PDA

View Full Version : Want To change image from OpenVix 6.2 to Openatv 7.2 Please advise ?

Baioli70
17-09-23, 20:07
Good evening all hoping you can all help me out please ?

I last updated my Mutant HD51 4K in March this year but now have found for a long while that OpenVix no longer updates internally from version 6.2 if that's the right way of saying it apologies if I phrased that wrong.

I have been advised to use OpenATV 7.2 any ideas on that please and is it easy to do ?

To cover myself I would like to update if I can from Openvix 6.2 to latest safe working version ie Not Beta version into one partition and on another partition download OpenATV 7.2 version any step by step advice would be much appreciated

Many Thanks and all the best to you all
Baioli70

abu baniaz
17-09-23, 20:12
You cannot perform a "software update" from Vix 6.2 to Vix 6.4. You can "flash" 6.4 using the remote if you prefer. The process will make a settings backup (unless you changed the default), which you restore after the newest image reboots. Should take you less than 10 minutes and your box should be just as you had it configured.

As your receiver has hardware multiboot, you can flash ATV 7.2 into the other partition as you suggested. But you will have to setup ATV from scratch.

Baioli70
18-09-23, 10:58
I forgot to mention I bought this box second-hand over a year ago and of the 4 partitions some have things in there already how do I delete un wanted partitions ?

bellejt
18-09-23, 11:13
just overwrite/flash the partition you want to use.No need to delete

Baioli70
22-09-23, 10:09
You cannot perform a "software update" from Vix 6.2 to Vix 6.4. You can "flash" 6.4 using the remote if you prefer. The process will make a settings backup (unless you changed the default), which you restore after the newest image reboots. Should take you less than 10 minutes and your box should be just as you had it configured.

As your receiver has hardware multiboot, you can flash ATV 7.2 into the other partition as you suggested. But you will have to setup ATV from scratch.

Thank you for your speedy reply is there anywhere on this great forum that gives me a step by step guide as I dont want to make any mistakes ?

abu baniaz
22-09-23, 15:10
See this thread:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66090-OpenViX-6-4-Released!&p=533834&viewfull=1#post533834

The instructions on flashing using Image manager are posted there., but I will repeat for you

First:
Download the image to your receiver's storage device
Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Yellow (Downloads) > Select OpenViX > Select image version > Press OK
You will see the download status

Second:
Once downloaded, you should still be in Image manager and the latest image should be highlighted.
Ensure you have the correct image selected then press the Blue button (Flash)
The new image will flash and box will reboot when completed.
In install wizard you can then restore settings and plugins from OpenViX 6.3 (and earlier) series images. This will restore most things to how you had them before.

Baioli70
23-09-23, 23:40
Should I make back up first ?

dsayers
24-09-23, 01:55

I always regularly make a full backup of images so I can flash the backup if needed. With you having mulitiboot you can flash the backup image to another slot while resolving issues to new image if any exists

abu baniaz
24-09-23, 17:02
We have two types of backups:-

Settings backup - This will be made automatically for you when you flash using image manager, unless you changed the default. You can restore the settings after the new image reboots. Note: A settings backup can be made whenever you want. We defaulted it to on when flashing an image

Image backup - This is a complete copy of the image you have. You will have to manually create this if you want to. I don't see any benefit in doing this in your case. There is no harm either.

Baioli70
29-09-23, 00:09
Update - So I did settings automatically when flashing to version 6.400007 I think latest one all went well then box rebooted asked to use back settings which I did all worked like before but then after 10 mins crashed crash log etc so tried flashing back to older 6.2 image and all went well but unlike before when I tried flashing image 6.3 and again crashed with crash logs would go back to version 6.2 and would work fine without crashing this time went back to version 6.2 and it crashed again what have i doe wrong if so and and if not is there a way of fixing this please

abu baniaz
29-09-23, 07:53
You are probably restoring something that is causing the crash. Best to upload the crash log, make sure no WiFi passwords or IPTV details are present.

The next option is to flash image again, do not restore settings /plugins. Manually install one thing at a time to establish the cause of the crash.

Baioli70
29-09-23, 10:47
Good day to you thanks for your speedy reply
excuse my ignorance but how do I do this (You are probably restoring something that is causing the crash. Best to upload the crash log, make sure no WiFi passwords or IPTV details are present.)
Many Thanks
Baioli70

bmitie
29-09-23, 13:23
I can see you are not totally familiar with that box and it shows. You have what is called a multiboot box which means it has 4 partitions and you can have a different image on each slot. From the above it would appear you had openvix 6.2 and when version changed to 6.3 you would have needed to flash that over the existing BUT if version 6.2 worked why bother. You have now created a problem and its not disappearing.

Your best bet is to use what is called the recovery tool image, its EMMC and that will erase everything on the box, delete all partitions and its like starting from new. You have to know how to select correct language, NB you do not restore anything even if you get a prompt to do so, so do as prompts onscreen show, set hdmi, set resolution, configure tuners, set abm, scan for channels, then set epg. If you have a motorised dish you then download settings suitable for motorised, like morpheus or Hanninbal. Set USALS and away you go.

If after all that the box crashes you can assume correctly box is knackered.

Or you can flash Openatv 7.3 to another slot, it will erase what is already on thet slot or partition so go menu vix, image manager, yellow button to download select openatv , select 7.3, it will downlaod to box, then press blue to flash, select a slot and then do as above DONT restore anything. If that fails = box ect

urie
29-09-23, 20:35
just overwrite/flash the partition you want to use.No need to delete

To be honest I have seen people on various forum having problems sometimes just as you would normally just flash new image onto existing partition and it can fail.
and just a case of going into multiboot and deleating that image does work.

Baioli70
30-09-23, 19:24
Good Evening Thanks for your post

I have flashed new image as you said and all seems okay

Baioli70
07-10-23, 11:29
Just an Update

Apologies to all who advised on here but with some help I thought I had flashed new Image ie Openatv 7.3 when actually I have flashed Openpli 8.3 onto my Mutant HD51 4K.

That's the Latest and all seems to be working well.

I have gone to do a Back up and it saves on internal HD 500
Not going to mess anymore all I will do sometimes is on Image software if there are some updates I will update I`m guessing this wont affect the way things are.
I also downloaded from plug ins latest Morpheus Sat Motor Channel lists and works well.