PDA

View Full Version : 1 meter motorised gibertini dish

deltec
06-08-23, 11:53
iv just got a new motorised gibertini 1 meter dish are u beter off with a feed horn and a c12o unirvasal lnb for signal

deltec
06-08-23, 19:43
No one then any suggestions on this mater

deltec
07-08-23, 15:33
Well I’m amazed no one intrested in this topic

el bandido
08-08-23, 06:50
The question you ask really has no good answer. You can mount 10 different lnbs on your dish and get 10 different readings from them. Received signal depends on how you mount the lnb on your dish, how well the lnb and feed are matched to your particular dish, and what frequencies you test them on.

For best results, match the lnb and lnb feed to the dish. Usually this is only done in professional systems and can be expensive. The dish manufacturer will have this information, if it is available. Otherwise, do the best you can with what you have.

Huevos
08-08-23, 09:25
Just use a good quality offset LNB like the Technomate ones sold by the forum sponsor. Don't fantasize about feedhorns. They are not made for offset dishes and if you modify one to fit the performance will be worse. Anyway an offset LNB already has the correct feedhorn built in.

deltec
08-08-23, 15:49
I’ve bought the feed horn from Gibertini and a c120 inverts twin lnb that will go with the Gibertini 1 meter dish and the polar mount when I’ve had it fited in a couple of weeks I’ve been told the feed horn was made for the Gibertini dish’s

deltec
08-08-23, 15:56
Iv bought a vbox posioner what is the best way to set it up to my vu ultimo is there a way to do this could some boday explain the best way to do this

Huevos
08-08-23, 18:32
I’ve bought the feed horn from Gibertini and a c120 inverts twin lnb that will go with the Gibertini 1 meter dish and the polar mount when I’ve had it fited in a couple of weeks I’ve been told the feed horn was made for the Gibertini dish’sYou are mistaken, but sounds like you've made your mind up.

Huevos
08-08-23, 18:34
Iv bought a vbox posioner what is the best way to set it up to my vu ultimo is there a way to do this could some boday explain the best way to do thisWhich vbox? Where did you get that from?

deltec
08-08-23, 18:44
I have a primesat v .box pr1200 iv been told a feed horn makes a lot of difrence

deltec
08-08-23, 18:51
What I want to no is what is the best way to set it up if u could help

Huevos
08-08-23, 22:32
I have a primesat v .box pr1200 iv been told a feed horn makes a lot of difrenceYes, it eats the signal.

Huevos
08-08-23, 22:38
What I want to no is what is the best way to set it up if u could helpBest advice. Put it on a substantial bracket, somewhere you can adjust it easily without standing on a ladder.

deltec
09-08-23, 05:10
I ment setting up the vbox to the vu ultimo

Huevos
09-08-23, 10:49
I ment setting up the vbox to the vu ultimoFirst thing you do is set it up manually so it works properly with the vbox remote. Once you have that working we can move to set up the ultimo.

deltec
09-08-23, 12:08
How do I do that could explain

Huevos
09-08-23, 12:58
Well to save me wasting time please explain exactly what you have done so far. Have you mounted the dish? How has that been done? Have you aligned it and got it tracking the arc? Have you attached the actuator to the polar mount? Have you set the hardware limits in the actuator? Have you run the 4 core cable to the vbox? Please be specific.

deltec
09-08-23, 13:26
Yes done all the obove

Huevos
09-08-23, 15:34
So please be specific. What have you done? Describe everything. How did you get the dish on the arc and align it?

deltec
09-08-23, 15:59
I got a satllite engineer installer to fit the dish and to set it up on the arc he used a spectrum analyzer

el bandido
09-08-23, 18:55
Sometimes it helps to post good, clear pictures of the dish, lnb and actuator. Post pictures of the whole dish system.

On the other hand, if the dish is installed correctly and receives the satellites you want to watch with a decent signal, then save the diseqc 1.2 position for each satellite in the receiver and you are done!

Huevos
09-08-23, 21:03
I got a satllite engineer installer to fit the dish and to set it up on the arc he used a spectrum analyzerSo why didn't he set up the vbox? After all it is an integral part of the system.

Huevos
09-08-23, 21:10
So I am guessing you have no switch inline...

Go in tuner config of the tuner that is connected to the dish. You have to set up every satellite independently.

LNB = 1
DiSEqC = 1.2
USALS = No
Stored position = corresponds with the stored position used by the vbox for that satellite.

deltec
10-08-23, 05:02
So what do u mean no switch inline it speaking in ridles

Alec
10-08-23, 18:16
I ment setting up the vbox to the vu ultimo

I set mine up on the ground first with vee box and receiver on a table outside with a TV. I just put the USALS in Advance on 0.8 w. send it that position and adjust Dish on that position. I then sent it to 28.2 after programming in advance.
And in positioner adjusted to the best signal and gave it a number 0f 04 . I then reset the number of vee box and called it Astra1. Just add the sats you want in advance. I sent the Sat to 0.8 and gave that a name in the vee box and made a note of the number. I then sent it back to 28.2 on the receiver. I then installed the dish in the air on that sat.

el bandido
11-08-23, 01:32
I set mine up on the ground first with vee box and receiver on a table outside with a TV. I just put the USALS in Advance on 0.8 w. send it that position and adjust Dish on that position. I then sent it to 28.2 after programming in advance.
And in positioner adjusted to the best signal and gave it a number 0f 04 . I then reset the number of vee box and called it Astra1. Just add the sats you want in advance. I sent the Sat to 0.8 and gave that a name in the vee box and made a note of the number. I then sent it back to 28.2 on the receiver. I then installed the dish in the air on that sat.

How EXACTLY did you use USALS on a vbox or a pr1200 positioner? These positioners are only Diseqc 1.2 capable and Not USALS capable.

Alec
13-08-23, 16:45
How EXACTLY did you use USALS on a vbox or a pr1200 positioner? These positioners are only Diseqc 1.2 capable and Not USALS capable.

I can't explain in detail because it was when 0.08 west had filmnet many years ago. According to my paper work, I did have it on 1.2 Diseqc, but no USALS. With decent equipment, one should be able to find 0.08 west, it is virtually south, and 28.2 should not be a problem when using the Vee box to turn it to that position. My jack had to be set at 0.08w nearly all in. In fact, I just put Zgemma H7S on this system, because it would not drive Technomate TM-2600 super with twin LNB motor system. These boxes are excellent for the price, but are weak on turning motors.
And the Diseqc mode is on 1.2 with no USALS. And stored positions.

deltec
14-08-23, 18:50
I just eating for the satllite engineer to come then all will be up and running