PDA

View Full Version : picture in picture bugged out?

Szelest
28-08-23, 16:18
Is there a way i could reset or delete picture in picture settings in my box, so its back to default? Cause when i was moving the pip window around it bugged and now everytime i enable it, my box crashes...

cactikid
28-08-23, 18:17
Try going into webif on pc and do adjustments in there as i had issues with box crashing and got in there and changed things and if fixed my issue.

Szelest
28-08-23, 18:54
I need to reset pip settings, theres no option to do that in webif, unless u know something i dont.

adm
28-08-23, 19:59
I need to reset pip settings, theres no option to do that in webif, unless u know something i dont.

You will need to be in expert mode which gives you more menu options

On the box
menu/setup/system/customise settings/setup mode = expert
then
menu/setup/user interface/settings/ scroll down to the 2nd/3rd page of menu options
You will find a couple of PIP settings there

Webif (new/modern interface)*
i) Select settings from the left hand edge of the window
ii) in the top right hand of the window that appears there is a little arrow to select a list of customise settings - click on this arrow

iii) Select Customise settings
iv) select expert mode (1st option)

then back to previous menu list

v) Select GUI settings
iv) scroll down to "Behavior of 0 key in PiP-mode" (Standard is the default option).

* to select modern interface menu/plugins/openwebif/use modern interface = yes

Webif (old interface)
i) Select settings from the left hand edge of the window
ii) Select Customise settings
iii) select expert mode
iv) Select GUI settings
v) scroll down to "Behavior of 0 key in PiP-mode" (Standard is the default option).

Szelest
29-08-23, 10:56
By pip settings, i meant the pip screen position and size, which you can only change when you enable pip, but since enabling it is causing a crash, i cant do anything with it, i thought it was clear when i mentioned "it started crashing when i was moving the pip window around", sorry.

cactikid
29-08-23, 11:32
But were you doing that with remote or in Webif?

Szelest
31-08-23, 18:40
But were you doing that with remote or in Webif?

with a remote, theres no other way to do it, as far as i know
i mean ofc you can use the webif remote, but does it count as doing that in webif or with remote then?
also why does it matter, i said it crashes when i enable pip, and the settings u mentioned dont have anything to do with pip other than a function when pip is already enabled, but we have estabilished pip crashes the box when i enable it, so changing the function doesnt do anything with the situation, so is there a way to reset (without enabling pip first) the size and position of pip window (like deleting a settings file, or changing something in some settings file) or not, cause those questions feel like dont lead anywhere useful :(

Willo3092
31-08-23, 19:04
Can't you just init 4 in telnet and delete all references to PiP in settings, then reboot?

Szelest
31-08-23, 19:13
Yes indeed i can, i logged to my box as root with power shell, i typed init 4 and nothing happened, other than i cant get into webif, or use the box atm

Willo3092
31-08-23, 19:21
I didn't know that you could use powershell. I would use putty.

Szelest
31-08-23, 19:23
Aight, guess im giving up for now, ill just fresh install someday...

Willo3092
31-08-23, 19:45
Can't you just restore a settings backup?