PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Content not accessible

avalon65
08-08-23, 20:50
Just recently , after flashing the receiver with 6.4.002 image, when we leave the receiver on BBC1 overnight or longer, when we turn on the TV, the receiver displays a small screen in the top left corner, then a message saying 'content not available'
I just press the exit button on the remote and the tv screen is now normal, but it always does go to the screen as described above. I don't know if it happens if the receiver is on another channel , say BBC2 or ITV, because we have not tried it yet.
Anyone know why this is happening all at once.

Thanks

twol
08-08-23, 21:15
Just recently , after flashing the receiver with 6.4.002 image, when we leave the receiver on BBC1 overnight or longer, when we turn on the TV, the receiver displays a small screen in the top left corner, then a message saying 'content not available'
I just press the exit button on the remote and the tv screen is now normal, but it always does go to the screen as described above. I don't know if it happens if the receiver is on another channel , say BBC2 or ITV, because we have not tried it yet.
Anyone know why this is happening all at once.

Thanks

I am not sure why its in top lh corner but sounds like pip is activated

avalon65
09-08-23, 20:45
When the tv is off for about an hour and then turned back on, the screen is normal, but if left off overnight, then turned on the next day sometime, the screen is like pip and with the said message.
It has only recently been like that since the last upgrade, so I am wondering if the latest upgrade would sort it??

Huevos
09-08-23, 21:29
Have you got a plugin set up to download the epg?

avalon65
09-08-23, 22:47
I'm not sure without checking. What plugin would it be. I don't think so tho'

Orlandox
10-08-23, 08:14
What resolution you have set ? When having 2160p30 set, I have had same problem. If it is that, change it to 2160p.

avalon65
10-08-23, 12:33
In the Audio and Video settings there is a whole list of different resolutions to show as: ie 2160p30 show as 2160' 30Hz. How do I change it to just 2160p

Also I have just noticed that when the error message appears etc, it also says AutoBoquetMaker above the small (pip) screen
Thanks

cactikid
10-08-23, 13:59
My settings on my Zgemma H7S and my tv is android 4K
Check the time on ABM to run as with 1 feed it might lose the feed if ABM runs?

avalon65
10-08-23, 18:36
My Audio / Video settings menu is different from yours in that there is no Mode . I have a listing of various / different modes, and it is set to automatic.
I found that if the tv is off for say 3 or 4 hours , and then turned back on, the screen is normal, but if the tv is left off overnight, then turned back on again in the morning , the screen goes as described in my initial post above

Huevos
10-08-23, 18:45
My Audio / Video settings menu is different from yours in that there is no Mode . I have a listing of various / different modes, and it is set to automatic.
I found that if the tv is off for say 3 or 4 hours , and then turned back on, the screen is normal, but if the tv is left off overnight, then turned back on again in the morning , the screen goes as described in my initial post abovePlease post a screengrab.

avalon65
10-08-23, 20:26
Screenshot as requested:

cactikid
10-08-23, 21:01
What skin are you using on your box .
I am running simple 1080
Yes i have auto resolution to off so picture does not do funny things.

twol
10-08-23, 21:06
Screenshot as requested:

Change automatic resolution to disabled…and then select mode

avalon65
10-08-23, 22:49
@cactikid
I'm also using simple 1080 skin.

@twol
I have now changed the setting to 2160p in mode. I'll check then tv screen tomorrow.
thanks

Huevos
11-08-23, 08:26
Screenshot as requested:No, a screengrab of the problem, not the A/V settings.

avalon65
11-08-23, 08:40
Ok, I misunderstood.

I clicked on screenshot in webif showing the error message, but I can't find it now, aargh!. If it hasn't been taken, I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning now!

avalon65
12-08-23, 07:58
This is the screenshot of the said error message. I know it says 'Can't read data' as against what I said.
Just a thought, as the epg data is set for downloading at around 6.00 am, could it be that the error message is generated by the fact it can't read the epg data which is downloaded??
But then again,there is epg data when I press the guide button on the remote

Huevos
12-08-23, 10:28
That screen means ABM download that you have programmed is not completing. You need to turn on debug logs and then restart the box. Then tomorrow, after the failure, you can grab the debug log and post it here.

avalon65
12-08-23, 10:48
The debug logs are already enabled, and there are only 3 which are timed at night, ie yesterdays 20.50.02.
This is it:

Huevos
12-08-23, 11:41
The debug logs are already enabled, and there are only 3 which are timed at night, ie yesterdays 20.50.02.
This is it:That is a log of the box booting for 30 seconds and then being shut down again at 20:55 last night.

avalon65
12-08-23, 13:33
Yes I appreciate that , but as the error message has been appearing every day for the last few weeks, there is no debug log any other times. But I'll check again tomorrow morning.

Huevos
12-08-23, 14:53
If you set up the debug logs they should run permanently. Use a pen drive and make sure you have set them up to write to /media/usb.

avalon65
12-08-23, 16:41
The logs are now set to write to an 8Gb USB stick, after a reboot.

avalon65
13-08-23, 10:24
After the said error message appeared again earlier, I went to check the debug logs and there wasn't one for today

Huevos
13-08-23, 17:58
After the said error message appeared again earlier, I went to check the debug logs and there wasn't one for todayThe date of the debug log filename is when it was created which would have been yesterday.

avalon65
13-08-23, 18:44
Ok but there i only this one which was created after a reboot yesterday afternoon: Ever since the error message has appeared there has not been any debug file as I know of

avalon65
14-08-23, 08:11
The receiver is now showing this screen, and there is no log for or about it.
It's like the receiver has a mind of its' own! The previous error message is now. not showing When I turned off the tv last night, the screen was normal, but now it is like someone has pressed a button on the remote to bring up this screen???

avalon65
14-08-23, 08:32
20 minutes after I put the screen back to normal, it went to this now::

cactikid
14-08-23, 17:49
Did you press the radio button? press tv button to revert to tv channels as sometimes i like some music instead.

avalon65
15-08-23, 08:40
No I didn't press any buttons on the remote as I went to OW and clicked on the TV button for the remote. Anyway, I have since flashed the receiver with the latest image 6.4.003, and the problem seems to have gone away now, with no error messages nor any other strange things happening.

Thanks

Huevos
15-08-23, 09:13
The ABM run is happening because you programmed it that way and lately one of the transponders it is searching is a bit weak. Are you searching terrestrial? Maybe a tree is blocking a bit of signal.

This other problem is something different. Either:

The dog stepped on the remote, or
Something in the room is sending commands that conflict with this equipment, or
Your remote control is knackered, maybe a stuck button, or
Your receiver is knackered.

Whatever it is it is not a software problem.

avalon65
15-08-23, 17:19
Ok, but how do I program the ABM, like what settings should I change. I just left it at the default setting AFAIK

I don't have a dog.
Whatever was sending commands which conflict with the equipment, it iis not doing it now
The remote is only 5 months old
And the receiver is almost 1 year old

As I said earlier, I flashed the receiver with the latest image 6.4.003, and noting untoward has happened since I did it.

Thanks

Huevos
16-08-23, 09:27
Ok, but how do I program the ABM, like what settings should I change. I just left it at the default setting AFAIKYou obviously didn't leave it as default because those aren't the default settings... but as you are not able to provide a log it is not possible to help.

As I said earlier, I flashed the receiver with the latest image 6.4.003, and noting untoward has happened since I did it.It is not a software problem.

avalon65
16-08-23, 11:22
No, you are right, I was not thinking properly, I didn't leave ABM as default, but set it up for my providers etc and the epg is set to download at 01.00am now

I cannot provide a log because as I have said before, no logs were generated for the initial error message. it is beyond me why this is so.

I have never said it was a software problem, just that the error message seemed to have only started since I flashed the receiver with the 6.4.002 image. Coincidence or what?
Now it is flashed with 6.4.003 image there are no error messages, nor anything else wrong ,m so I don't need any help now.

Huevos
16-08-23, 19:49
Please provide a screen grab of your logs settings.

avalon65
16-08-23, 23:03
Log settings as requested:

Huevos
16-08-23, 23:28
Then there should be logs in /media/usb/logs.

avalon65
17-08-23, 08:40
Yes there are 2 debug logs. 1 is for when I did the upgrade and the other is for an earlier reboot.