PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] Would it be possible to make a small modification to movielist.pyc to reduce padding a little please?

smipx
28-11-23, 15:23
Dear developers.

Been doing a bit of testing on the 6.4.009 release and all is very well. My preferred plugins all work well and life is generally sweet :-) I have a request that I would be really grateful if you would consider however.

I have quite poor eyesight and my request regards the "baked in" movielist screen controlled by movielist.pyc. The padding on the runtime column for the length of the program seems like it might be a little wider than it needs to be. I have increased the font size I use due to the poor sight - don't worry as you get older you will suffer from this too :-)

The increase in font works well but the date of recording is just a bit obscured right at the point where you would like to know the day. See below:

If the runtime column could be trimmed at the right edge a little then it would allow the first character of the day to be seen and this would help a lot.

I have tried it with a few skins but if you increase the font (to compensate for poor eyes) then the result is always the same.

Of course.... I understand and appreciate that the program description will be truncated with the larger font size and this is only to be expected but I am sure there is a little too much padding on that runtime column (which would not really need to go above 999 minutes and only occasionally above 199 minutes.

I also expect that most of the developers are too young to be afflicted by worsening age related eyes but it is worth considerstion I hope :-)

Cheers,

Paul

adm
28-11-23, 15:52
Dear developers.

Been doing a bit of testing on the 6.4.009 release and all is very well. My preferred plugins all work well and life is generally sweet :-) I have a request that I would be really grateful if you would consider however.

I have quite poor eyesight and my request regards the "baked in" movielist screen controlled by movielist.pyc. The padding on the runtime column for the length of the program seems like it might be a little wider than it needs to be. I have increased the font size I use due to the poor sight - don't worry as you get older you will suffer from this too :-)

The increase in font works well but the date of recording is just a bit obscured right at the point where you would like to know the day. See below:

If the runtime column could be trimmed at the right edge a little then it would allow the first character of the day to be seen and this would help a lot.

I have tried it with a few skins but if you increase the font (to compensate for poor eyes) then the result is always the same.

Of course.... I understand and appreciate that the program description will be truncated with the larger font size and this is only to be expected but I am sure there is a little too much padding on that runtime column (which would not really need to go above 999 minutes and only occasionally above 199 minutes.

I also expect that most of the developers are too young to be afflicted by worsening age related eyes but it is worth considerstion I hope :-)

Cheers,

Paul

Try
While in that screen menu/settings
Show movie lengths in movie list = no

This will will remove the column showng xx mins and give a bit more room for your increased font size.

The length will still be shown in the short description of the record program when highlighted

Also you may benefit from
Use slim screen = no

You have to quit the movie listing screen and select it again to see some of the changes

smipx
28-11-23, 17:24
Hi adm,

thanks for the pointers. I did that but it did not entirely have the desired effect so I took my preferred skin and modified it a little and now I can have the bigger fonts + the time and duration are not cut off. It is the ViXBMC_1080_Confluence skin that I like and have been using for many years so I tweaked that a little and this is how it looks with a few XML changes :-)

birdman
28-11-23, 18:37
This sound like a skin change, and you can always add skin overrides yourself. (I do this to increase various font sizes that are not configurable).

You cna put the changes into a file called skin_user_{your-skin-name-here}.xml in /etc/enigma2/.