PDA

View Full Version : Flashing problem

revsup
22-02-11, 23:46
Hi

Wonder if anybody can help me I am having trouble suddenly with flashing new images

previously I had no trouble I have flashed VTI images, VXI images and gigant images.

I have used 4 different usb memory sticks Scandisk,Cruzer, even a Duracell 32gb.

I thought it was a flash memory problem ,I've just exchanged machines and guess what have got the same trouble I have just managed to put on the new VTI image but it now seems to be in in a loop with 'loading defaults'.

Is there something I'm suddenly doing wrong?

Has anybody used a USB to to serial port as I do not have any serial ports on any of my computers, I have 2 Apple Macs and a Dell Mini 1012

Any ideas would be most welcome

punisher
23-02-11, 00:34
hmmm thats strange, try one of the format tools on this forum and copy the vu/duo/ folders over into root of usb and try again.

dymebox
23-02-11, 00:57
Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong.

Try formatting the drive in Disc Utility as FAT on the Mac. Make sure you have your bootable usb files in folders vuplus/duo/ on the stick and try again. I often don't get a reboot message on my VU+ Duo box, but I just power off and back on and the image has usually gone on.

judge
23-02-11, 00:57
have you plugged out all other USB devices?

revsup
23-02-11, 01:15
Thanks for the ideas guys have just flashed the latest VTI image with a brand new Scandisk 16gb flash I also have as well as my macs I have a Dell Mini 1012 have formatted in windows fat32 , when I get it says it is on the Vu+Duo , I seem to be back in the loop of " loading defaults" It now has been going on for at least 10mins.
I have just ordered a Serial to USB null cable to you think I will be more succesful with that????:confused::confused::confused:

punisher
23-02-11, 07:20
Thats a strange problem, ive got a dell laptop and a sandisk cruzer blade 8gb, i just downloaded a format tool from here, formated the usb, put the folders in, removed all devices from the duo and bam flashes a treat. Try using another browser to download the image, sometimes the download is corrupted and maybe that is whats causing the problem. Worth a try while you waiting for null cable

kegrka
27-02-11, 22:47
hi
Think I had a simular problem ,after using BH 1.3.2 after using that image I wasn;t and still cannot get my front USB slot to load a new image last image I installed was VIX nfi using vu+utillity , remembering that you must have a serial cable connect as well as LAN it worked first time and was easy to do,... I tried a factory reset had no other USB's connected, it kept loading previous imageI have not change from VIX but did try and load a new image problem still in machine, Tried 3 different sticks all freshly formatted ,so now Im stuck unless new images have NFI type to load up with which i suspect will disappear because the USB way is so easy