PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-UK XMLTV] EPG Import stopped working

radicaldoc
07-10-23, 10:03
Anyone else having problems with EPG Import stopped working on my vu+ uno4k se .this is on my bbc etc channels on 27.5w satback.anyone else has same thing ?' and how can i fix it please? is there a good replacement?
thanks guys

openvix.6.4

twol
07-10-23, 10:30
Anyone else having problems with EPG Import stopped working on my vu+ uno4k se .this is on my bbc etc channels on 27.5w satback.anyone else has same thing ?' and how can i fix it please? is there a good replacement?
thanks guys

openvix.6.4

are you using 28.2E and 27.5W - if so epgimport should work bringing in the 28.2E services, otherwise if you only have 27.5W use CrossEPG ------> download and configure in menu/setup/EPG/

radicaldoc
07-10-23, 20:47
are you using 28.2E and 27.5W - if so epgimport should work bringing in the 28.2E services, otherwise if you only have 27.5W use CrossEPG ------> download and configure in menu/setup/EPG/
thanks for the reeply i am just using 27.5w and 30.0w i did try your idea but it just crashed my box twice and now just flashes the screen i get no menu or anything else..i just found out it screwed the box up as well the biss for 27.5w and my IPTV.. LOL i am going to try to run a 28.2 into box instead of the 30w.. thanks

twol
07-10-23, 20:50
thanks for the reeply i am just using 27.5w and 30.0w i did try your idea but it just crashed my box twice and now just flashes the screen i get no menu or anything else..

I nearly said, there is a bug, so it will crash once and then go back into menu/setup/epg and select crossepg download providers, select by pressing enter and then download … its worth adding to extensions(again a menu choice)
I use it all the time and once setup there are no issues

radicaldoc
07-10-23, 22:31
I nearly said, there is a bug, so it will crash once and then go back into menu/setup/epg and select crossepg download providers, select by pressing enter and then download … its worth adding to extensions(again a menu choice)
I use it all the time and once setup there are no issues

thanks but not here i cannot get into t now all that happens is screen does a quick flash and back to plugins screen wont let me access any other screens..
i even tried removing it and loading it on again restarting gui but exactly same no go

twol
08-10-23, 06:43
thanks but not here i cannot get into t now all that happens is screen does a quick flash and back to plugins screen wont let me access any other screens..
i even tried removing it and loading it on again restarting gui but exactly same no go

You don,t use plugins screen….go to menu/setup/epg and setup and run from there or enable schedule

radicaldoc
08-10-23, 07:26
You don,t use plugins screen….go to menu/setup/epg and setup and run from there or enable schedule
thanks i found that thanks and set schedule. i then update sources and tried to download now but back to the quick flash of the screen that's it nothing else not downloading any at all... thanks

radicaldoc
08-10-23, 09:00
thanks i found that thanks and set schedule. i then update sources and tried to download now but back to the quick flash of the screen that's it nothing else not downloading any at all... thanks

radicaldoc
08-10-23, 09:03
although i don't really understand this how do i know if i have room .so i changed save to hard drive in main menu/setup/EPG to /media/HDD..
I tried both ways . still nothing.

ALL SORTED THANKS I HADN'T SET PROVIDERS PROPERLY ..
THANKS
TWOL

twol
08-10-23, 10:02
although i don't really understand this how do i know if i have room .so i changed save to hard drive in main menu/setup/EPG to /media/HDD..
I tried both ways . still nothing.

ALL SORTED THANKS I HADN'T SET PROVIDERS PROPERLY ..
THANKS
TWOL

this plugin was written some time ago and subsequently updated as required, but has some really irritating setup requirements (that are not obvious), but once done works well
Glad you worked your way through it - it updates the EPG cache differently from EPGimport which is why 27.5W services get the EPG updated