24, 16:44
I gave up doing software updates and only when needed a reflash with a new image as what you might have been doing is adding to your image and not upgrading.

abu baniaz
05-01-24, 01:22
The only real way to find out what the problem is to perform thr update by console/terminal

init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade

This should show any problems. They may or may not be easy to go past. Once done, to reboot

init 6

Might be just easier to flash newer image using image manager and then restore settings/plugins. This is not a fix, it just avoids the issue.

spevs
05-01-24, 05:53
I'll try that and post my findings

spevs
06-01-24, 12:55
The only real way to find out what the problem is to perform thr update by console/terminal

init 4
opkg update
opkg upgrade

This should show any problems. They may or may not be easy to go past. Once done, to reboot

init 6

Might be just easier to flash newer image using image manager and then restore settings/plugins. This is not a fix, it just avoids the issue.

Thanks for the info Abu Baniaz, your suggestion worked a treat now on 6.4.010..................:thumbsup: