PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] Easist way to combine ABM providers in one bouquet?

judge
30-07-23, 02:53
Is there any current tutorial for this?
Using any custom file, what's the current easiest way to scan 2 or more different providers into 1 channel list?
If I want to schedule a scan on Saorview & FreeSat UK & end up with one bouquet, what's the best way?

cactikid
30-07-23, 11:13
Is there not a favourites you make with your channel lists on the second page where you add your channels into what order you want and they dont change if ABM runs overnight
Not sure if its possible to get both providers in one Bouquet but in Sat and Terrestrial and move when needed.

Not sure if Dreambox Edit can move multiple channels to a Bouquet.?

Joe_90
30-07-23, 13:59
Is there any current tutorial for this?
Using any custom file, what's the current easiest way to scan 2 or more different providers into 1 channel list?
If I want to schedule a scan on Saorview & FreeSat UK & end up with one bouquet, what's the best way?

Hi @judge - don't see you much on the forum in recent times!

What I do for a combined Saorview/Freesat bouquet is to use a CustomMix file. In ABM I set my local Saorview transmitter as a provider and also Freesat. If you just run ABM like that you get two separate bouquets. If you create a CustomMix file and put it in the custom directory for ABM, then you will get a merged bouquet. Attached is my custom file for Freesat which merges Saorview in at the top (with channel numbers from 1 to 30) and Freesat starts at 101. You need to set "alternate numbering" in the menu Setup/User Interface/Channel Selection to get Freesat to start at 101.

Place the attached file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_freesat_CustomMix.xml

I also have a custom file for use with Sky bouquet (for those additional channels not on Freesat), but I actually prefer the channel numbering on Freesat.

abu baniaz
30-07-23, 14:03
Just to add to what joe_90 said, place in
/etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

A favourites file I created for someone else to consider as an alternative

Joe_90
30-07-23, 14:36
Thanks @abu - I didn't realise you could place the CustomMix files in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom. I can see example files in that directory, but my own files live where I indicated. Those example files are quite complex/specific. My custom file for Freesat/Saorview will allow Saorview and Freesat to move around their LCNs and doesn't impose any specific channel order except to locate all Saorview channels in the range 1 - 30.

Here's what my current channel list looks like:

abu baniaz
30-07-23, 14:47
The mix file you use is brilliant.

Location was added here:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/a385df5a585f3a553281e54053445c52c9ac4da4

Move custom user files to /etc/enigma2
CustomLCN, CustomMix, favourites, and Example_CustomLCN go in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom.
Any user created provider file goes in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers and takes priority over any provider file of the same name as the one shipped with the plugin.
Having the user files in /etc/enigma2 means they should automatically be included in backups. It also avoids modified files being overwritten by plugin updates.

judge
31-07-23, 00:10
Is there not a favourites you make with your channel lists on the second page where you add your channels into what order you want and they dont change if ABM runs overnight
Not sure if its possible to get both providers in one Bouquet but in Sat and Terrestrial and move when needed.

Not sure if Dreambox Edit can move multiple channels to a Bouquet.?

Yes, I do use favourites & it works perfectly for me. However the odd time my mother loses channels tho if a frequency changes & I'm not there to fix it. Recently lost BBC1 & Ch4 even though in the favourites.

judge
31-07-23, 00:14
That's perfect, thank you.
I knew I had done something similar before but couldn't remember how & it's not really mentioned in the readme file.

judge
31-07-23, 00:15

What I do for a combined Saorview/Freesat bouquet is to use a CustomMix file. In ABM I set my local Saorview transmitter as a provider and also Freesat. If you just run ABM like that you get two separate bouquets. If you create a CustomMix file and put it in the custom directory for ABM, then you will get a merged bouquet. Attached is my custom file for Freesat which merges Saorview in at the top (with channel numbers from 1 to 30) and Freesat starts at 101. You need to set "alternate numbering" in the menu Setup/User Interface/Channel Selection to get Freesat to start at 101.

Place the attached file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_freesat_CustomMix.xml

I also have a custom file for use with Sky bouquet (for those additional channels not on Freesat), but I actually prefer the channel numbering on Freesat.

I knew I had done something similar before but couldn't remember how & it's not really mentioned in the readme file.

Joe_90
31-07-23, 00:17

Just see @abu's post #6 regarding proper location for the file!

judge
31-07-23, 00:23
Just see @abu's post #6 regarding proper location for the file!

Yep, just where I've placed it. Works exactly as needed, thank you.

cactikid
31-07-23, 11:54
Was trying to think of what program to use " Teamviewer " to log into other persons laptop / pc to get entry into the box to fix it assuming they have it connected to internet and all from the comfort of your chair.

Huevos
01-08-23, 00:28

I also have a custom file for use with Sky bouquet (for those additional channels not on Freesat), but I actually prefer the channel numbering on Freesat.If making a combined bouquet set Saorview not to create its own bouquet.

bmitie
11-09-23, 14:16
Out of interest how do I setup my own custom mix file from scratch?

dsayers
11-09-23, 15:11
Out of interest how do I setup my own custom mix file from scratch?

Have a look here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47016-ABM-Hacks-Examples

judge
29-12-23, 02:09
Back home over Christmas & this CustomMix has been running perfect over the last 5 months.
Anyone know if there's a hack way to add SKY IE FTA & SKY UK FTA too?

Saorview
FreeSat UK
SKY IE FTA
Sky UK FTA
All in the one bouquet that stays up to date on a scheduled download?

abu baniaz
29-12-23, 02:27
Have you considered a favourite.xml file? You can add whatever channel you from the 4 providers you mention want into any position. Once you do the initial work, the only maintenance you will have to do is if the official channel numbers change or you want to shuffle them around.

judge
29-12-23, 03:22
Yep Abu, use a favourites like the excellent one you provided above in my own home, not in my mams house as I'm never sure when I'll be up to update it when channel numbers change.
The CustomMix by Joe_90 works perfectly for automated updates using both Saorview & FreeSat UK.
Would also like to add SKY IE FTA & Sky UK FTA for some of the channels that sat_282_freesat_CustomMix.xml doesn't pick up like SKY Arts and some others now that are out of date by using a source="xxx"

abu baniaz
29-12-23, 13:24
With Joe's mix file, you have only inserted 30 channels, so you can add another 70. As an example: add into Freesat position 31, from the provider sky UK, and channel you are sourcing "130"

<insert provider="sat_282_sky_uk" source="130" target="31"></insert>

Best to run SKY in FTA mode and see which channel numbers you want to have and then add to the mix file you are uisng. I don't think there are any FTA channels on Sky IE that are not on Sky UK. But you will still have the issue of channel numbers changing. I am sure you can host the file on a website and write a script to fetch the file like we do with abm custom mix importer. We can add it to the ABM mix importer too if you want.

Huevos
29-12-23, 18:40
Why not add channels by CHID. That way they will always be picked up unless they are removed.

judge
30-12-23, 02:34
Thanks Huevos, any thread/post you can point me to in using CHID from different providers in an ABM custom file?

dsayers
30-12-23, 02:46
Thanks Huevos, any thread/post you can point me to in using CHID from different providers in an ABM custom file?

Like this although I'm not sure if it's py3 compatible

channels_to_add_by_id = {
1701: 855, # Sky Sports Main Event HD
4035: 409, # Sky Sports News HD
}
# Add channels by ID
for service in sorted(customised["video"].keys()):
if "channel_id" in customised["video"][service] and customised["video"][service]["channel_id"] in channels_to_add_by_id:
customised["video"][channels_to_add_by_id[customised["video"][service]["channel_id"]]] = customised["video"][service]
del customised["video"][service]

judge
30-12-23, 03:43
Don't want to use any source="xxx" because they get outdated.
Huevos suggestion by CHID sounds a lot better, just not sure if/how it can be done to include multiple providers in ABM?

dsayers
30-12-23, 04:40
Don't want to use any source="xxx" because they get outdated.
Huevos suggestion by CHID sounds a lot better, just not sure if/how it can be done to include multiple providers in ABM?

The above is for add by channel ID the number is the channel you want to place it to