PDA

View Full Version : Crash when udating via E-Channelizer

malcolmp
22-10-23, 15:14
Hi

Please see attach crash-log, when updating channel list via E-Channelizer.

Gigablue UHD UE 4k (Openvix 6.4.007)

twol
22-10-23, 16:01
Hi

Please see attach crash-log, when updating channel list via E-Channelizer.

Gigablue UHD UE 4k (Openvix 6.4.007)
No crash … thats a debug log.

malcolmp
22-10-23, 19:59
OK, thanks. So no need to worry that box restarts?

twol
22-10-23, 20:03
OK, thanks. So no need to worry that box restarts?

Echanneliser issues restart to load bouquets

malcolmp
22-10-23, 20:09
When this happens, screen goes black and suggest you send log to openvix, that's why I asked.

twol
22-10-23, 20:51
When this happens, screen goes black and suggest you send log to openvix, that's why I asked.

Maybe you have another debug log? I use echanneliser, although not that often and have never seen an issue….it just replaces the existing bouqet files in /etc/enigma

malcolmp
22-10-23, 21:06
Thanks, I'll send the next log when and if it happens.

malcolmp
24-10-23, 16:14
Found another one on the Zgemma, Happens after adding/replacing Picons (Same thing will happens on the Gigablue)

twol
24-10-23, 16:47
Found another one on the Zgemma, Happens after adding/replacing Picons (Same thing will happens on the Gigablue)

Looks like its trying to paint a picture on the desktop… so I am guessing thats its omething to do with the picons.
What are you actually trying to do with echanneliser and picons as its not a one off?

malcolmp
24-10-23, 17:16
Thanks. Adding Picons/icons to 1PTV bouquets. The picture on the desktop is from bootlogo replacing the Openvix startup screen.

twol
24-10-23, 19:28
Thanks. Adding Picons/icons to 1PTV bouquets. The picture on the desktop is from bootlogo replacing the Openvix startup screen.

Where are the picons from ? Which bootlogo ? I am just asking so that I can try and repeat the situation. I guess I need to look at echanneliser options - its a nice package just need windows which I rarely use nowadays.

malcolmp
24-10-23, 19:38
Where are the picons from ? Which bootlogo ? I am just asking so that I can try and repeat the situation. I guess I need to look at echanneliser options - its a nice package just need windows which I rarely use nowadays.

Picons are from: lygnsat, or google images (save as jpeg or png) Bootlogo picture(s) is a jpeg or png (picture we like) and sent to box via xorionBootLogoMatik

malcolmp
26-10-23, 09:42

Did you manage to have a look at the situation?

twol
26-10-23, 09:49
Did you manage to have a look at the situation?

will look today!
However, something (probably) in the picons is causing a crash in C++ code, and that is not easy to fix

twol
26-10-23, 11:08
@Malcomp - so in Echannelizer do you just tick the reload settings box when you write back or do you also reboot?

malcolmp
26-10-23, 12:19
@Malcomp - so in Echannelizer do you just tick the reload settings box when you write back or do you also reboot?

When I have finished editing/adding/replacing EPG and/or picons, I reboot. (Sayyid, from e-channelizer suggested to reload the picons it's best to delete picons and reload)65766

malcolmp
26-10-23, 12:26
When I have finished editing/adding/replacing EPG and/or picons, I reboot. (Sayyid, from e-channelizer suggested to reload the picons it's best to delete picons and reload65767

twol
28-10-23, 10:42
When I have finished editing/adding/replacing EPG and/or picons, I reboot. (Sayyid, from e-channelizer suggested to reload the picons it's best to delete picons and reload65767

So just to be clear, afterwards does it crash once or continuously?
Also whats memory usage like?

malcolmp
28-10-23, 13:46
So just to be clear, afterwards does it crash once or continuously?
Also whats memory usage like?

It crashes only once (when I ask echannelizer to restart engima to load settings)
Free Memory 147856,

twol
28-10-23, 14:51
OK, so what happens if you just ask Echannelizer to download the files and then you reboot the box??... that is don't let Echannelizer do the restart

malcolmp
28-10-23, 15:47
OK, so what happens if you just ask Echannelizer to download the files and then you reboot the box??... that is don't let Echannelizer do the restart

Sometimes (not always) with no echannelizer restart. the picons will not appear on the box. (Picons are in /usr/share/enigma2/picon) Box reboots OK.

twol
28-10-23, 16:56
Sometimes (not always) with no echannelizer restart. the picons will not appear on the box. (Picons are in /usr/share/enigma2/picon) Box reboots OK.
so can you move them to a usb stick and see what happens....

malcolmp
28-10-23, 16:59
so can you move them to a usb stick and see what happens....

OK,thanks.Will it work with moving to the HDD?

twol
28-10-23, 17:06
OK,thanks.Will it work with moving to the HDD?

Slower if HDD is a disk rather than ssd(have to wait for any head movement), but Yes,will work… I keep mine on a usb for that reason.
If you just move them the system will search and find them.

malcolmp
28-10-23, 20:45
Slower if HDD is a disk rather than ssd(have to wait for any head movement), but Yes,will work… I keep mine on a usb for that reason.
If you just move them the system will search and find them.

Hi, Thanks. Moved picons to media/hdd/picon/

malcolmp
28-10-23, 21:56
Hi, Thanks. Moved picons to media/hdd/picon/

Update 2145 BST: Edited a few channels, Rebooted. All fine. no crash. Many thanks for your help!

malcolmp
28-10-23, 22:29
Update 2225 Crashed again after editing.

twol
29-10-23, 10:17
Update 2225 Crashed again after editing.

you may have said but which skin are you using??

malcolmp
29-10-23, 10:46
you may have said but which skin are you using??

Morning, Vix-Night-HD (1280x720)

BTW this happens ever so often on my Zgemma H7 (Simple Ten Eighty (1920x1080)

twol
30-10-23, 14:47
Its interesting that you get the same dmesg errors on both boxes, but really hard to know whats issuing the error.
I guess last question what size picons do you create and with what software?

malcolmp
30-10-23, 15:29
Its interesting that you get the same dmesg errors on both boxes, but really hard to know whats issuing the error.
I guess last question what size picons do you create and with what software?

Mostly the picons from satellites (13, 16, 19 and 28°) The new/additional picons are either from lyngsat.com/ and save as png or jpeg, example 5.55 KB (5,686 bytes, size 132x99)
or a google image search for channel name image (example size 310x163, 2.91 KB 2,900 bytes) and save as png or jpegand use echannelizer to send to box.

twol
31-10-23, 09:51
Spent some time with Echannelizer this morning - have to admit never used the picons creation on Echannelizer.
So a couple of things........
Although you can specify where to save/create Picons on the PC, I cannot find anywhere to specify where they are on the Receiver, and Echannelizer cannot locate them by default on my receivers - my Picons are on HDD or usb, not /usr/share .

If I replace Picons, I have always stopped the box (using putty telnet) with init 4, then copied the picons to the receiver ... which you can do as you know the store location in Echannelizer, and then init 3 to restart the receiver.........you could also try using Echannelizer to save only the Picons to the receiver while stopped(init 4) and then init 3.

Its probably not the automatic system you would like, using one piece of software, but the safest ......

malcolmp
31-10-23, 13:37
Spent some time with Echannelizer this morning - have to admit never used the picons creation on Echannelizer.
So a couple of things........
Although you can specify where to save/create Picons on the PC, I cannot find anywhere to specify where they are on the Receiver, and Echannelizer cannot locate them by default on my receivers - my Picons are on HDD or usb, not /usr/share .

If I replace Picons, I have always stopped the box (using putty telnet) with init 4, then copied the picons to the receiver ... which you can do as you know the store location in Echannelizer, and then init 3 to restart the receiver.........you could also try using Echannelizer to save only the Picons to the receiver while stopped(init 4) and then init 3.

Its probably not the automatic system you would like, using one piece of software, but the safest ......

Thank you very much for your help. I'll try to follow your instuctions, I think i've moved the picons to hdd, I must admit I've never used putty for init 3 etc, use putty to add other things like wget. Hope to give you an updste later?
Again, thanks!