PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Softam start and stop - How To add a new version

bmitie
22-07-23, 12:58
I have added an OS cam version using an IPK method and in the end added a few versions. When I go to softcam manager to stop and start cams it wont allow me to stop the cam!! With the old method pressing OK started it if not running and pressing OK stopped it when running.

The other cams were downloaded from feeds.

I know I have softcam script but not a clue what that does so its off.

Finally , at the moment I have 2 CAMS cam running and cant turn it off or on it just stays as active.

Hope I explained it correctly.

I can see cam via WEBIF

bmitie
22-07-23, 13:31
just to add a bit to the above I stopped one cam via webif but there is a working cam running that does not show up on WEBIF or even if I input box ip and a conf port number.

bellejt
22-07-23, 13:39
use FTP to delete not necessairy cams in etc/softcam. Copy working softcam to that directory and change to 755.Start via softcam manager from image. And maybe set start on

twol
22-07-23, 17:09
I have added an OS cam version using an IPK method and in the end added a few versions. When I go to softcam manager to stop and start cams it wont allow me to stop the cam!! With the old method pressing OK started it if not running and pressing OK stopped it when running.

The other cams were downloaded from feeds.

I know I have softcam script but not a clue what that does so its off.

Finally , at the moment I have 2 CAMS cam running and cant turn it off or on it just stays as active.

Hope I explained it correctly.

I can see cam via WEBIF
So if you are using softcamManager then Green button will stop the cam if its running, blue button will enable from boot.
When you download the oscam version from the feeds then depending on which version a config is setup in /etc/tuxbox/config named after the oscam version e.g. oscam-latest
So install the required files in the oscam folder e.g. oscam-latest and enable in Softcam script …its really very simple.

Huevos
22-07-23, 19:02
Yes, simple. If your oscam config files are correct it will start and work. If it doesn't start your config files are wrong

bmitie
23-07-23, 13:36
Thanks all. I ftp'd and deleted one cam and can now access the cam that works but...

No, read my query again. I installed this new cam using install local extension so its not from the feeds. At the moment the softcam screen has green as start and does not change. It did say start stop before I installed new cam. So I can start new cam using softcam manager but cant turn it off. I can now turn it off using webif. I still have the usual cams showing latest, stable, emu AND these still work as normal ie start and stop with OK button but they wont open AFN hence new version cam.

twol
23-07-23, 13:51
Thanks all. I ftp'd and deleted one cam and can now access the cam that works but...

No, read my query again. I installed this new cam using install local extension so its not from the feeds. At the moment the softcam screen has green as start and does not change. It did say start stop before I installed new cam. So I can start new cam using softcam manager but cant turn it off. I can now turn it off using webif. I still have the usual cams showing latest, stable, emu AND these still work as normal ie start and stop with OK button but they wont open AFN hence new version cam.
If its not from the feeds then the binary is probably not installed in the correct openvix location.

bmitie
23-07-23, 14:13
Bang on and I cant find it. I have 2 boxes and believe it or not I got AFN working with emu cam from feeds, trial and error, I may work backwards and move emu that works etc and then delete that other one. Where is camscript located?

twol
23-07-23, 16:00
Bang on and I cant find it. I have 2 boxes and believe it or not I got AFN working with emu cam from feeds, trial and error, I may work backwards and move emu that works etc and then delete that other one. Where is camscript located?

/etc/init.d

bmitie
23-07-23, 18:57
I cant find that cam I installed via extensions, can it be hidden by compiler? And where else could I look??

twol
23-07-23, 19:45
I cant find that cam I installed via extensions, can it be hidden by compiler? And where else could I look??

Well if you have the ipk, ,pull it apart and have a look where it installs.
.. or post it and I will do it tomorrow.

bmitie
23-07-23, 22:15
I would not know where to start. here it is.

And perhaps you can say how I do as you suggest.

twol
24-07-23, 10:59
Not sure why you want to install this softcam? In reality its always safer to install from the feeds.
Anyway, it would have been installed into usr/softcam (which is correct) with config files in /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam

dsayers
24-07-23, 13:37
I don't think that ipk sets up the sofcam script method just sofcam manager have a look at the postinst script. It could do with using the pli method in the script.

It could also be possibly causing similar issues to here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65935-Softcam-Manager-max-softcam-name-length

bmitie
24-07-23, 14:18
Success, I changed length of name for that new cam and it now appears as normal under softcam manager and... the green button is back to normal, ie stop start.

Thanks for help.