PDA

View Full Version : Cannot update sw

philly
02-11-23, 18:51
Hi All,
Haven't been on here for some time so hopefully I am not asking a question that has been covered before.
My Tiviar Alpha which works great with Vix will now not do a SW or download plugins. Maybe the server that covers this has changed or is dead ???.

Any suggestions.

adm
02-11-23, 19:22
Hi All,
Haven't been on here for some time so hopefully I am not asking a question that has been covered before.
My Tiviar Alpha which works great with Vix will now not do a SW or download plugins. Maybe the server that covers this has changed or is dead ???.

Any suggestions.

What software version are you using? Is there a more recent version for your box?

check here for updates
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/tiviar-images/

If you are using an old version then menu/setup/system/software update will not work. You will have to update (if one is available) using one of the other two methods. Again, if you are using an old version this will be the reason that you cannot see plugin downloads.

See
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63132-Update-problem#3

philly
05-11-23, 00:20
Hi adm,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I updated my image to the latest 64008 release which now restored the addon download feature, however now when I try and start my oscam I get a notice that no oscam config files are present. I saved my configs from my older working image and placed them in etc/tuxbox/config.
Don't know why this is happening.
Any ideas.

philly
05-11-23, 00:34
Hi adm,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I updated my image to the latest 64008 release which now restored the addon download feature, however now when I try and start my oscam I get a notice that no oscam config files are present. I saved my configs from my older working image and placed them in etc/tuxbox/config.
Don't know why this is happening.
Any ideas.

False alert.
I got it working. I noticed that I had to select my oscam version in softcam script.