PDA

View Full Version : Another Issue with Uni-Cable LNB

CornishSteve
25-09-23, 19:04
Trouble with Uni-cable setup

I have had my Gigablue UHD Quad 4k for almost nine months trouble free viewing, using a GT-SAT GT-S3DCSS24 uni-cable LNB. Then one night a couple of weeks ago it stopped working, no signal, after a few checks I decided to buy a new LNB.
I now have the same Gigablue box with a new un-cable GT Sat GT-S2DCSS24 LNB, that I cannot get to work, my current LNB configuration is:

Configuration mode Advanced
Satellite (6) 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
LNB LNB 1
Priority Auto
Type of LNB SCR (Unicable / Jess)
SCR (Uncial / Jess) type SCR (Uncial / Jess) LNB
Model GT-S2dCSS24
Manufacturer GT-SAT
Channel User band(10)(1425) Note**** I have tried a few user bands nothing seems to work. Although I do pick up one or two ITV programs.

External Powered No.
DiSeqC mode None
Forced Legacy signal stats No.

Tuner B is not used, C,D,E,F,G and H are all set to FBC automatic.

When I use the legacy Universal outputs from the LNB I get a good signal and can receive all freesat channels.

Latest software flashed at the weekend, to make sure there are no bugs.

Any help will be most welcome.

abu baniaz
25-09-23, 20:23
There are some models of that LNB geared for the Italian market. It uses different user band frequencies. Check the paper that came with it for the list of frequencies. There should be two entries in the list of that LNB, one has Italy in name, and should work. If not, use the Maclean Unicable II MCTV-785 selection for now.

Just saw on another forum that someone got one that was programmed to use 16 out of the 24 SCRs for the Italian market. It also uses different frequencies.
scrs ="1210,1420,1680,2040,985,1050,1115,1275,1340,1 485 ,1550,1615,1745,1810,1875,1940"/>

CornishSteve
01-10-23, 15:39
The LNB is programmed with the German frequencies, or at least that is what it says on the label.

If I change the manufacturer's name from GT-SAT to Gigablue that automatically changes the LNB settings and I receive a good signal unfortunately the box behaves as though it has a universal LNB so I cannot use the virtual tuners.

twol
01-10-23, 18:38
The LNB is programmed with the German frequencies, or at least that is what it says on the label.

If I change the manufacturer's name from GT-SAT to Gigablue that automatically changes the LNB settings and I receive a good signal unfortunately the box behaves as though it has a universal LNB so I cannot use the virtual tuners.

So did you try the italian frequencies?

if that doesn,t work I would just get another non GT-SAT unicable lnb

abu baniaz
02-10-23, 00:13
The label says programmed with German or Italian with the different frequencies on either side of the page (or two different sheets). When you changed one tuner config, did you then change all the other tuners? You have not said which image version you are using. Maybe the Italian frequencies are not in the image you are using. If that is the case, please try Maclean Unicable II MCTV-785

Here is the other thread
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66027-My-luck-neever-changes-HELP-!

CornishSteve
03-10-23, 17:47
I did as suggested and bought another LNB, the setup was straightforward as described by the World of Satellite experts. All's well in my land once again. Thanks for the input I received.

malcolmp
03-10-23, 19:44
Which one did you buy?