PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Image Download Fails

goo
17-09-23, 19:06
If I download an image from Setup, Vix, Image Manager, the first will seem to download OK, but if I try to download more it sticks at "Waiting" and I have to click "Background" then "Restart GUI" to be able to download another.
Not a biggie, but worried that the first download may not have downloaded correctly.
This has been the case as far back as I can remember. I have even had a replacement main board (unrelated fault) which I flashed with a clean image.
I have a Zgemma H7 on the same network, and that will download images one after the other no problem.

Huevos
17-09-23, 19:29
You don't need to restart. Just wait.

goo
19-09-23, 16:38
It didn't matter how long I waited.
Just tried again today, and for the first time I can remember, it allowed me to download multiple images without sticking at "Waiting".
Have you done something at your end?

goo
24-11-23, 12:03
I know it's been a while, but just tried downloading different images again to give them a look.
openpli-9.0-release-gbquad4k-20231120_usb.zip and openbh-5.3.012.release-gbquad4k-93274e24_usb.zip download ok.
But, after I download openatv-7.3-gbquad4k-20231124_usb.zip it will not download any other images until I restart the GUI (get "Jobs are running in the background! Really restart now?" message).
If I try to download openvix-6.4.009.release-gbquad4k_usb.zip it gets to 100% then crashes.
Have tried this today and 2 days ago with exactly the same result.
Attached both crash reports

twol
24-11-23, 15:21
The logs are from a gbue4k not gbquad4k - so which box do you have????
Also the logs show you are on OpenViX Version = 6.4 Build = 009

Really do not understand how you are getting this crash - I have both boxes and my gbue4K is one of my main test boxes and have never seen this issue.
Are you running the downloads in the background?

goo
24-11-23, 19:05
I bought the box Gigablue UHD Quad 4K from WoS in march 2022, but sent it back to WoS this June, because it stopped seeing the internal SSD.
WoS sent it to GB who replaced the main board.
I asked WoS support what GB had found, but was told "GB don't elaborate".
Maybe I have fitted a gbue4k board in my Quad 4k box (it's definitely the same Quad 4K box), but those are the crash logs it generated.

The attached pic shows the info screen from the box.
Maybe it gets that info from the vix Quad 4K image, which is what I have been flashing it with, as that's what I assumed I had!

goo
24-11-23, 19:07
should read "Maybe they have fitted a gbue4k board in my Quad 4k box"

goo
24-11-23, 21:02
I am not running the downloads in the background by pressing 'Blue' for background, but it appears some downloads are running in the background long after they have reached 100% and look like they have completed.
This is only apparent if I try to restart after they have reached 100% and I get the "Jobs are running in the background! Really restart now?" message.

The replacement board definitely has 2 HDMIs and the extra USBs at the back.

twol
24-11-23, 21:58
Something is not correct.
I would save your settings file, so that if you have a complex setup, you can at least copy & paste the tuner setup, and then reflash and setup anew.
That way at least it should know if its a gbuhd4k.

ImagManager downloads should not take that long, even OpenPli is less than 30 seconds…. where are they saved - what type of device? When in ImageManager, press menu and just check they are being saved to where you exoect, and just check in MountManager that the hdd device is correct.

goo
25-11-23, 17:30
When you say settings file do you mean the one you can reload after an image update, or a specific file for the tuner setup?

And when you say reflash do you mean from within imagemanager, or the full usb job?
I flashed slot 1 with a new vix image when I got it back, as it had openatv (in german) on it, but I'll give it another go.

Imagemanager downloads only take about 15 to 20 seconds, and they are saved in the usual 'imagebackups' directory on the internal SSD.
The files are saved OK but the box usually thinks they are still 'running in the background, or crashes.

twol
25-11-23, 19:02
When you say settings file do you mean the one you can reload after an image update, or a specific file for the tuner setup?

And when you say reflash do you mean from within imagemanager, or the full usb job?
I flashed slot 1 with a new vix image when I got it back, as it had openatv (in german) on it, but I'll give it another go.

Imagemanager downloads only take about 15 to 20 seconds, and they are saved in the usual 'imagebackups' directory on the internal SSD.
The files are saved OK but the box usually thinks they are still 'running in the background, or crashes.

If you are confident in setting up the box, just flash (online if possible) as its quicker without restoring settings or plugins. Settings file … the one in /etc/enigma2.
But would be interested in seeing the whole debug log after a restart - something badly screwed up.

goo
26-11-23, 11:56
I haven't flashed anything yet, bet here's the debug log file.

There is no mention of a gbue4k in it.
Could some text meant for the gbue4k chave been accidentally duplicated in the gbquad4k image?

goo
27-11-23, 13:25
I have flashed another slot with latest Vix image (didn't restore anything), set up network fixed address and password, scanned freeview channels, set logs to debug, set skin to 'magic' and installed Samba.
Samba installation seemed quick and after restart it hadn't installed (tried twice). I set skin back to default skin and samba install took much longer and installed OK.
Image downloads seem better than before (no crashes yet), but they still sometimes stop if I try to download one just after another has just completed, and I have to restart the GUI (never have this with Zgemma H7S).

Here are the debug logs-65865658666586765868658696587065871

twol
27-11-23, 14:59
@goo - can see issue - but away until Thursday … will post something then….

goo
28-11-23, 12:34
OK.

Probably unrelated, but I cannot play large high bitrate 4K 24hz videos copied onto the Quad4K (they play ok on the Zgemma H7).
Handbraked to lower bitrates they play ok.

This may be down to differences in the manufacturer's drivers, but noticed that Zgemma has a 268Mb "Manufacturer Enabled Swap Eabled at Startup" compared to the 553Mb on the Quad4k.
Both have 1GB ram.
There is a "Disable Autostart" option for this swapfile, but it immediately re-enables itself on both boxes.
If this is meant to happen, why is this option available?

twol
28-11-23, 15:37
OK.

Probably unrelated, but I cannot play large high bitrate 4K 24hz videos copied onto the Quad4K (they play ok on the Zgemma H7).
Handbraked to lower bitrates they play ok.

This may be down to differences in the manufacturer's drivers, but noticed that Zgemma has a 268Mb "Manufacturer Enabled Swap Eabled at Startup" compared to the 553Mb on the Quad4k.
Both have 1GB ram.
There is a "Disable Autostart" option for this swapfile, but it immediately re-enables itself on both boxes.

Probably down to drivers.
disable swap…. Was changed because user wanted to use separate (user defined) swap, so code changed to allow that. Would need to look at code, but if only 1 swap(manufacturer) then I probably just took that as required.

birdman
28-11-23, 18:43
Are you sure that is what happens.
Disabling autostart is not the same as switching it off now (which is what the Deactivate option does).
When I Disable Autostart that option text changes to Enable Autostart.

The option is there in case you want to change the setting. Having a swap file does no harm (does nothing, really) if you don't need it, but might save the system from crashing if you do

goo
30-11-23, 13:12
Yes, the tick in the autostart box disappears then reappears immediately on both boxes (both running latest openvix) when you press the yellow remote button.
They are both "Manufacturer Enabled Swap Enabled at Startup".
There is no "Deactivate" option.

I just thought the different swapfile sizes might have been affecting the memery available for larger video files.

birdman
30-11-23, 13:33
Ah. You have a system with "manufacturer defined swap". As I recall, that means it gets turned back on even if you switch of off.

It's "only" file space (not memory) and corresponds to a few minutes of video in terms of storage space.

goo
14-12-23, 13:45
Flashed free slot with 6.4.010 and was able to download all 4 latest e2 images one after the other without having to restart gui.
After settig up uni-cable lnb, re-scanning channels and re-installing plugins and settings (all by hand, not from settings file), I tried again. The second download stuck at 0% and I had to restart the gui.

twol
14-12-23, 14:08
Flashed free slot with 6.4.010 and was able to download all 4 latest e2 images one after the other without having to restart gui.
After settig up uni-cable lnb, re-scanning channels and re-installing plugins and settings (all by hand, not from settings file), I tried again. The second download stuck at 0% and I had to restart the gui.

can I have debug log from that failure.......... in future (if not enabled) ensure you have debug logs defined and post here.

Glenn2
14-12-23, 18:56
Just to note, I experienced this today on my gbue4k.
To diagnose the refresh rate issue (another thread) I downloaded 6.4.010, intending to clean flash to another multiboot slot for testing. I thought I may as well download 6.4.009 as well so that I could revert to that to fix the other issue if needed. But it got stuck waiting. I couldn't back out, I turned the power off to get out of it.

goo
14-12-23, 19:11
Just to add- I also changed skin to magic (less harsh on OLED), but even when Ichanged it back to default skin it failed after first or second consecutive download.
These are the plugins and tuner settings.

Here are the latest debug logs, one before and one after it failed to download a second image (stuck at 0/100).

twol
14-12-23, 20:56
Just to add- I also changed skin to magic (less harsh on OLED), but even when Ichanged it back to default skin it failed after first or second consecutive download.
These are the plugins and tuner settings.

Here are the latest debug logs, one before and one after it failed to download a second image (stuck at 0/100).
Thanks, need to think about this

twol
14-12-23, 21:01
Just to note, I experienced this today on my gbue4k.
To diagnose the refresh rate issue (another thread) I downloaded 6.4.010, intending to clean flash to another multiboot slot for testing. I thought I may as well download 6.4.009 as well so that I could revert to that to fix the other issue if needed. But it got stuck waiting. I couldn't back out, I turned the power off to get out of it.

Again would love to see logs…. this is a tricky issue and apparently (so far) on gb boxes( which is where I see it, no where else)… I need your log to see if you have same issue as goo or something else….the issue is in same area, just shows differently