PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

Alec
26-07-23, 13:30
Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2

Hi, I'm thinking of changing a VU+ Duo2 with 2 sat tuners, that drives a 1-metre dish by a Vee box.
What are sizes for this box, especially when the HD is sticking out at the back? And are there any serious issues with it.

Huevos
26-07-23, 16:19
The HDD is 2.5" internal. Not sure what you mean about sticking out the back.

Alec
26-07-23, 17:58
It said that the HD in the Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 is at the back sticking out.

Zgemma H7S 4K UH VERSION V2 WITH REAR HDD SLOT

cactikid
26-07-23, 19:26
Many users have the first addition with internal hdd , later ones have rear entry.

urie
26-07-23, 21:11
Zgemma H7S 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2

Hi, I'm thinking of changing a VU+ Duo2 with 2 sat tuners, that drives a 1-metre dish by a Vee box.
What are sizes for this box, especially when the HD is sticking out at the back? And are there any serious issues with it.

Why would there be any issues just because new model has hd accessible, just slot drive in initialise it and all done.
rather than opening up unit messing about with cables and even messing up warranty if done wrong.

Alec
27-07-23, 13:38
Why would there be any issues just because new model has hd accessible, just slot drive in initialise it and all done.
rather than opening up unit messing about with cables and even messing up warranty if done wrong.

In my long experience, box's have had some issues, and I am not talking about the HD sticking out at the back, but I am amazed that no one puts the measurements of this box, because something sticking out will obviously add to the space needed.
Although I have at last from another source found the sizes. I would have preferred the HD fully inside the box, because it is usually pretty straight forward to install it.

ronand
27-07-23, 13:53
A hard drive sticking out maybe a centimeter at the back wont make any difference as there are other cables such as HDMI and antenna cables to be connected and they wont be flat against the back of the box. The H7S doesnt have any known issues - I've been running one for nearly 3 years.

cactikid
27-07-23, 16:56
A hard drive sticking out maybe a centimeter at the back wont make any difference as there are other cables such as HDMI and antenna cables to be connected and they wont be flat against the back of the box. The H7S doesnt have any known issues - I've been running one for nearly 3 years.

So your box never locked up and had to be powered off at rear as time clock stopped?

adm
27-07-23, 18:41
So your box never locked up and had to be powered off at rear as time clock stopped?

Do the boxes have a real time clock? I was under the impression that the time was from the transponder or internet.

Huevos
27-07-23, 19:09
Some do, some don't. Either way ntp corrects the clock on boot before enigma starts if a network connection is available.

cactikid
27-07-23, 20:50
My box on standby shows a clock and is hard wired and just using Saorview at the moment.

I thought when i was on a sat channel it showed channel number as Saorview only shows the time on front panel.

Huevos
28-07-23, 08:49
My box on standby shows a clock and is hard wired and just using Saorview at the moment.

I thought when i was on a sat channel it showed channel number as Saorview only shows the time on front panel.Is that related to this thread? It should show the same info for satellite and terrestrial.

cactikid
28-07-23, 11:41
Is that related to this thread? It should show the same info for satellite and terrestrial.

Yes i thought it was related to issues on H7S , when i said time clock stopped , i should have said frozen and non responsive to remote.

Huevos
28-07-23, 14:47
Yes i thought it was related to issues on H7S , when i said time clock stopped , i should have said frozen and non responsive to remote.

Sounds like a memory leak. You should look what plugins, etc, you have loaded.

cactikid
29-07-23, 19:30
Sounds like a memory leak. You should look what plugins, etc, you have loaded.

This is whats on box
Dam i forgot about user installed ones that need to be removed.

Cant add 2nd screenshot
Epg translator
Softcam Oscam latest
Vhannibal quad settings
removed now.

Alec
01-08-23, 18:15
Receive the box today from World of Sat, and so far so good, and it is fast. The SSD sticks out at the back, just under 50 mm, and one of the USB needed to be at the front, I'm waiting for USB male to female cable. The 1 TB SSD from Amazon seems so far an excellent buy for £34 if it lasts a few years. I'm still needing more time to set it up to my liking.