PDA

View Full Version : Replace Hard drive MUTANT HD2400

cueman
24-08-23, 09:44
Having had my Trusty HD2400 a few years now i`m looking to replace the HDD for a SSD 1tb. Don`t need advice regarding the actual change / Setup. But can anyone please advice me to which SSD would best suit the HD2400.
Also, is it possible to connect the old HDD back to the HD2400 ? via USB. I have quite a few recordings i would still like to access after the drive change. Is there a alternative. Many thanks, all advice welcomed.

twol
24-08-23, 09:59
Having had my Trusty HD2400 a few years now i`m looking to replace the HDD for a SSD 1tb. Don`t need advice regarding the actual change / Setup. But can anyone please advice me to which SSD would best suit the HD2400.
Also, is it possible to connect the old HDD back to the HD2400 ? via USB. I have quite a few recordings i would still like to access after the drive change. Is there a alternative. Many thanks, all advice welcomed.

There are kits to attach a HDD to a PC that can handle the old connections(I have one that I have used periodically for years), just make sure you get one with separate power for the HDD

cactikid
24-08-23, 10:56
I have bought and used a caddy to enclose the hdd and it has its own power feed and plugged into rear of box also.

cueman
24-08-23, 11:22
Thanks Guys, so that seems to have sorted me out regarding being to view my recordings. Any advice on which SSD i should go for... best suits my HD2400. or will any new SSD be fine. Thanks again.