PDA

View Full Version : [TIVIAR-ALPHA+] Channel 4 SD missing from All Channels list and no signal on HD channel

Skytribe
29-07-23, 12:41
I am having difficulty receiving channel 4. When ABM scans it makes an all channel list that only includes the HD version that doesn't seem to have a signal. If I manually scan the channel 4 SD transponder I can then see it in last scanned. Is there away of adding this back into the all channel list?

Huevos
29-07-23, 18:39
Where are you located?

Joe_90
30-07-23, 00:19
I am having difficulty receiving channel 4. When ABM scans it makes an all channel list that only includes the HD version that doesn't seem to have a signal. If I manually scan the channel 4 SD transponder I can then see it in last scanned. Is there away of adding this back into the all channel list?

As @Huevos wrote - you need to identify where you are and what you have set in ABM. I'm assuming when you refer to "transponder" that you are connected to a satellite dish (probably 28.2E). You need to specify what Sky or Freesat region you have set in ABM. I have no issues with CH4HD or SD signals at 6W using an 80cm dish.

Skytribe
30-07-23, 10:42
As @Huevos wrote - you need to identify where you are and what you have set in ABM. I'm assuming when you refer to "transponder" that you are connected to a satellite dish (probably 28.2E). You need to specify what Sky or Freesat region you have set in ABM. I have no issues with CH4HD or SD signals at 6W using an 80cm dish.

Hiya I am in the SE France and have set the ABM to use Freesat for SW UK. I understand that the signal for the Channel 4 HD in the standard setup it quite weak so was just hoping to use the SD channel for now. I found I could add the channels via the web interface so I am fine for now, although yes I do at some point need to sort the underlying problem of not having enough signal strength for C4 HD on Freest.

cactikid
30-07-23, 11:16
Might it be dish size related to its footprint for channels.

Skytribe
30-07-23, 12:11
Might it be dish size related to its footprint for channels.

Hiya yes, I understand that the HD channel signal is down to my dish size / fine positioning, but I can't easily change that at the moment, so as the SD channels are currently still working, was looking at away of adding them to the "all channels' bouquet created by ABM, I found you can do this in the Bouquet editor on the web interface so all sorted for now. But aware I am just kicking the can of signal strength problem down the road.

If anyone can recommend a 1.3m dish with good fine positioning controls then would love to hear about them. Our old sat internet dish had screws to fine tune the vertical and horizontal position that worked really well.

abu baniaz
30-07-23, 14:17
Channel 4 HD is available on following transponders. Can you receive any of them?
12363 MHz, Vertical, 27500
12168 MHz, Vertical, 27500
12227 MHz, Horizontal, 27500
11127 MHz, Vertical, 22000

Huevos
30-07-23, 17:39
Ok, so using satfinder see if you can receive the transponder on 11127.