PDA

View Full Version : Transpoder not picking op channels octagon sx 88

valparra
11-07-23, 14:40
Hi
I have tried to obain the BBC One NW HD channel located on fequency 10773 without sucess when doing a Automatic scan and Blind scan. When using AutoBouquet it install the channel sucessfully.
I have also tried using a manual scan without sucess. I have updated satellite.xml

Can some one advise

abu baniaz
11-07-23, 15:17
AutoBouquets 28.2 and AutoBouquetsMaker read the tables and add what is on the tables irrespective of whether you can receive those services or not. No benefit in using them when fault finding, it is actually counter productive.

1. Check signal finder and see if you have a lock on that transponder
2. Perform a manual scan of 28.2. How many services do you get? It should be over 850. If you get a lot less, there is an issue you need to look into. Check f-plugs, cabling, interference from Dect phone, LNB, skew, dish alignment.

valparra
11-07-23, 17:07
abu baniaz Thank you for your input it has given me some direction
When looking at signal finder it idicates
- Lock
snr: 100%
agc 77%

When l initially scaned there was 803 but need to check this again
I am going to check the connection looking for issues

abu baniaz
11-07-23, 17:41
Please ensure you check the relevant transponder. Use the left/right button to select it in signal finder. Most people check one transponder and assume that value for everything else. Ever since the BBC HD regional changes, this issue has popped up quite a bit for that transponder and the one with RB1 HD. I am pretty sure that the dish needs a slight nudge to the left, as you look at it from the front.

Feel free to post a screenshot of signal finder with that transponder selected.

Huevos
11-07-23, 21:35
abu baniaz Thank you for your input it has given me some direction
When looking at signal finder it idicates
- Lock
snr: 100%
agc 77%

When l initially scaned there was 803 but need to check this again
I am going to check the connection looking for issuesWhere are you? What is the dish size?