PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K SE] Automatic remounting of network mounts

vatovey
12-07-23, 14:57
Afternoon all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I have a few VU boxes dotted around the house, all of which have a number of network mount(s) configured for my local media server, is working mostly perfectly, I can connect, play, browse the various shares with no issue.

I do notice that the boxes which are powered on 24/7 in normal or stand-by mode, after a while the network mounts seem to drop-off.

I normally just use the mount again option to re-mount, which is fine.... but at the same time a bit of a pain.

Is there a way of scheduling an automatic re-mount at certain times of the day ?

Trial
13-07-23, 07:31
Hi,
a script started with cron should do. Is it really necessary? autofs should mount on demand.

Ralf

vatovey
15-07-23, 20:12
At present, the mount type is set as FSTAB, and all works fine.

If I change it to autofs, the share won't mount correctly - it's seemingly listed, but I am unable to view any of the content, and an error message appears on screen saying nothing is listed.

I notice there is an auto remount option in network mounts, where you can specify a remount timescale in hours, will test this out.

cactikid
15-07-23, 20:20
Sometimes i have issues with mounts and have samba and nfs running as samba fails and mount is useable again.