PDA

View Full Version : Openvix OpenVPN won't stay connected

mils24
18-07-23, 11:30
Hello All,

Help needed please. I hope this is in the right area, I couldn't see anything specific for OpenVPN questions.

I am having trouble with my OpenVPN connection remaining connected recently. It has been working fine for 12 months prior but for the last week or so it will not work.

I am using NordVPN as my client.

I have the 'openvpn' folder in /etc and within it is the relevant 'client.conf' and 'password.conf' files. When I go into OpenVPN within OpenVix GUI is shows Autostart - Enabled & Current Status - Stopped.

If I press green to start it it will show as Autostart - Enabled & Current Status - Running. However when I escape out of the screen and go back into it, it is reverted back to Autostart - Enabled & Current Status - Stopped.

I have tried changing the 'client.conf' file to a different server config from Nord. I have also tried both UDP and TCP protocols but both have the same outcome.

Currently running OpenVix 5.2.37 on a Vu+ Duo2.

Could it be something being blocked by my ISP? If I run Nord on my laptop it seems to be running and staying connected fine.

Ev0
18-07-23, 11:44
Nordvpn recently changed things.

You can no longer use the username and password to connect to the vpn, that you use to login to your account online.

You need to login to your account and generate a unique username and password now, which you can then use to connect to the vpn.

mils24
18-07-23, 12:25
Perfect, thank you!

Now working.

Mods, feel free to close this thread. :)

lincsat
18-07-23, 13:50
You can also look into Wireguard if your receiver supports it, some details in this thread - https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65067-Wireguard-on-enigma2

There is a link to a plugin on another forum at the bottom of post #3 and again on post #17