PDA

View Full Version : Another VIX 2.0.3 issue?

belierzz
23-02-11, 13:20
Hello,

just another issue came up with the VIX 2.0.3 update on my Solo:

with VIX 2.0.3 the Autostart of SCAM 3.59 within the CAM Manager is no more functional (set up correctly, SCAM 3.59 is listed in Autostart). SCAM 3.59 is from the board here (for VIX 1.1) and was installed manually with VIX 2.0.2. and worked fine.
But SCAM 3.59 can be started manually after booting and is then functional until the next power down / power up. .

Tried to install SCAM 3.59 on VIX 2.0.3. after de-installation in 2.0.2 (de-installation, then update to 2.0.3, then installation). Even with the installation of the ipk seems to be fine (no error message), it is not listed in the CAM Manager afterwards. Flashing a 2.0.2 backup and all irritations with SCAM are disappeared.

belierzz
24-02-11, 07:50
Hello,

just another issue came up with the VIX 2.0.3 update on my Solo:

with VIX 2.0.3 the Autostart of SCAM 3.59 within the CAM Manager is no more functional (set up correctly, SCAM 3.59 is listed in Autostart). SCAM 3.59 is from the board here (for VIX 1.1) and was installed manually with VIX 2.0.2. and worked fine.
But SCAM 3.59 can be started manually after booting and is then functional until the next power down / power up. .

Tried to install SCAM 3.59 on VIX 2.0.3. after de-installation in 2.0.2 (de-installation, then update to 2.0.3, then installation). Even with the installation of the ipk seems to be fine (no error message), it is not listed in the CAM Manager afterwards. Flashing a 2.0.2 backup and all irritations with SCAM are disappeared.

EDIT: Solved. Updated just one more time and now everything works fine with VIX 2.0.3. Maybe something wrent wrong during the first update!?

belierzz
25-02-11, 10:44
Sorry to bother you again with this issue - but there is definitely something "not as usual" with the CAM Manager in VIX 2.0.3. as the autostart for SCAM 3.59 randomly doesn't work. Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this issue (tried different skins, tried also to power down / up on different channels: SD, HD, HD+ (Softcam) and Sky (Alphacrypt Light). Randomly (approx. 1/3) the Solo starts without active SCAM 3.59. Of course it is possible to start manually, but this is not appreciated - especially not from my wife. I also tried SCAM 3.58 and SCAM 3.60 with same outcome. Furthermore I was not able to install the CAMs via IPK installer. They didn't appear in the CAM Manager. Therefore I copied manually in \usr\softcams and set CHMOD 755. This also worked very well with 2.0.2. Perhaps someone can confirm this behaviour when installing
a CAM with update 2.0.3 already applied.

I would really appreciate if one of you guys can have a look at this, even if it seems that I'm the only one with those issues. I was used to VTI before but I really prefer VIX. I have also tried with VTI 2.4 and as with VIX 2.0.2 everything worked smoothly. Of course not updating to 2.0.3 is also an option, but with 89 updates I assume there is enough benefit with other issues that should make it worth to update.

Thanks in advance, belierzz

silverfox0786
26-02-11, 13:30
unfortunaltly none of us use scam to check it

if there is a fault with scam them im sure we will find a way to rectify it

belierzz
26-02-11, 14:27
Thank you very much Silverfox, of course this could be also a matter of SCAM. You are right. How about the rights settings for softcams? Besides the SCAM3.59 file itself I have now also set the \usr\softcams folder with CHMOD to 755. And now it seems to be stable (restarted several times and autostart worked to 100%). Just a punch of luck or could the folder settings be the cause?

belierzz
28-02-11, 14:44
Last but not least:

After a fresh installation of VIX 2.0 and immediate update to 2.0.3 (88 instead of 89 updates?) I have managed to install SCAM 3.59 (1.0 r-3) via Telnet. SCAM 3.59 is listed in the CAM Manager as it should be and Autostart now works fine.
Still don't know if this is a matter of SCAM (I have read there might be issues with OpenPLi), the IPK installer or anything else. Nevermind, it works again perfectly. And VIX picture quality is much better than VTI...

Therefore this thread can be closed :D