PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth config crashes GigaBlue UHD UE 4K

AndyDavidson
20-06-23, 12:15
GigaBlue UHD UE 4K
OpenViX 6.3.007 (2023-04-04)

Hi

I wanted to stream the audio from my GigaBlue box via bluetooth to my Google Home Nest speakers which are set up as a stereo pair.

I installed the Bluetooth Devices Manager plugin (enigma2-plugin-extensions-dtdevicesmanager) and rebooted.

At this point I had not added a Bluetooth transmitter/dongle.

When I return to the Plugins page, I see a brief warning:

Some plugins are not available:
SystemPlugins/BluetoothSetup (no module named '_gbbt')

When the list of plugins displays, I select Bluetooth Devices Manager and select the Config menu.
I enabled Autostart and Bluetooth Audio and saved the changes.

At this point, the Bluetooth manager starts scanning for devices and crashes.
The message displayed says there is a software problem and the receiver needs to be restarted, along with a request to send the log file to the OpenViX forum. Looks like there is a Python problem.

I have attached a log file as requested.

I have retried the config with a Bluetooth transmitter attached with the same result.

I also noticed that after each crash the Autostart and Bluetooth Audio config settings are returned to their default states (off).

Thanks

P.S. For anyone with Google Home Nest stereo pairs, I was able to transmit the audio from the TV itself to the speakers but the audio is out of sync with the TV. I saw posted on a Google Home Nest forum that these speakers only support SBC and do not support the aptX codecs that would help with audio sync problems.

AndyDavidson
20-06-23, 17:20
Hi

Update.

I just flashed the firmware to OpenViX 6.4.001 (2023-06-16) and the crash is still happening.

Thanks

Sicilian
27-06-23, 12:51
There's no compatible Bluetooth dongle & drivers installed, maybe why its crashing.