PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] PiP activates inself

sataday
05-09-23, 19:25
I have tuner A set to Positioner and tuner B set to single 28.2E.
Sometimes when watching 28.2E on fixed dish, the motorised dish starts moving to 28.2E.
I have discovered that it is doing so because the PiP has been self activated.
The last image I was on was 5.3.034 and I didn't have that problem then.

adm
05-09-23, 19:35
I have tuner A set to Positioner and tuner B set to single 28.2E.
Sometimes when watching 28.2E on fixed dish, the motorised dish starts moving to 28.2E.
I have discovered that it is doing so because the PiP has been self activated.
The last image I was on was 5.3.034 and I didn't have that problem then.

When this happens are you using something like the OpenTV download (EPG Refresh?) to update your EPG and are using the "Use PIP for download" option. Perhaps you have configured it to fetch the EPG from a 28.2 channel every 6 hours

menu/setup/epg/OpenTVzapper.

I don't think this facility was available in the menus in 5.3.034

ronand
05-09-23, 19:36
It it possibly doing an epg update?

sataday
05-09-23, 19:52
Thanks guys. I didn't know that existed. Should I just change use PiP for download to NO? Will that sort it?

Trial
06-09-23, 07:40
Hi,
I always use fake recording for EPG refresh but I think it will not help you. If you are watching 28.e and EPG should be also from 28.e the Solo2 is limited to 1 transponder which means that it might also activate your positioner. Set EPG refresh to only refresh in standby.

Ralf

adm
06-09-23, 10:21
Hi,
I always use fake recording for EPG refresh but I think it will not help you. If you are watching 28.e and EPG should be also from 28.e the Solo2 is limited to 1 transponder which means that it might also activate your positioner. Set EPG refresh to only refresh in standby.

Ralf

Or possibly use some other method of of obtaining over the air EPG

If only watching Freesat channels from 28.2 then selecting the "Enable Freesat EPG = Yes" option in menu/setup/epg/epg settings/ will get you the EPG for those channels as you watch and therefore you don't necessarily need OpenTV download.

If getting the Sky FTA channels then possibly set up a timer to wake up from deep standby once a day, record from the IEPG channel (to trash) for 10/15 minutes and then go back into deep standby.
The only slight gotcha with this is that when you next switch on your box it will know that the last channel selected was the IEPG which is a blank (black) screen without audio and you will have to select another channel. This can lead to you thinking that something has gone wrong. One way around this is to create a second timer (timed to occur after the IEPG timer has finished) that does similar that selects a watchable channel.

sataday
06-09-23, 11:16
Thanks again for suggestions. Owing to my solo2s limitations I have gone back to using CrossEPG

Huevos
06-09-23, 21:15
OpenTV EPG Downloader: I changed this ages ago so users can select their preferred download times if they don't want to use auto mode.