PDA

View Full Version : Sf8008 twin recording problem

sexton
03-10-23, 12:01
My box has started refusing to record two things at the same time if it is left on a channel other than one of those I want recorded. Software updated today. Both tuners working.
Am I wrong in assuming that if the box is say on bbc one and I set it to record itv and channel 5 it should not remain on bbc and not record one of the channels I requested?
Is there a setting somewhere that I have been unable to find?

sexton
03-10-23, 19:14
Solved. My wife had decided to use just "Record" instead of using "Zap and record".

adm
03-10-23, 20:37
My box has started refusing to record two things at the same time if it is left on a channel other than one of those I want recorded. Software updated today. Both tuners working.
Am I wrong in assuming that if the box is say on bbc one and I set it to record itv and channel 5 it should not remain on bbc and not record one of the channels I requested?
Is there a setting somewhere that I have been unable to find?

Are you sure that it not recording? If you go into the timer list you should see which timers are currently recording.

If the two channels you want to record are on the same MUX (terrestrial) or the same tTansponder (satellite) then it can use just one tuner to do so. In fact it can record all the channels on that MUX/Transponder at the same time just using one tuner.

If the two channels you want to record are on different MUXs/Transponders then the box will use both tuners BUT you can still watch or record any other channel on those two MUXs/Transponders at the same time. If you were watching a channel on one MUX/Transponder at the time a recording started on the same MUX/Transponder the box wouldn't try and change channel you were watching- it would just record in the background.
With an Enigma 2 box running OpenVix you could actually record 8+ channels at the same time with 2 tuners - as long as everything you wanted to record are on the same two MUXs/Transponders.

sexton
03-10-23, 21:19
Yes, we know about and employ multiple recordings on one transponder.
It just seemed that the box had changed the way it was operating but perhaps my wife had changed the way she was setting up the recording.
It would show that it was recording but the recording length would stay blank, which is logical seeing as it hadn't changed channel.
Changing from "record" to "zap and record" has fixed it.

Huevos
03-10-23, 21:19
Also needs to be set to prioritise recordings.

sexton
04-10-23, 06:27

Always has been.

This is what happens if one goes to EPG and set two channels on different transponders to record.It stays on BBC one and doesn't record eg. Hollyoaks even though it claims to be. It may be a false memory but I seem to remember a "Zap before recording" setting that isn't there any more.

sexton
27-11-23, 10:20

And seeing that the box is checked on OpenWebif is not enough. Had to turn it off and on again!