PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4KSE] How to stop STB rebooting after extended time in standby (If possible)

diceman01
20-09-23, 09:59
Hi as title states can I stop the box doing full reboot after extended time in standby? My Duo2 can be in standby for days/weeks and it just wakes up from standby. Thanks in advance

Huevos
20-09-23, 21:29
It's hard to know what you are asking. Taking the box out of standby is immediate. The box doesn't boot. That only happens from deep standby.

adm
21-09-23, 11:35
Hi as title states can I stop the box doing full reboot after extended time in standby? My Duo2 can be in standby for days/weeks and it just wakes up from standby. Thanks in advance

If the box is in standby it should just take a few seconds to come to fully working.

If the box is in deep standby it can take 30 seconds or more to come to fully working.

If you press the on/off button on your remote quickly the box should just go into standby.
If you press and hold the on/off button on your remote you should get a small menu window with the options of standby or deep standby

You can also set up a power timer to automatically put the box into deep standby if the box has been in standby for x minutes.

Standby turns very little off and saves little power compared to being fully on.
Deep standby puts the box into a low power mode (less than 0.5W power consumption) but turns off most of the functions, hence a longer power up time.

A box in deep standby can wake up to perform recordings.

When you say you box is fully rebooting are you saying that the box has crashed with an error message and then fully reboots or could it be that it is just waking up from deep standby?

diceman01
22-09-23, 05:11
It's hard to know what you are asking. Taking the box out of standby is immediate. The box doesn't boot. That only happens from deep standby.

Like every other enigma2 box I have pressing the power button box goes to standby even if not turn back on for a day. This box if I don't use for a day when I bring it out of stand by its actually rebooting.

diceman01
22-09-23, 05:19
If the box is in standby it should just take a few seconds to come to fully working.

If the box is in deep standby it can take 30 seconds or more to come to fully working.

If you press the on/off button on your remote quickly the box should just go into standby.
If you press and hold the on/off button on your remote you should get a small menu window with the options of standby or deep standby

You can also set up a power timer to automatically put the box into deep standby if the box has been in standby for x minutes.

Standby turns very little off and saves little power compared to being fully on.
Deep standby puts the box into a low power mode (less than 0.5W power consumption) but turns off most of the functions, hence a longer power up time.

A box in deep standby can wake up to perform recordings.

When you say you box is fully rebooting are you saying that the box has crashed with an error message and then fully reboots or could it be that it is just waking up from deep standby?

Box reboots and I'm not using deep standby never have on any box and there is no error message.

twol
22-09-23, 05:55
Box reboots and I'm not using deep standby never have on any box and there is no error message.

Debug logs would help

Huevos
22-09-23, 08:51
If it reboots coming out of standby something is broken. So please provide debug logs for before or after the reboot.

diceman01
26-09-23, 05:54
Ok I shall get logs and report back

diceman01
26-09-23, 08:53
I think I have attached the log files correctly please let me know if this is correct.

twol
26-09-23, 09:48
I think I have attached the log files correctly please let me know if this is correct.

I removed your debug logs as they have user/passwd info in there....can you also change debug to use local time as well as removing the userid/passwd info next time!.

So logs are for a vuuno4kse??????? Thought the Duo was the issue???

You are using epgimport and lots of imports .... whats in your bouquets? how big? If Duo are you filling up flash?

diceman01
26-09-23, 13:11
I removed your debug logs as they have user/passwd info in there....can you also change debug to use local time as well as removing the userid/passwd info next time!.

So logs are for a vuuno4kse??????? Thought the Duo was the issue???

You are using epgimport and lots of imports .... whats in your bouquets? how big? If Duo are you filling up flash?

Sorry apologies my STB is a vuuno4kse I was trying to say in my first post my Duo2 doesn't have this issue. Yes im using epgimport for my IPTV with jedimaker and using epg refresh for the DVB-T tuner. Thank you for removing my logs