PDA

View Full Version : USB HDD will not load on duo 4k se

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 02:45
HI
i have a duo 4k se, i have successfully been using a seagate 4tb drive via usb as a storage to clear off stuff from the internal drive i want to keep, the drive is visible, but it now refuses to load, there is about 2tb of stuff on there, i do not want to reformat as it will loose the material on there, i have run filesystem check and it comes up with "cannot access local variable part type where it is not associated with a value"

Any ideas how i can get the duo to read this drive again please

Thanks

cactikid
08-12-23, 13:10
Is the storage device listed in your menu or vanished from the list which can happen.

If gone maybe a power off at rear then on from a deep standby as might show up again.

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 16:23
The drive no longer shows up in PVR > Location > movie path

It does however appear in menu> Setup >Storage>initialze devices and File system check as >Seagate (portable) - External (USB) (4.88TB)

If I run filesystem check, it comes up with an error message > (cannot access local variable part type where it is not associated with a value)

I know there is roughly 2tb of material on this drive, and it was working perfectly, I do not want to have to reformat and loose the movies on the drive
Is there anyway I can re apply “value”?

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 16:34
65908 here is the drive showing

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 16:37
65909 I run the filesystem check

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 16:39
65910 and here is the error information

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 16:43
65911 not showing in location moviepath as it previously had been

twol
08-12-23, 17:16
I assume that this drive has its own power supply and doesn,t depend only on the usb?

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 17:27
Hi Twol
No, it is a plug and play portable USB drive a seagate so it uses power from the USB, I plug it in to the rear port
It has been working fine for 2 years,

twol
08-12-23, 18:24
Hi Twol
No, it is a plug and play portable USB drive a seagate so it uses power from the USB, I plug it in to the rear port
It has been working fine for 2 years,

Can it be powered? We always advise to use a powered device. Even though its been working for 2 years, it could have been operating on the edge and now has a corrupted file system.
I am assuming its a hdd with discs rather than ssd? In which case as it fills up and the heads move more, probably takes more power.

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 18:34
65912 no it’s a standard non powered plug in device

POCLAIN
08-12-23, 18:36
Is there any way I can retrieve the movies that I have on the hard drive to an external device so I can add them to a powered hard drive so I can play them again on the duo 4k
As the drive was formatted by the duo 4k it can’t be read by plugging into a PC

twol
08-12-23, 20:59
Is there any way I can retrieve the movies that I have on the hard drive to an external device so I can add them to a powered hard drive so I can play them again on the duo 4k
As the drive was formatted by the duo 4k it can’t be read by plugging into a PC

I am assuming its formatted ext4, so any windows (with additional software for ext4 support) or linux PC …..but you can also boot ubuntu from a usb, log in temporaily and run disk repair commands(google). The ubuntu web site shows how to load ubuntu to a usb.

cactikid
08-12-23, 21:11
I gave up on portables and went externally powered ones to work.

Think others bought a powered docking station to give more power to passports.

From memory it has 4 usb ports and a powered plug in to give it power.