PDA

View Full Version : solo 4k problems recording??

radicaldoc
22-08-23, 05:43
can anyone shed some light onto this?? the last time it happened it completly crashed my box .i am assuming it is refering to the hard drive? yet it has been working fine after changing it for another after the last one kicked up this same problem this is the second hard drive .this one came out of another solo2 box and had no problems at all with it. any reason ??
i have to say both of these drives worked very well in my solo 2 boxes.is there something different about the way solo 4k uses them?

twol
22-08-23, 06:07
can anyone shed some light onto this?? the last time it happened it completly crashed my box .i am assuming it is refering to the hard drive? yet it has been working fine after changing it for another after the last one kicked up this same problem this is the second hard drive .this one came out of another solo2 box and had no problems at all with it. any reason ??
i have to say both of these drives worked very well in my solo 2 boxes.is there something different about the way solo 4k uses them?
So is the disk format ext4? If you took it from a solo2 its quite possible its from a time that fat32 was not blocked or do you have other disks attached?

radicaldoc
22-08-23, 06:15
i assumed that the format would be the same especially as it's worked fine for quite a while.. i am thinking of putting a 480gb ssd drive in it. do you think that would be ok??

twol
22-08-23, 07:26
i assumed that the format would be the same especially as it's worked fine for quite a while.. i am thinking of putting a 480gb ssd drive in it. do you think that would be ok??

You don,t need the ssd speed and over time performance might degrade, but pricewise less of an issue nowadays.

radicaldoc
22-08-23, 08:06
You don,t need the ssd speed and over time performance might degrade, but pricewise less of an issue nowadays.

they are very chaep now 480gb sandisk 26€

twol
22-08-23, 08:33

make sure you format ext4

radicaldoc
22-08-23, 08:35
make sure you format ext4

LOL yep..hopefully cure my problem..

Alec
22-08-23, 13:22
I bought this on Amazon Fikwot FS810 1TB 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - SATA III 6Gb/s, 3D £34 delivered, And just format on PC to fat 32, and then format again in Sat receiver, and so far there has been no problems.

radicaldoc
23-08-23, 11:39
how do i format the ssd drive in my solo 4k with vix??

radicaldoc
23-08-23, 13:27
sorted i formated on pc first then on box

radicaldoc
27-08-23, 11:08
OK well pi**ED WITH THIS SOLO 4K NOW ......
after having the origional problem with hard drive i bought an new ssd drive formated to proper format.all good for over week everything working and BANG exactly the same problem this appeared again.. i have no idea what is happening now at all anyone else have any ideas????

It also seems to knock my 27.5w satback on the head as well???.. 28.2 e still working

twol
27-08-23, 12:18
OK well pi**ED WITH THIS SOLO 4K NOW ......
after having the origional problem with hard drive i bought an new ssd drive formated to proper format.all good for over week everything working and BANG exactly the same problem this appeared again.. i have no idea what is happening now at all anyone else have any ideas????

It also seems to knock my 27.5w satback on the head as well???.. 28.2 e still working
So press blue button, vix, Mountmanager …what do you have in there and what is marked as HDD. Then check the format.

radicaldoc
27-08-23, 12:38
So press blue button, vix, Mountmanager …what do you have in there and what is marked as HDD. Then check the format.

no all looks good to me

twol
27-08-23, 13:11
Whats in menu/setup/recordings, playback&timeshift, timeshift. … location

radicaldoc
27-08-23, 13:20
Whats in menu/setup/recordings, playback×hift, timeshift. … location

looks ok doesn't it??

ronand
27-08-23, 20:26

Probably a fake at that price. Thats probably why you are having problems.

radicaldoc
28-08-23, 13:18
Probably a fake at that price. Thats probably why you are having problems.

REALLY???? not fake all paperwork on offer 15% off only small drive.. SSD pretty cheap here now

cactikid
28-08-23, 18:12
Maybe try and setup a usb and format that on box while the ssd is removed for testing.
Does the sticker look genuine?

deltec
01-09-23, 18:21
Have u any photos u could show us iv had bus for years

radicaldoc
03-09-23, 09:19
SSD Out and HHD Fitted now with format correct we will see how it goes now.....