PDA

View Full Version : OpenViX 6.4 Released! Support/discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

Huevos
18-06-23, 18:35
Thread for questions about the new OpenViX version 6.4.

adm
18-06-23, 22:00
I've updated my Xtend 10K to V6.4 with no problems encountered

The same cannot be said for my Zgemma H9S
Before upgrading I backed up both the settings and the 6.3.007 image to a usb stick plugged into the back of the HS9 using the backup manager and image manager respectively.
I then downloaded V6.4 and upgraded

I got no option to restore settings or plugins.
On further investigation the USB stick is not mounted, nor will it mount with the mount manager. This is probably the reason I can no longer restore settings.

Unfortunately due to other commitments I 'll have to leave it in this state for a few days until I can have a play and set-up everything from scratch again. A five minute task has yet again turned into something much longer :(

Huevos
19-06-23, 00:46
Sounds like the USB device is faulty.

adm
19-06-23, 09:55
Sounds like the USB device is faulty.

Maybe, but it's a 128GB USB stick that's been permanently plugged in to this box since purchase. The box is used as a basic satellite receiver in a bedroom and not used for any recordings or timeshift. The box does not have any other USB device attached and prior to the upgrade the USB stick was fully working holding picons, epg data, a settings backup, image backup and was used as the download location for the 6.4 upgrade file prior to "flashing".

CRMS
19-06-23, 10:04
I read in the update "Some plugins may not be currently compatible with Python 3 or the OE-A 5.3 core".

The plugins I use are working fine with 6.3/3.10/5.2 versions. Startup to Standby, Crossepg, Movie Organisor and I've just installed VPS.

Huevos
19-06-23, 10:39
I read in the update "Some plugins may not be currently compatible with Python 3 or the OE-A 5.3 core".

The plugins I use are working fine with 6.3/3.10/5.2 versions. Startup to Standby, Crossepg, Movie Organisor and I've just installed VPS.That is referring to the transition from Python 2 to Python 3. Some plugins (fewer these days) are still Python 2. I have added the following to the release details: "If your plugins worked in any previous OpenViX 6.x series image they should be fine in this version".

JerryK132
19-06-23, 12:10
I too took the bait of a quick update before going to bed last night! Unfortunately, having lost an HDD previously I make my backups and recordings on a synology NAS. I keep Timeshift on an hdd so I use both types of storage. Of course after the flash, the nas is no longer accessible and after hours of trying I cannot convince Backups to search the nas instead of the local hdd. Nas is mounted but I cannot associate any shares with media/hdd. I remember this was not obvious to do when I originally set up the nas. Local hdd is mounted too (media/usb). Suggestions welcome...

goRt
19-06-23, 12:24
I too took the bait of a quick update before going to bed last night! Unfortunately, having lost an HDD previously I make my backups and recordings on a synology NAS. I keep Timeshift on an hdd so I use both types of storage. Of course after the flash, the nas is no longer accessible and after hours of trying I cannot convince Backups to search the nas instead of the local hdd. Nas is mounted but I cannot associate any shares with media/hdd. I remember this was not obvious to do when I originally set up the nas. Local hdd is mounted too (media/usb). Suggestions welcome...I copied my backup from Synology to a usb and restored from that without issue

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

nekrub2
19-06-23, 12:32
With my VU+ Solo2 I tried to flash from 6.3.003 to 6.4.001 using the image manager.
Every step to enter took ages (I have no other boxes on the network). When I was finally there and the flash started it had a timeout on backing up my plugins. In a way it continued to flash and rebooted. However it is still the old image and in the image manager I don't see the new one. I attach the debug log.

Do I have to do it the old way using the USB stick?

twol
19-06-23, 14:26
With my VU+ Solo2 I tried to flash from 6.3.003 to 6.4.001 using the image manager.
Every step to enter took ages (I have no other boxes on the network). When I was finally there and the flash started it had a timeout on backing up my plugins. In a way it continued to flash and rebooted. However it is still the old image and in the image manager I don't see the new one. I attach the debug log.

Do I have to do it the old way using the USB stick?

I am sure its the extensive search because you have NAS boxes attached... in ImageManager, Menu change "Extensive search" to No.

nekrub2
19-06-23, 15:54
Hi Twol

Cannot find your suggested caption. this is what I get

Automatic settings backup
Backup location
Backup prefix
Scheduled backups
Max image backups to keep
Login as an OpenVix developer
Homebuild URL

twol
19-06-23, 16:20
Must be after your current release

nekrub2
19-06-23, 16:59
So I'll try it the old way, using USB. Before I do a backup of the settings using backup manager.

spevs
19-06-23, 17:26
For Info, I've just updated from 6.3.007 to 6.4.001 on a Vu Uno4Kse, most settings and plugins were imported following reboot, apart from VPNManager & the Network Password, simply input Pword in Network settings connected to box and installed VPNManager via Putty, all now seems ok.

JerryK132
19-06-23, 18:09
I copied my backup from Synology to a usb and restored from that without issue

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Thanks GoRt!. What a good idea! Why didn't I think of that? I found an old external usb drive, plugged it into the nas, copied the last couple of backups via the nas and then plugged the drive into my stb. It found the backups and I loaded one. I answered all the questions about plugins, etc. Great relief when my favourite channel appeared after a restart!

But when I pressed EPG or menu, etc, the picture shrinks normally to the top left of the screen but the EPG/menu area are completely blank! Luckily I can still just about use the menu via the built-in mini-screen on the VU+ stb... Not sure how to proceed. Could reload the backup now that it's visible again? Or is it a plugin/python problem?

John57
20-06-23, 07:36
Morning All

With the new release of Open VIX 6.4 I thought I would check the status of my back up sat receiver (VU+Solo2 - running 6.007) to see if a new Image Manager update could be performed.

No luck, all attempts gave a message “Failed” even older versions were not possible from the Image Manager

Question is my current back up receiver still capable of a new update (technically wise) and if yes what options are available to me without loosing any of my current settings which are all backed up using backup manager.

USB Flash Option using a good and recognised USB stick (I am a Mac user but could get access to a PC)

Is there an option to download the latest software onto a USB stick and then with the use of FileZilla copy the latest software and place it in the correct portion of the operating system? And then activate the software from the receiver to perform a new update

Any help, tips or suggestions would be very welcome

Regards,
John

CRMS
20-06-23, 08:31
>Is there an option to download the latest software onto a USB stick .....

Here perhaps:

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-2/

John57
20-06-23, 09:03
Yes I have this option, I will give this a try once a get hold of a PC laptop tonight - many thanks. (Just hope my old VU+Solo2) is still able to update to this version as I have a VU+4K UNO SE which should work just fine as my main receiver

Thanks
John

tappari
20-06-23, 10:05
There seems to be some problem if formatting usb-disk with ViX 6.4 001. I had to use DiskGenius and with that Ext4 formatted disk is ok for VU+ box.

adm
20-06-23, 10:32
Maybe, but it's a 128GB USB stick that's been permanently plugged in to this box since purchase. The box is used as a basic satellite receiver in a bedroom and not used for any recordings or timeshift. The box does not have any other USB device attached and prior to the upgrade the USB stick was fully working holding picons, epg data, a settings backup, image backup and was used as the download location for the 6.4 upgrade file prior to "flashing".

I didn't spend too long fault finding but the stick continued to fail to mount until it was initialised (wiping all the data). It looks as though leaving the USB stick in whilst upgrading may have corrupted the contents, although I had no alternative to leave the USB stick in because it had the 6.4 download file on it. I used the image manager download method to upgrade and the same stick was used during the upgrade process for the auto backup.

I now have a different USB stick in the device an have set the box up from scratch. All now working on the Zgemma H9S

darog69
20-06-23, 11:45
Hello, I have a problem with the initialization of the TivuSat module, it is not possible to assign Caid 1884 to the tasks of the module

Huevos
20-06-23, 12:27
Hello, I have a problem with the initialization of the TivuSat module, it is not possible to assign Caid 1884 to the tasks of the moduleWhich TivuSat module? Have you added certificates for the module?

Huevos
20-06-23, 12:42
Morning All

With the new release of Open VIX 6.4 I thought I would check the status of my back up sat receiver (VU+Solo2 - running 6.007) to see if a new Image Manager update could be performed.

No luck, all attempts gave a message “Failed” even older versions were not possible from the Image Manager

Blue > Vix > Image Manager
Yellow to download an image
Select the image you want
Blue to flash the highlighted image

Question is my current back up receiver still capable of a new update (technically wise) and if yes what options are available to me without loosing any of my current settings which are all backed up using backup manager. Yes. Auto backup is enabled by default. Check in BackupManager menu that you have a storage device correctly configured for backups.

xdp73
20-06-23, 12:54
Openvpn not working with 6.4 using my providers configs. All versions of 6.3 work perfectly. Is there a bug in the firmware please?

darog69
20-06-23, 12:56
I do not know what Certificates are in question, in ATV 7.3, 7.4 the module initializes correctly :confused:
The menu is missing the option to assign tasks for the module, specifically Caid

John57
20-06-23, 13:18
Thanks Huevos,

I can see all the updates in the image Manager and do perform as you described above but each and every time is says "failed" thats why I thought to ask about trying to find a good and reliable USB stick and then try to flash from that / or if the options allows us to download the latest software from the forum onto a USB stick and then somehow transfer that directly to the receiver using FileZilla (if yes I would need to know the correct steps in order to proceed).

Regards,
John

Huevos
20-06-23, 14:09
Openvpn not working with 6.4 using my providers configs. All versions of 6.3 work perfectly. Is there a bug in the firmware please?
We haven't changed anything.

darog69
20-06-23, 19:13
Have you tested any modules as I don't think there is any ciplushelper? ;)

Huevos
20-06-23, 20:36
Have you tested any modules as I don't think there is any ciplushelper? ;)You need to supply your own certificates and put them in /etc/ciplus. This has always been the case.

twol
20-06-23, 21:00
Thanks Huevos,

I can see all the updates in the image Manager and do perform as you described above but each and every time is says "failed" thats why I thought to ask about trying to find a good and reliable USB stick and then try to flash from that / or if the options allows us to download the latest software from the forum onto a USB stick and then somehow transfer that directly to the receiver using FileZilla (if yes I would need to know the correct steps in order to proceed).

Regards,
John
You can download the zip file, then copy it to the imagebackups directory on your hdd and imagemanager should find it and be able to flash

darog69
20-06-23, 21:49
@Huevos what are you talking about, in others the image works immediately after assigning Caid, in others you need to install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-ciplushelper and it also works. Problems are only on OpenViX and OpenBh

Ev0
20-06-23, 23:09
Have you tested any modules as I don't think there is any ciplushelper? ;)

Try using google, it's amazing what you can find ;)

John57
21-06-23, 07:23
Many thanks Twol, for this tip as this is what what I was hoping to find.

Just a further update, I notice and see all the updated software versions in the Image Manager which I mentioned in my message but I also notice that when I go to the main menu that when I go into "About Info" and apply the update button it states there are some "packages to download, should I give this option a try or just ignore it and proceed with your suggestion?

Regards,
John

darog69
21-06-23, 07:44
@Evo If you want to use Google search, I also have the plugins I wrote about, but unfortunately they do not work on OpenVix. Your answers don't add anything to my problem. Please confirm the operation of any Ci Plus module on the ViX image

twol
21-06-23, 07:44
Many thanks Twol, for this tip as this is what what I was hoping to find.

Just a further update, I notice and see all the updated software versions in the Image Manager which I mentioned in my message but I also notice that when I go to the main menu that when I go into "About Info" and apply the update button it states there are some "packages to download, should I give this option a try or just ignore it and proceed with your suggestion?

Regards,
John
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=534084
ignore and flash!

twol
21-06-23, 07:46
@Huevos what are you talking about, in others the image works immediately after assigning Caid, in others you need to install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-ciplushelper and it also works. Problems are only on OpenViX and OpenBh

Others mess with their image to incorporate files - ciplus module works fine on my boxes.

Huevos
21-06-23, 07:57
@Huevos what are you talking about, in others the image works immediately after assigning Caid, in others you need to install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-ciplushelper and it also works. Problems are only on OpenViX and OpenBhNo ciplusshelper plugin needed in OpenViX. You just need to install the certificates We don't supply certificates. If you want to use ci+ you need to install them yourself.

JerryK132
21-06-23, 13:08
...But when I pressed EPG or menu, etc, the picture shrinks normally to the top left of the screen but the EPG/menu area are completely blank! Luckily I can still just about use the menu via the built-in mini-screen on the VU+ stb... Not sure how to proceed. Could reload the backup now that it's visible again? Or is it a plugin/python problem?

I'm still stuck with no display of menus, epgs, radio background. Searched webif for relevant settings with no luck. 6.4 001 is current ver. I even restored from a slightly earlier Backup file. Same result.

No new Backups available although webif confirms epgs are all in the box. It seems that the picture in picture mode works, but the menus etc are not being mapped to the rest of the screen. Could skins be missing? or some other layout control?

It was fine before the upgrade! Anyone have any suggestions?

twol
21-06-23, 14:36
I'm still stuck with no display of menus, epgs, radio background. Searched webif for relevant settings with no luck. 6.4 001 is current ver. I even restored from a slightly earlier Backup file. Same result.

No new Backups available although webif confirms epgs are all in the box. It seems that the picture in picture mode works, but the menus etc are not being mapped to the rest of the screen. Could skins be missing? or some other layout control?

It was fine before the upgrade! Anyone have any suggestions?
Something in your settings backup causing an issue.
So if you know your tuner setup , flash the box without restoring settings and setup tuners.
Then if you need anything from the settings backup, extract to a PC and copy across.

I would select multiboot in the setup, so that in future you can always retain working image and flash new image to another slot (multiboot allows multiple image slots).

darog69
21-06-23, 16:44
@Huevos can you provide the command to install, or the name of the required package?

twol
21-06-23, 17:14
@Huevos can you provide the command to install, or the name of the required package?
So Yes, we have tested and it works with our Ci+ modules
So there is a cihelper for OpenViX/Openbh posted on one of the general E2 sites....which should fix your issue.
Which box are you using as I either i have forgotten or not seen.

darog69
21-06-23, 18:49
I have VuUltimo4k, Solo4k, AX51

Huevos
21-06-23, 20:10
Do a search for "145052-ciplushelper-plugin" and the ipk is on the second page.

JerryK132
21-06-23, 23:35
Something in your settings backup causing an issue.
So if you know your tuner setup , flash the box without restoring settings and setup tuners.
Then if you need anything from the settings backup, extract to a PC and copy across.

I would select multiboot in the setup, so that in future you can always retain working image and flash new image to another slot (multiboot allows multiple image slots).

Thanks. I have a complex set of French (terrestrial) bouquets which took me a long time to set up, so I'm not keen to abandon my settings just yet. I've done some more investigating and I think the problem relates to the way I have set up my nas access. Weirdly though, the display is fine if I watch it via webif using the virtual remote. Just the real video output is wrong.

I am finding it very hard to successfully set up the nas access and I think this may have affected the settings restore. Soi I think I should fix that first.I've had a look at the manual (vix v1.1) which is rather out of date but also mainly gives examples rather than explaining how to use certain features. I was running my nas as media/hdd and the physical disk was media/usb. I've been trying to do this again without activating the connections. I've tried CIFS and NFS - which should I use? What does the "Use as HDD" command do in the various mount/mountpoint menus? in the manual it's always set to no. What is the procedure for setting up a nas as the media/hdd/movie (I also used to store backups and images there in the relevant subfolders) and how does one choose the share names? The system seems to override them when trying to activate the mounts...

Any further help gratefully received...

JerryK132
22-06-23, 13:16
I'm still trying to get the new release to talk to my nas box. After a number of attempts to set up the relevant mount points the connection has been made but the system says I must reformat my nas. This seems to apply to both a CIFS and an NFS connection. Maybe I have used a wrong parameter... The really good news is that after the many restarts required to get that far, the menus, EPGs, etc have returned to my TV screen. So the initial problem has been resolved but data cannot be saved to or read from the nas.

Any guidance on setting up the mount points correctly, and the relevance of CIFS/NFS still needed. And details of what "Use as HDD" exactly does. It also seems strange that I can edit mount points via many different routes in the menu system and yet I can see two distinct versions of the relevant mount points, depending on how in the menu I get there.

twol
22-06-23, 14:43
I'm still trying to get the new release to talk to my nas box. After a number of attempts to set up the relevant mount points the connection has been made but the system says I must reformat my nas. This seems to apply to both a CIFS and an NFS connection. Maybe I have used a wrong parameter... The really good news is that after the many restarts required to get that far, the menus, EPGs, etc have returned to my TV screen. So the initial problem has been resolved but data cannot be saved to or read from the nas.

Any guidance on setting up the mount points correctly, and the relevance of CIFS/NFS still needed. And details of what "Use as HDD" exactly does. It also seems strange that I can edit mount points via many different routes in the menu system and yet I can see two distinct versions of the relevant mount points, depending on how in the menu I get there.

Use as HDD, means exactly that use as the systems device for storing into E2 libraries such as logs etc I always use nfs mounts to my NAS (Synology)... but I only use for non system files.
Using it for backups and image libraries also means there will be delays in booting etc and in the ViX plugin utilities such as ImageManager unless you set menu options to only check in local files.

birdman
22-06-23, 17:12
...but the system says I must reformat my nas.I suspect it says you should reformat the file system, which isn't quite the same thing.
Some actions require certain capabilities in the file system (making hard links is one). The test seem to be done by file-system type (rather than by actually trying to achieve the requirement) and it's possible that the list of OK file-systems is incomplete.

vatovey
23-06-23, 17:10
VU Solo 4K

Have completed a clean upgrade from v6.3 to v6.4, for the most part working ok, unfortunately - cannot get the internal SSD to reformat though, getting an error message at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry

The SSD is fine, and was working fine in v6.3 and all previous versions of Openvix.

twol
23-06-23, 18:22
VU Solo 4K

Have completed a clean upgrade from v6.3 to v6.4, for the most part working ok, unfortunately - cannot get the internal SSD to reformat though, getting an error message at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry

The SSD is fine, and was working fine in v6.3 and all previous versions of Openvix.
Post debug log….

John57
24-06-23, 13:25
Twol, it worked perfectly - thank you.

pstp
24-06-23, 14:44
Have completed a clean upgrade from v6.3 to v6.4, for the most part working ok, unfortunately - cannot get the internal SSD to reformat though, getting an error message at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed
Hi, I have the same problem, what is the solution to this problem?

bellejt
24-06-23, 15:00
not upgrading because format from SSD looses all recordings :) .Seems major problem

vatovey
24-06-23, 17:01
Hi Twol,

See attached/linked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oisv6zlqg5equ44/Enigma2_debug_2023-06-24_00-39-57.log?dl=0

twol
24-06-23, 18:58
not upgrading because format from SSD looses all recordings :) .Seems major problem

Why format? …..I have an ssd in my Vu+ upgrades no issue

twol
24-06-23, 19:12
Hi Twol,

See attached/linked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oisv6zlqg5equ44/Enigma2_debug_2023-06-24_00-39-57.log?dl=0
So format completed OK, but then has issues onhotplug reconnecti
The log shows sda1 as a Corsair Force 3 which is an old ssd which had terrible reliabiluty issues and a company recall.
Is this the same drive ?

vatovey
24-06-23, 21:37
I believe it is the Corsair Force 3, up until v6.4 it formatted and mounted fine in every other version of Openvix.

I've found a firmware update for it, will apply and retry.

I'll try upgrading my Duo 4K SE and Solo2 in the coming days.

vatovey
25-06-23, 16:57
Update : Updated SSD firmware from v1.3.3 to v5.05

Unfortunately, didn't make any difference, still getting the same error at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed

Hopefully this will be fixed in new Vix releases in the future.

tappari
25-06-23, 17:15

Unfortunately, didn't make any difference, still getting the same error at 99% : initializing storage device... Error: Timeout elapsed

I had the same problem with Samsung 2TB and Seagate 8TB usb-drives. Timeout elapsed. I formatted those with my Windows laptop and DiskGenius software as Ext4. After that no problem with VU+ Duo4K SE to mount them as hdd2 and hdd3.

twol
26-06-23, 09:31

So where are you getting the 99% from??

The log you posted clearly shows that format completes correctly and the system waits for it to be mounted. The Harddisk routines then successfully finds the device, and issues a hdparm command to stop spin down ........ the issue I guess is that this is an SSD and its ignoring the hdparm command so the Initialise Job is not being told everything is completed and it times out after 20 seconds.

So the SSD should be absolutely fine on reboot - the log shows its initialised.

birdman
26-06-23, 10:16
So the SSD should be absolutely fine on reboot - the log shows its initialised.But you shouldn't need to read the log to determine that.

btw, why was it reformatted in the first place?

twol
26-06-23, 11:23
But you shouldn't need to read the log to determine that.

btw, why was it reformatted in the first place?

.......unfortunately its a "job" and as such its all strung together -- gladly welcome you rewriting the code .. jobs are a pain.

... and Yes, I would like to know as well.

birdman
26-06-23, 17:11
.......unfortunately its a "job" and as such its all strung together -- gladly welcome you rewriting the code .. jobs are a pain.No idea what this job is (I though this was just an upgrade), by why not just remake the file-system rather than reformatting the disk?

Huevos
26-06-23, 20:45
I don't get it. Why are you initialising the SSD if it was already working in a previous version?

vatovey
27-06-23, 12:49
99% is the progress indicator on-screen.

I always reformat when I do a clean install when upgrading from a new version, i.e: v6.3 to v6.4

I know I don't need to, but I do it anyways. Up until v6.4 a reformat was successful everytime.

I'll have to check to see if the box mounts the SSD after a reboot, I don't think it does... but I could be wrong, will feedback test results.

darog69
28-06-23, 12:14
Hello, why doesn't the Ustym4k Pro tuner have ViX support?

pstp
28-06-23, 21:21
Hi, even if I don't initialise the SSD, the disk doesn't work, something is wrong, I have VU+ ULTIMO4K VU+ UNO4K SE
VU+ SOLO 2.
Same result.

twol
29-06-23, 07:36
Hi, even if I don't initialise the SSD, the disk doesn't work, something is wrong, I have VU+ ULTIMO4K VU+ UNO4K SE
VU+ SOLO 2.
Same result.

Try initialising on a PC and see if that works OK.

vatovey
29-06-23, 12:54
Found a solution to my issue which has resolved the problem.

I removed the SSD from my VU Solo 4k which has v6.4 installed, I then installed the SSD into my VU Duo 4k SE which has the last revision of v6.3 installed, initialised the SSD with no issues whatsoever.

I then fitted the SSD back into Solo 4k, booted up and everything is now working as would be expected, am able to record tv, copy picons onto the SSD etc..

Am about to upgrade my Duo 4k SE to v6.4, hopefully no such issues.

Update - Have upgraded my Duo 4K SE to v6.4, and it will also not complete the SSD (Intergral V Series 250gb SSD) initialisation procedure, failing at 99% with the same timeout error message as my Solo 4k

@erCocco
29-06-23, 18:03
For logistical reasons and for reasons related to the fact that I can't do an upgrade of some of my scripts created in python2, I wanted to know if it is possible to install python2 on this version, leaving version3 but also installing 2 so that I launch my scripts for example with the command python2 etc etc... I can't find an ipk that can install it, could you kindly tell me where I could find it?

Huevos
29-06-23, 22:07
VU Solo 4K

Confirmed. This problem is limited to initialising a disk. Any disk already being used will not be affected.

This problem will be fixed for the next release... or if you want to test the updated code beforehand you can download it from github with the following command...

wget -O /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Harddisk.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenViX/enigma2/8d412a82397c4792b3c85ae5378306f1bc1bb18a/lib/python/Components/Harddisk.py && reboot

radicaldoc
01-07-23, 16:52
i have just installed 6.4 on my solo 4k. when i try to access it with Filezilla it wont let me in i use user root no password.
has something changed??
it says 530 login error..
sorted i changed password with passwd now all good

nekrub2
01-07-23, 17:22
unless you have modified it the default password is dreambox
A password is mandatory for quite a long time. You can set it on your box >> setup >> network >> password

Joe_90
01-07-23, 17:29
@nekrub2 - the poster has fixed the issue using passwd. There is no default password "dreambox" - you need to set one using the menu as you have indicated (or using passwd with telnet).

radicaldoc
01-07-23, 18:46
thanks changed it now to my own,, cheers

radicaldoc
01-07-23, 18:48
on VIX 6.4.. i thought i was all sorted but when i try to start "oscam-emu" i get an error saying

"no config files found please setup oscam first in /etc/tuxbox/config......

what have i done wrong???

what do i need in there??
anyone know it's for 27.5w all i am stuck on hopefully

Huevos
01-07-23, 20:08
on VIX 6.4.. i thought i was all sorted but when i try to start "oscam-emu" i get an error saying

"no config files found please setup oscam first in /etc/tuxbox/config......

what have i done wrong???

what do i need in there??
anyone know it's for 27.5w all i am stuck on hopefully

You need to add config files for oscam. Didn't you save a backup from your previous image.

radicaldoc
01-07-23, 21:56
i do have it on my other box using oscam-ymod i think which is working well but on a old solo 2 box. i also have these but am unsure where they go.
what file am i looking for oscam script??
i looked on my old box and found this oscam.conf is this what i am looking for? if so where will it go same place? my other box is on openspa which i want to change to VIX as well

twol
02-07-23, 11:07
Post#75 shows location for files.
Ot sure which sats you are trying to access or why you are using oscam-y
For 27.5W which Oscam depends on setup .. if using softcam.key use oscam- emu else normal latest will be fine

radicaldoc
02-07-23, 12:41
this box is just for bbc 27.5w...for the time being..
the installation info says this which is where i am stuck i did that and nothing still..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oscam-ymod

download the oscam-ymod ipk for vix or blackhole below
put ipk file on a usb stick plug it in to your box
it will then prompt to install it

vix ipk has no camscripts
download them below and ftp both folders to /usr
attributes 755 all files
------------------------------------------------------
the folders he refers to are
camscript with Ncam_oscam.sh in it
and
script with oscam.sh in it.
but as i said after this nothing still this is where i am stuck..this is the 4th time i have started with a clean install.

by the way i am using filezilla to do all tranfers of files..if it makes any difference

radicaldoc
02-07-23, 12:46
although another weird thing that is happening with 6.4 is twice when i have shut down and gone back all the channels i have saved in favourites and in last scanned have disapeared??
and even if i go back to the saved backup it still has no channels......
is this a problem with 6.4 and should i try 6.3???

twol
02-07-23, 14:01
this box is just for bbc 27.5w...for the time being..
the installation info says this which is where i am stuck i did that and nothing still..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oscam-ymod

download the oscam-ymod ipk for vix or blackhole below
put ipk file on a usb stick plug it in to your box
it will then prompt to install it

vix ipk has no camscripts
download them below and ftp both folders to /usr
attributes 755 all files
------------------------------------------------------
the folders he refers to are
camscript with Ncam_oscam.sh in it
and
script with oscam.sh in it.
but as i said after this nothing still this is where i am stuck..this is the 4th time i have started with a clean install.

by the way i am using filezilla to do all tranfers of files..if it makes any difference

Thats a load of ##### …..both OpenViX & OpenBh have scripts and you can start the scripts from setup……
where you have got this rubbish from?

download the correct oscam from plugins and the scripts will automatically be installed.
You do not need oscam-y (where have you got that from?)
… and yes I run 27.5 so know what I am talking about

twol
02-07-23, 14:09
although another weird thing that is happening with 6.4 is twice when i have shut down and gone back all the channels i have saved in favourites and in last scanned have disapeared??
and even if i go back to the saved backup it still has no channels......
is this a problem with 6.4 and should i try 6.3???

No! Lets sort out what you are trying to do first.
what channels are you trying to setup … for 27.5W? Before you have it working ?

radicaldoc
02-07-23, 14:57
i am setting up all bbc itv,channel,channel5 etc.

Ok i downloaded oscam-emu looked into etc7tuxbox/config ..oscam-emu folder there with files and others outside..so i went to setup/softcam script. and enabled oscam-emu script. nothing so went to softcam manager started oscam-emu it says softcam script running..but still nothing!!
what am i missing??
thanks

I also downloaded oscam_11719-r798 latest version.. in case it needs to be normal oscam

i took a look at the log file (i don't know what i am looking at here but what i did see was
key file not found in /etc/tuxbox/config
and
key file not found in /var/keys

what keys should be in those??

twol
02-07-23, 16:06
to me it sounds like you have followed the advice of someone and that has screwed up things.
If you install the oscam from plugins, it install scripts which can be started via setup softcam script.
You then have to setup the correct configs e.g for oscam-latest --- I have sent you a PM ... please read!

I am assumming that you have installed the modified lamedb

radicaldoc
02-07-23, 21:05
where do i get the modified Lamedb??

@erCocco
02-07-23, 21:59
I understand that I am not very active on this forum and possibly don't get picked up for that reason, but to be honest I have never had much trouble with this image in the past.

However for personal reasons I could not help but leave my version at 5.3,
I know it would be absurd for an enthusiast,
but unfortunately personal issues have left me away from this hobby for a long time.

But anyway I would like to reiterate my request: I have written some personal scripts that have always worked in the past in python2,
with much surprise I see that you have switched to version3.

My question is:
is it possible to install version2 on this image and possibly run my scripts with python2 etc etc...
in theory on a linux machine it would be possible, so I don't see why it shouldn't be possible on an enigma2.

I remain hopeful in anticipation of your response and apologize to prior if I possibly went off topic

lme
03-07-23, 04:59
latest version:
after online update, my box shows 6.4.002

..but the download section still shows 6.4.001
????

twol
03-07-23, 07:28
I understand that I am not very active on this forum and possibly don't get picked up for that reason, but to be honest I have never had much trouble with this image in the past.

However for personal reasons I could not help but leave my version at 5.3,
I know it would be absurd for an enthusiast,
but unfortunately personal issues have left me away from this hobby for a long time.

But anyway I would like to reiterate my request: I have written some personal scripts that have always worked in the past in python2,
with much surprise I see that you have switched to version3.

My question is:
is it possible to install version2 on this image and possibly run my scripts with python2 etc etc...
in theory on a linux machine it would be possible, so I don't see why it shouldn't be possible on an enigma2.

I remain hopeful in anticipation of your response and apologize to prior if I possibly went off topic
I am not a script person, but depending on what the do I would have expected to run on python3

@erCocco
03-07-23, 11:57
So thank you for your response.
Anyway my question I think is quite simple and it is in a nutshell:

is it possible to install on this image python2 even though in the root there is python3 so both of them?..

with my version, i.e. 5.3 or 5.4 I just need to replace the opkg folder in /etc/opkg and use the one in this image to install python3..

im a few words I would like to do the reverse, i.e. install python2 on this image and then run my scripts with the python2 command

twol
03-07-23, 12:21
So thank you for your response.
Anyway my question I think is quite simple and it is in a nutshell:

is it possible to install on this image python2 even though in the root there is python3 so both of them?..

with my version, i.e. 5.3 or 5.4 I just need to replace the opkg folder in /etc/opkg and use the one in this image to install python3..

im a few words I would like to do the reverse, i.e. install python2 on this image and then run my scripts with the python2 command
No its python 3 only - thats how the image is built. So what in your scripts that is python2 only?

Mickkie
03-07-23, 13:08
..but the download section still shows 6.4.001
????

I've noticed the same, both by checking the online Downloads section of the openvix.co.uk website and by navigating to the Downloads list of the Image Manager submenu, using the Openvix Setup menu. In both cases 6.4.001 is the latest available image.

@erCocco
03-07-23, 14:19
No its python 3 only - thats how the image is built. So what in your scripts that is python2 only?

I tried installing the 2to3 tool directly on the H9.2H decoder in the following way:

opkg install http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.4/h9/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/python3-2to3_3.11.2-r0_cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4.ipk

I try to do the conversion, then I put my script in a folder on the decoder, in my case I created the script folder under /usr and after that I run the command :
2to3 /usr/script/scriptDownload.py -w

it creates me a backup of the file with bak extension and then as expected it modifies the original py one. But nothing to do, as soon as I start it with the command : python /usr/script/scriptDownload.py it returns me a series of errors,

nekrub2
03-07-23, 14:52
I did it the old fashion way: Information > About yellow button update. And it worked perfectly well.When ever possible I will do it without image manager.

radicaldoc
03-07-23, 15:01
help... ok so box working all good from yesterday all BBC stuff working very well sound and vision. this afternoon i am going through buttons on remote to familiarise myself with what button does what till i hit dreaded teletex button which i couldn't get out of so i did a power off by back button. restarts and now no BBC etc sound and vision so i reflashed with backup image i made when i got it sorted exactly the same no sound or vision again................what happened ?? i have no idea anyone know???
i just went into cam's i was running on oscam-emu tried restarting but nothing .. i have oscam 11719-r798. on box as well so i swapped over to that and bingo working again. anyone understand why?

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 06:55
i have the Lamedb of your Huevos you posted. But as know very little about this how do create a Lamedb from it? do i just save it as a text file or some other way? and if i add a new sat to my solo 4k will it automatically be added to it or is there somewy you have to create it.. thanks

twol
04-07-23, 09:02
i have the Lamedb of your Huevos you posted. But as know very little about this how do create a Lamedb from it? do i just save it as a text file or some other way? and if i add a new sat to my solo 4k will it automatically be added to it or is there somewy you have to create it.. thanks

I am assuming that you are still currently using 27.5W only ... in which case rename the existing one in /etc/enigma2 before copying the lamedb to /etc/enigma2.
If you add another satellite in Tuner setup and then scan that satellllite, it will added to the existing lamedb.
Do not scan 27.5W

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 09:32
but how do i save it as not a text file? i have it in notepad ++ but what to save it as.....

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 10:04
when i check the properties it just says file?? not text and it doesn't show in explorer as text file..just Lamedb with no extension

twol
04-07-23, 10:17
when i check the properties it just says file?? not text and it doesn't show in explorer as text file..just Lamedb with no extension

it has no extension

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 10:54
well that didn`t work completly screwed the box lost everything saved channels everything having to do restore from saved img. so that isn`t a working lamedb then for 27.5.. oh and i am still having to restart oscam every time
maybe this isn't a lamedb for my box. although i thought they were for all types of box..
looks like i am back to looking for a fully working lamedb again
oh and i did tranfer useing init 4 and init 3.
can someone look at this and tell me if it is a working lamedb for 27,7w please

twol
04-07-23, 12:39
well that didn`t work completly screwed the box lost everything saved channels everything having to do restore from saved img. so that isn`t a working lamedb then for 27.5.. oh and i am still having to restart oscam every time
maybe this isn't a lamedb for my box. although i thought they were for all types of box..
looks like i am back to looking for a fully working lamedb again
oh and i did tranfer useing init 4 and init 3.
can someone look at this and tell me if it is a working lamedb for 27,7w please

Looks OK
Attached is a fully working lamedb for 27.5W, 19.2E, 28.2E
Rename the one currently in /etc/enigma2 and then copy unzipped to /etc/enigma2 with the appropiate init 4/init 3

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 13:12
Thank you very much i will try it...

thanks that appears to be working i wonder what is wrong with mine then??

thanks again for youre great deal of help

birdman
04-07-23, 14:09
can someone look at this and tell me if it is a working lamedb for 27,7w pleaseNo - it isn't.
That has DOS line endings. You'll need to remove them. Get notepad++ to save it as a Unix file (or whatever its option is called).

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 14:35
thanks do you mean unix script file??

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 14:39
thanks do you mean unix script file?? will doing that remove the dos line endings? just saving it...thanks

Joe_90
04-07-23, 14:40
@birdman - @twol fixed it in post #101.

@radicaldoc - beware use of notepad++ and also FileZilla when editing and transferring between PC and linux boxes. You need to ensure you are using Unix line endings in notepad++ and that FileZilla is not defaulting to MS-DOS line endings when transferring. It does default to DOS line endings for certain file extensions unless you override the configuration. I've been "burned" by this in .sh files even transferring between linux boxes.

radicaldoc
04-07-23, 18:17
ok thanks everyone the box is installed iin main room where it s now running 27.5w and 28.2e... all working ok except i still have the problem of if i have a power cut or switch box off oscam stops working i don't have this problem with any of my other box's anyone know i can stop this happening as we live out in the country side in the middle of andalucia and we do get power cut on a regular basis.. so if i am recording when it comes back on it won't carry on recording so i need to find out why this is happening.. thank you.
one other thing on 28.2e there is eurosport 1 and 2 is ther anyway i can watch these?'

birdman
04-07-23, 21:19
thanks do you mean unix script file?? will doing that remove the dos line endings? just saving it...thanksSorry - had to reboot to Windows see what notepad++did, then remembered I had to re-install it after a recent reset.

No, that won't do it. All that does is add a .bash suffix but leave it as a DOS file (a truly weird combination).

What you actually have to do is go to Edit->EOL Conversion and select Unix (LF). Then write it out as a "Normal text file" (it seems that the list of file types to write out is just a list of suffices to add).

twol
04-07-23, 21:41
ok thanks everyone the box is installed iin main room where it s now running 27.5w and 28.2e... all working ok except i still have the problem of if i have a power cut or switch box off oscam stops working i don't have this problem with any of my other box's anyone know i can stop this happening as we live out in the country side in the middle of andalucia and we do get power cut on a regular basis.. so if i am recording when it comes back on it won't carry on recording so i need to find out why this is happening.. thank you.
one other thing on 28.2e there is eurosport 1 and 2 is ther anyway i can watch these?'

So how are you starting oscam via softcammanager or softcam script?

radicaldoc
05-07-23, 06:22
when it doesn't start softcam manager.. but i just looked at script and there is a allow cam restart do i need to allow that? makes sense i suppose will that restart it for me after shut down??
thanks

twol
05-07-23, 08:37
when it doesn't start softcam manager.. but i just looked at script and there is a allow cam restart do i need to allow that? makes sense i suppose will that restart it for me after shut down??
thanks

So disble softcammanager and use softcamscript for the oscam you have installed and yes it shoukd start automtically

radicaldoc
05-07-23, 09:11
ok thanks will try that..will the same oscam work with my cline? for one of my sat's?

bellejt
05-07-23, 11:30
I use DCC for editing files directly on the box.Much easyer

Sicilian
06-07-23, 09:43
Image for the Octagon SX88v2 released today here: SX88v2 (openvix.co.uk) (https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/octagon-images/sx88v2/)

Huevos
06-07-23, 13:20
If you have a lamedb on the box and you want to add another one without affecting your current channels use lamedbmerger plugin, available from the feeds under extensions.

radicaldoc
06-07-23, 13:34
So disble softcammanager and use softcamscript for the oscam you have installed and yes it shoukd start automtically

well i have searched everywhere to find out how to disable softcsm manager and nothing go0gle comes up blank as well they say reinstall img??

Huevos
06-07-23, 14:09
my cline?C-lines are for CCcam... for OSCam you would need to reformat it... but we can't give and more info on that as it is against the forum rules.

spanner123
06-07-23, 14:41
well i have searched everywhere to find out how to disable softcsm manager and nothing go0gle comes up blank as well they say reinstall img??

You don't actually disable softcam manager, you just press the blue button select softcam manager then select oscam (make sure there is no tick by toggling blue button) then press green to stop. Then exit and start oscam using script method.

radicaldoc
06-07-23, 15:43
C-lines are for CCcam... for OSCam you would need to reformat it... but we can't give and more info on that as it is against the forum rules.

thanks yes i did that just need to find where to put it..thanks again

radicaldoc
06-07-23, 17:46
i just had something strange happen i was watching bbc and lost the picture i could get it on some but not all the only thing i could see different was a green flashing button on the right hand side of the info bar which i haven't seen before whats the flashing green button for anyone know??? thanks

Willo3092
06-07-23, 19:06
whats the flashing green button for anyone know??? thanks

Software update available.

radicaldoc
06-07-23, 19:20

Thanks done that we will see now next time..thanks again.

bellejt
07-07-23, 11:27
update available ?

xdp73
07-07-23, 14:06
I am using CyberGhost VPN on my VU Uno 4k SE and up to version 6.3 it has worked perfectly using my configuration for OpenVPN. However on installing 6.4.001 and later 6.4.002 neither of these will allow my VPN to connect. There is nothing in the log. What could have changed in the new firmware to prevent my VPN from working please? I have tried deleting OpenVPN and re-installing it from the new firmware but still remains red and stopped rather than green and running. Any help to get my VPN working again would be appreciated. For now I have reverted to 6.3.007 in order to use my VPN.

radicaldoc
08-07-23, 13:54
Software update available.

where on the box do you update??

radicaldoc
08-07-23, 13:58
Anyone have any idea why channel 4 isn't updating on EPG-Importer. i have tries it on various boxes etc???

twol
08-07-23, 14:59
Anyone have any idea why channel 4 isn't updating on EPG-Importer. i have tries it on various boxes etc???

Why do you think its not updating ….if its because ts not showing the u21 football thats because the epg is set once a day

dsayers
08-07-23, 15:02
where on the box do you update??

Menu, information, About press yellow button for software update

bellejt
08-07-23, 15:05
epg on differant english channels not working for weekly (pick also) .I do first crossepg and after that epgimporter and have full week for all channels

radicaldoc
08-07-23, 15:33
because when iupdate manually it does every channel except channel 4 .nothing on it after tonight

twol
08-07-23, 15:45
because when iupdate manually it does every channel except channel 4 .nothing on it after tonight

So just used crossepg and that has same result, so for some reason CH4 has not been updated after about 02.30…yet

radicaldoc
08-07-23, 15:46
So just used crossepg and that has same result, so for some reason CH4 has not been updated after about 02.30…yet

ok thanks not just me then...cheers

bellejt
08-07-23, 15:59
CH4 HD here full epg till 13/08

radicaldoc
08-07-23, 16:19
still same here tonight thats it

Huevos
08-07-23, 16:30

Are you talking about CH4 on 27.5W? If not your comment is not relevant.

bellejt
08-07-23, 16:39
where do you see 27.5W in the topic ? Then just remove my remark and I will not respond anymore in this topic.Question is called on other websites also without mentioning 27.5W

Huevos
09-07-23, 00:44
where do you see 27.5w in the topic ? Then just remove my remark and i will not respond anymore in this topic.question is called on other websites also without mentioning 27.5w

ok thanks everyone the box is installed iin main room where it s now running 27.5w
;) .

radicaldoc
09-07-23, 06:42

unfortunatly that didn't work still won't start after restart i checked again and in script i only have oscam-emu but in software manager i have oscam 11719-r798 and oscam-emu. it apears that it is oscam 11719-r798 that is working ok because when i move to that it works again how do i get oscam 11719-r798 in script?? to try that???
thanks

radicaldoc
09-07-23, 07:42

all back working now full channel 4 EPG.

dsayers
09-07-23, 19:19
unfortunatly that didn't work still won't start after restart i checked again and in script i only have oscam-emu but in software manager i have oscam 11719-r798 and oscam-emu. it apears that it is oscam 11719-r798 that is working ok because when i move to that it works again how do i get oscam 11719-r798 in script?? to try that???
thanks

When trying softcam script are you putting the configs in the oscam folder? etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu

Softcam manager uses etc/tuxbox/config/

Softcam script uses etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-xxx

Xxx is the sofcam name

If you wanted to use oscam 11719-r798 with script you could rename the binary in usr/sofcams

Rename oscam-emu to oscam-emu.bk and rename the oscam 11719-r798 file to oscam-emu then try the script option

Huevos
10-07-23, 20:36
Preferably use the cams from the feeds. Oscam-latest works fine. No need for emu.

radicaldoc
11-07-23, 09:13
When trying softcam script are you putting the configs in the oscam folder? etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu

Softcam manager uses etc/tuxbox/config/

Softcam script uses etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-xxx

Xxx is the sofcam name

If you wanted to use oscam 11719-r798 with script you could rename the binary in usr/sofcams

Rename oscam-emu to oscam-emu.bk and rename the oscam 11719-r798 file to oscam-emu then try the script option

Thanks for the info ..do i need to stop the box to alter the file names or just rename them??
one other question it is now set up and all working on 27.5w.. but i also have a cline converted to oscam that i would like to try on the other sat 28.2e..where do i put that file?

Huevos
11-07-23, 13:29
Thanks for the info ..do i need to stop the box to alter the file names or just rename them??
one other question it is now set up and all working on 27.5w.. but i also have a cline converted to oscam that i would like to try on the other sat 28.2e..where do i put that file?

I've already told you you are not supposed to talk about C-lines on the forum.

Basically, for 27.5W you should have an oscam.server that looks something like this:

[reader]
label=BISS
protocol=constcw
device=/etc/enigma2/Satback/device
caid=2600
group=1

To add a CCcam compatible line you would extend the oscam.server with another [reader], e.g. something like this:

[reader]
label = <nameGivenByMe>
protocol = cccam
device = <domain/ip>,<port>
user = <username>
password = <password>
inactivitytimeout = 300
group = 1
ccckeepalive = 1
audisabled = 1
disablecrccws = 1

If you can't figure it out use google. No further discussion about encryption on this forum. And obviously you should only be doing this if you have a genuine subscription card that you have paid for in another box on your local network.

radicaldoc
11-07-23, 13:36
sorry about that won't d it again..thanks

Bat
22-07-23, 17:57
Hi,
I'm still running an original Vu Duo.
It's listed as compatible for this image but I can only find the downloads for the Vu Duo2?
Cheers,
Gavin :)

abu baniaz
22-07-23, 18:01
Hi,
I'm still running an original Vu Duo.
It's listed as compatible for this image but I can only find the downloads for the Vu Duo2?
Cheers,

Not isn't. You can use ATV 7.3. They have a workaround to use flash expander for receivers with small amount of flash memory.

Bat
22-07-23, 18:10
Must have looked at the wrong list!
Whats ATV 7.3 please?
It's been a long time!
Cheers,

twol
22-07-23, 20:02
Must have looked at the wrong list!
Whats ATV 7.3 please?
It's been a long time!
Cheers,
Openatv 7.3 is their latest python 3 image …. Abu is correct it contains flash expander. Have to say it extended my boot time on my xtrend et7500 and didn,t seem to provide any benefit.
If you go for this just perhaps try a swap.

bbbuk
23-07-23, 09:56
Wouldnt a swap file just assist where you have low memory whereas the flash expander extends storage space? Both work by making use of a mounted USB stick or HDD to extend memory/flash(storage)

Huevos
27-07-23, 22:21
New release, 6.4.003
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66090-OpenViX-6-4-Released!&p=534604#post534604

spevs
02-08-23, 06:18
Hi Guys, recently upgraded to 6.4.003, on this occasion decided to go for multiboot installation, all working great. How do I install a 2nd OS on the box........?

twol
02-08-23, 06:50
Hi Guys, recently upgraded to 6.4.003, on this occasion decided to go for multiboot installation, all working great. How do I install a 2nd OS on the box........?
Blue button, vix plugin, imagemanager….yellow button ( download image ofchoice) blue button flash …select slot to flash and flash

spevs
02-08-23, 07:53
Thanks Twol, I thought it might be something like that but didn't want to assume and get into issues...................:thumbsup:

twol
02-08-23, 09:12
Thanks Twol, I thought it might be something like that but didn't want to assume and get into issues...................:thumbsup:

Default is backup settings before flash so you can restore settings after flash. Other distro image will have to setup anew if no distro settings backup

spevs
03-08-23, 18:25
Hi Guys, I updated one of my three vu boxes to 6.4.002 a few weeks ago and everything has been fine. Yesterday I upgraded my two remaining boxes to 6.4.003 and nearly everything is good, apart from my iptv epg, on the 1st box I updated I get a full 7 day epg on the iptv bouquets, however, on the two I did yesterday I only have the iptv epg populated for the coming 24hrs, I've been through all the settings and all three boxes are set up identically using the same iptv feeds through jedimaker. Anyone have any thoughts as I'm running out of ideas.........?

twol
03-08-23, 19:08
Hi Guys, I updated one of my three vu boxes to 6.4.002 a few weeks ago and everything has been fine. Yesterday I upgraded my two remaining boxes to 6.4.003 and nearly everything is good, apart from my iptv epg, on the 1st box I updated I get a full 7 day epg on the iptv bouquets, however, on the two I did yesterday I only have the iptv epg populated for the coming 24hrs, I've been through all the settings and all three boxes are set up identically using the same iptv feeds through jedimaker. Anyone have any thoughts as I'm running out of ideas.........?

How are you updating the epg?

spevs
03-08-23, 19:43
Epg-importer on daily timer, one hour after jedimaker has updated the bouquets, and also manually whilst in epg-importer, yellow button. What is confusing is one box has the full 7 days populated but these two other boxes only 24hrs on iptv but the full 7 days populated on satellite bouquets.

twol
03-08-23, 19:51
Epg-importer on daily timer, one hour after jedimaker has updated the bouquets, and also manually whilst in epg-importer, yellow button. What is confusing is one box has the full 7 days populated but these two other boxes only 24hrs on iptv but the full 7 days populated on satellite bouquets.
the iptv epg comes from the provider … but you need to trun on debug log and then check it to see if the import has completed OK.
If it has the issue is with the provider for some reason…. Otherwise post debug log blanking any user information before posting

spevs
03-08-23, 20:05
the iptv epg comes from the provider … but you need to trun on debug log and then check it to see if the import has completed OK.
If it has the issue is with the provider for some reason…. Otherwise post debug log blanking any user information before posting

How do I turn on debug, however, it can't be a problem with the provider otherwise I wouldn't have the full 7 day epg on the 1st box I updated, which is all fine.

twol
03-08-23, 20:30
How do I turn on debug, however, it can't be a problem with the provider otherwise I wouldn't have the full 7 day epg on the 1st box I updated, which is all fine.

‚ it can't be a problem with the provider ‘ - never assume that!
so menu,setup,system,logs,settings…enable, save not to flash, debug log time ..local time (!) set debug log level to debug logs, show in extensions list

spevs
03-08-23, 21:03
‚ it can't be a problem with the provider ‘ - never assume that!
so menu,setup,system,logs,settings…enable, save not to flash, debug log time ..local time (!) set debug log level to debug logs, show in extensions list

With debug log time set to local time the sound on my tele is quite distorted, is this normal...?

twol
03-08-23, 21:11
With debug log time set to local time the sound on my tele is quite distorted, is this normal...?

No ….. I always run with debug on all my boxes - never had any issues and you shouldn,t have any.

spevs
03-08-23, 21:36
My box was running with debug on but not set to local time, anyway i've obtained a log at the time I had epg update running but its massive, i have looked through some of it with a view to removing any personal data but there is so much in there it's almost impossible.

Update to the above, I have used edit find in notepad to identify anything under username and removed all the data in the line, is this right....?

twol
03-08-23, 21:44
My box was running with debug on but not set to local time, anyway i've obtained a log at the time I had epg update running but its massive, i have looked through some of it with a view to removing any personal data but there is so much in there it's almost impossible.

It shouldn,t be that big … just for isolation …. If you press blue button, select epgimport (or if not in list long press blue button) and then blue button (sources) just enable the iptv, save and then run it (yellow button) and post debug

spevs
03-08-23, 21:48
I've cleaned it up

EckyH
03-08-23, 21:51
It may sound ridiculous, but on our Ultimo4K we experienced the same kind of problem with the standard image from VU+.

The reason for the small EPG was simply the full file system /media/hdd due too many movies saved. It's the same file system where the epg.dat file lives.
So please check whether there is enough space for the EPG file on the file system.

E.

Edit: @spevs Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough, so I didn't notice that you provided the log file in the meantime - where I can't find any hint that a full file system is the cause for the problem.

twol
04-08-23, 08:59
I've cleaned it up

so EPGImport is running OK as far as I can see.
Have you copied any Jedi/EpgImport files from the working box, because you are getting a lot of Unknown channel messages for ones you would expect it to find if the jedi channels list is valid for that provider.??

So turn on debug log on working box and then you might do a search for 1) "[EPGImport][nextImport], source =" (find import source) followed by "[EPGImport][doThreadRead] ### thread is ready" (shows the increasing number of total imports as you go through the sources) on the working box to see if the number of imports is different from the others....

spevs
04-08-23, 09:22
[QUOTE=twol;534698]so EPGImport is running OK as far as I can see.
Have you copied any Jedi/EpgImport files from the working box, because you are getting a lot of Unknown channel messages for ones you would expect it to find if the jedi channels list is valid for that provider.??

I'm not sure what you mean by this.....?

spevs
04-08-23, 09:39
Twol, incorrect image uploaded

spevs
04-08-23, 09:49
Twol, how can i get that image off the post put up in error...

spevs
04-08-23, 09:52
This is what I intended to put up as I found it over on Kiddac's support url for jedimaker

Looks like others are having issues with jedimaker.

twol
04-08-23, 10:25
This is what I intended to put up as I found it over on Kiddac's support url for jedimaker

Looks like others are having issues with jedimaker.
well, if its an issue with Jedi, Kiddac will fix it....

twol
04-08-23, 10:27
[QUOTE=twol;534698]so EPGImport is running OK as far as I can see.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.....?
Epgimport tries to match EPG entries (from the providers web site) based on their channel names with the channels file created by Jedi........ and there are lots of unmatched entries

spevs
04-08-23, 10:31
Thanks for taking down the incorrect image, and I just wanted to raise awareness that the issues discussed above with EPG may be due to Jedimaker problems.

Huevos
04-08-23, 13:51
The reason for the small EPG was simply the full file system /media/hdd due too many movies saved. It's the same file system where the epg.dat file lives.
So please check whether there is enough space for the EPG file on the file system.Which doesn't make sense because EPG is stored in the RAM. The only time epg.dat is used is to maintain the epg data across reboots.

Huevos
04-08-23, 13:52
So please check whether there is enough space for the EPG file on the file system.Which doesn't make sense because EPG is stored in the RAM. The only time epg.dat is used is to maintain the epg data across reboots.

spevs
06-08-23, 10:38
Ok, update on my EPG issue, now I have gone mulitiboot, I have 6.3.007 & 6.4003 available on the same box, running 6.4.003 I have jedimakerxtream 6.24-20230724 installed from plugins when I reimaged and I still have the one day only populating EPG issue, running 6.3.007 I have jedimakerxtream 6.22--KiddaC installed from a while ago via plugins which is working fine 7 day EPG fully populated. I see from Kiddac's support site there have been issues recently and the latest version of Jedi is 6.25-20230805 which appears to be running perfectly (confirmed by some well respected members on this Forum). Question is how do I get the latest version on to my 6.4.003 image..................?

Thanks in advance to Twol...............:thumbsup:

orange1234
06-08-23, 12:05
Hello, I have installed Openvix 6 4 003 Release Vuuno4kse Usb (138.3M) onto a second hand box I bought, it's 6 months old. It won't connect to the internet. I did a network test, and ran the wizzard and it reports it works ok, but when I try and download plugins or do a software update it says there is no internet connection. I have tested the Lan cable, and it works perfectly.

Is this a known problem or have I bought a faulty box?

twol
06-08-23, 12:28
Ok, update on my EPG issue, now I have gone mulitiboot, I have 6.3.007 & 6.4003 available on the same box, running 6.4.003 I have jedimakerxtream 6.24-20230724 installed from plugins when I reimaged and I still have the one day only populating EPG issue, running 6.3.007 I have jedimakerxtream 6.22--KiddaC installed from a while ago via plugins which is working fine 7 day EPG fully populated. I see from Kiddac's support site there have been issues recently and the latest version of Jedi is 6.25-20230805 which appears to be running perfectly (confirmed by some well respected members on this Forum). Question is how do I get the latest version on to my 6.4.003 image..................?

Thanks in advance to Twol...............:thumbsup:

I would wait for next image update….there are a couple of modules changed by Kiddac.

spevs
06-08-23, 12:46
Ok, so stay on 6.3.007 until 6.4.004 ...........?

Tkr001
08-08-23, 00:22
Hello, I have installed Openvix 6 4 003 Release Vuuno4kse Usb (138.3M) onto a second hand box I bought, it's 6 months old. It won't connect to the internet. I did a network test, and ran the wizzard and it reports it works ok, but when I try and download plugins or do a software update it says there is no internet connection. I have tested the Lan cable, and it works perfectly.

You should open your own thread rather than hijacking this one. In any case you should check you haven't blocked googles dns.

Huevos
08-08-23, 08:24

You need to run the network test from menu and see what the problem is.

spevs
11-08-23, 04:33
I would wait for next image update….there are a couple of modules changed by Kiddac.

Just seen this on Kiddac's support site for Jedimaker

Where does this leave us moving forward with newer versions of VIX......?

dsayers
11-08-23, 06:40
Just seen this on Kiddac's support site for Jedimaker

Where does this leave us moving forward with newer versions of VIX......?

He's planning a newer version but differently named as it's going to be a rewrite. Latest is still on feeds and I'm sure when new is released it will be added.

goRt
12-08-23, 09:39
Hi,
I run a medialess solo4k with everything stored on a server
On 6.4.003 (may have been earlier), I find that the epg.dat load is attempted before the shared drive has been mounted resulting in:

31.8639> [eEPGCache] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/media/hdd/epg.dat'
35.8425> [eEPGCache] /media/hdd/epg.dat not found, try /epg.dat
35.9047> [Console] finished: umount -fl /media/hdd
35.9048> [Console][eBatch] retval=0, cmds=['sleep 2', 'mount //192.168.11.8/VU'] cmds left=2, data:

Once the mount is completed everything functions normally with the subsequent nearly blank epg.dat written back to the server and then when populated by epgrefresh
I put the box into deep sleep between recordings, so get this error after every wakeup

Thanks

Huevos
12-08-23, 11:33
Hi,
I run a medialess solo4k with everything stored on a server
On 6.4.003 (may have been earlier), I find that the epg.dat load is attempted before the shared drive has been mounted resulting in:

Once the mount is completed everything functions normally with the subsequent nearly blank epg.dat written back to the server and then when populated by epgrefresh
I put the box into deep sleep between recordings, so get this error after every wakeup

Thanks

Is this a question?

goRt
12-08-23, 12:59
Is this a question?

It's pointing out an error in the load order, the share should be mounted prior to the attempt to load the epg.dat - that's how it used to function

Thanks

Huevos
12-08-23, 14:43
It's pointing out an error in the load order, the share should be mounted prior to the attempt to load the epg.dat - that's how it used to function

Thanks

Really? Please can you show us the commit where that changed.

Huevos
12-08-23, 14:50
Really? Please can you show us the commit where that changed.

Anyway, that file is supposed to be local. That is why it is hardcoded to /media/hdd.

goRt
12-08-23, 15:36
Anyway, that file is supposed to be local. That is why it is hardcoded to /media/hdd.

Yes, but one can mount a share to replace the HDD (a specific option within the mount menu)

Up until 6.4 logs and epg.dat were working correctly, I noticed that I wasn't getting any logs and that the epg.dat hadn't updated, digging around I found those settings had not restored during the upgrade process
Setting them correctly means the logs are written to the share, but epg.dat isn't on first boot, subsequent attempts (1hr save set in the menus) work correctly, I can also manually save the epg.dat shortly after boot and that saves to the share

So something appears to have changed in the load order in 6.4 meaning epg.dat is attempting to load before the share is in place

twol
12-08-23, 16:54
Yes, but one can mount a share to replace the HDD (a specific option within the mount menu)

Up until 6.4 logs and epg.dat were working correctly, I noticed that I wasn't getting any logs and that the epg.dat hadn't updated, digging around I found those settings had not restored during the upgrade process
Setting them correctly means the logs are written to the share, but epg.dat isn't on first boot, subsequent attempts (1hr save set in the menus) work correctly, I can also manually save the epg.dat shortly after boot and that saves to the share

So something appears to have changed in the load order in 6.4 meaning epg.dat is attempting to load before the share is in place
Are you sure that you haven,t changed your network mount…..on one of my boxes the Synology mounts happen prior to E2 start, so that would fix your issue.

goRt
12-08-23, 17:22
Are you sure that you haven,t changed your network mount…..on one of my boxes the Synology mounts happen prior to E2 start, so that would fix your issue.

Thanks, I always just restore my settings, I'm also on Synology so if you have a working version I'll play around with the mount option

Update - I've deleted the mount and re-added, a few reboots have been successful

Thanks for the pointer

twol
12-08-23, 19:10
Thanks, I always just restore my settings, I'm also on Synology so if you have a working version I'll play around with the mount option

Update - I've deleted the mount and re-added, a few reboots have been successful

Thanks for the pointer
Hopefully fixed ….

spevs
15-08-23, 08:14
Does anyone have an idea when 6.4.004 will be out......?

Huevos
15-08-23, 09:01
Does anyone have an idea when 6.4.004 will be out......?Yes, what change are you waiting for?

spevs
17-08-23, 15:15

Jedimaker issues on 6.4.003

Huevos
19-08-23, 00:37
New release 6.4.004
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66090-OpenViX-6-4-Released!&p=534957&viewfull=1#post534957

Huevos
13-09-23, 22:56
New release 6.4.006

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66090-OpenViX-6-4-Released!&p=535337#post535337

Huevos
19-09-23, 00:20
New release 6.4.007

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66090-OpenViX-6-4-Released!&p=535449#post535449

peterthevicar
29-09-23, 20:27
I'm having trouble with 6.4 on my mutant hd51
The symptom is that it can't read the feeds for installing software

I ssh to the box and get this:

root@mutant51:/tmp# opkg update
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.4/hd51/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
* opkg_download_backend: Failed to download http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.4/hd51/3rdparty/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.4/hd51/all/Packages.gz.

The url for the Packages file is correct for my hd51 and when I do a manual wget over ssh it downloads correctly so the network is obviously fine.

root@mutant51:/tmp# wget http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.4/hd51/3rdparty/Packages.gz
--2023-09-29 18:41:25-- http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/6.4/hd51/3rdparty/Packages.gz
Resolving www.openvix.co.uk... 176.31.181.161
Connecting to www.openvix.co.uk|176.31.181.161|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1442 (1.4K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: ‘Packages.gz’

Packages.gz 100%[=======================================>] 1.41K --.-KB/s in 0.004s

2023-09-29 18:41:31 (378 KB/s) - ‘Packages.gz’ saved [1442/1442]

I need to download extra modules, in particular nfs server support as I also use the box for NAS.

When I downgrade to 6.3 all is well again so I'm staying with 6.3 for now.

Any help gratefully received and apologies if this has already been raised and answered!

TIA, Peter

Huevos
20-10-23, 00:05
6.4.008 released.

spevs
20-10-23, 12:47
I have just installed a fresh 6.4.008 image on one of my boxes and restored nothing from previous images, despite several attempts I am unable to get Samba & NFS to install, I get the reboot message after it says installed but when I go back into either I get asked if I want to install them Yes/No.

Anyone having the same or any ideas why..............?

bellejt
20-10-23, 13:01
maybe same as here : https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65672-SAMBA-Can-t-Start-After-6-2-Upgrade&highlight=samba

smp8
20-10-23, 14:30
Hi
Since the release of 6.4.006 the front panel display skin default on my Vu+ Duo 4kSE is just showing the openvix logo instead of the clock and progress bar. I've gone back to 6.4.004 because I prefer it, but just wondered if theres a way to get back to that original layout on 6.4.008? Thanks

spevs
20-10-23, 18:23
maybe same as here : https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65672-SAMBA-Can-t-Start-After-6-2-Upgrade&highlight=samba

I don't think so, normally when I've got samba on I connect to the box and turn on netbios, I'm reluctant to import settings as I wanted to build of a fresh install.

Huevos
20-10-23, 21:33
Hi
Since the release of 6.4.006 the front panel display skin default on my Vu+ Duo 4kSE is just showing the openvix logo instead of the clock and progress bar. I've gone back to 6.4.004 because I prefer it, but just wondered if theres a way to get back to that original layout on 6.4.008? Thanks

Please supply the debug log.

spevs
20-10-23, 22:01
Am I doing this right, if I want a clean most up to date build do I use 6.4.008 or 6.4.001 and then apply all the updates.....?

Obviously without using previous settings.

abu baniaz
20-10-23, 23:03
Am I doing this right, if I want a clean most up to date build do I use 6.4.008 or 6.4.001 and then apply all the updates.....?

Obviously without using previous settings.
Flash most recent version.

Valiant
21-10-23, 09:58
I have just installed a fresh 6.4.008 image on one of my boxes and restored nothing from previous images, despite several attempts I am unable to get Samba & NFS to install, I get the reboot message after it says installed but when I go back into either I get asked if I want to install them Yes/No.

Anyone having the same or any ideas why..............?

I recently started Samba running under OpenVix 6.3 from the Menu/Setup/Network/Utilities/Samba option with no issues.

The other day I flashed OpenVix 6.4.007 and afterwards found that Samba was stopped but it would not start from the same menu. However the following day after an overnight deep standby and restart I found that I could start Samba successfully from the same menu. I did not need to restart the box to start Samba previously, so different behaviour this time, I think.

Valiant
21-10-23, 10:45
Additionally to my last post, I was not getting the prompt to restart the box when I was trying to start Samba under 6.4.007. I will flash 6.4.008 and see what happens now.

EDIT: Correction. I must be losing my marbles.

I have now flashed 6.4.008.

The odd behaviour is that after following the Samba install routine and rebooting the box when asked, Samba has not started and I am once again prompted with "Are you ready to install Samba".

John57
21-10-23, 11:15
Morning All

Just a general question, I have noticed since a few days now that I have no EPG from Astra 28 (UK) not sure if its software related as I use EPG Import with my current Vix software 6.4.008 and was just wondering if this now normal, all other EPG information downloads as per normal ie 19E as I live in Germany, any tips, suggestions would be as always very welcome. Regards, John

spevs
21-10-23, 12:45
Ok, I seem to have got to the bottom of my issue, (may be affecting others) for what it's worth I have a Vu Uno4KSE with multiboot enabled. I don't know why but after considerable testing with 6.4.xxx fresh images my box would not install any network utilities after a clean installation. The process I have followed is to install clean image, upon initial boot exit restore wizard, follow the network wizard and accept dhcp, check for software update to ensure network connectivity, then try to install Samba which appeared to install and ask for a reboot, however, the time taken to install was quite short, following a reboot I was repeatedly presented with "do you want to install Samba". I have experienced the same on fresh attempts with 6.4.001, 6.4.007 & 6.4.008 rebuilds. When I had the same issue with 6.4.001, I suspected there must be something wrong at my end, so I accessed Adapter Settings

Choose dhcp & save, then rebooted. Following which, I went back into install Samba and this time it took much longer for the reboot prompt and successfully installed.

Obviously, after a fresh install despite completing the Network Wizard something wasn't right with the network configuration, despite the network appearing to work correctly ( I was even able to set up network mounts to my other boxes). I hope my findings may be useful.

Valiant
21-10-23, 12:45
I have now flashed 6.4.008.

The odd behaviour is that after following the Samba install routine and rebooting the box when asked, Samba has not started and I am once again prompted with "Are you ready to install Samba".

Logs attached:

spevs
21-10-23, 15:20
See my earlier post

twol
21-10-23, 15:25
Logs attached:

logs show it runs the install, no errors logged

spevs
21-10-23, 15:48
Twol, see my post at 12:45, this sorted out my Samba issue.

Orlandox
21-10-23, 16:12
How to fix Samba installation:

1. Make SSH connection with PuTTy to your box
2. Type username 'root' and your password
3. Type command 'opkg update'
4. Type 'Exit' at PuTTy
5. Install Samba

abu baniaz
21-10-23, 17:10
This comes up very so often. Alas suggestions to add an "opkg update" before installing samba items was not accepted.

You can use also telnet protocol, not just ssh.

Valiant
21-10-23, 17:37
logs show it runs the install, no errors logged

Yes its odd. After re-booting as requested by the install process, there is no connection from my laptop, so I go back into the utilities/samba option and the status screen with a red highlight flashes briefly before being replaced by the "Are you ready to install Samba ?" Yes/No prompt. Selecting Yes and rebooting from there goes round again. I am recording something at the moment, but i will shut down and restart and see what happens (see my earlier post).

Valiant
21-10-23, 19:05
I didn't restart after my recording ended but just thought I'd run the install again and this time it worked!

Running the utilities/samba option now shows a running status with a green background.

I swear I haven't changed anything, maybe it took time for the network change to click in, but it is odd. It's not vital, just a nice to have option.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time, I'll be a bit more patient in future.

Huevos
12-11-23, 16:10
New skin in 6.4.009

JonMMM
12-11-23, 19:57
which shin is it?

Orlandox
12-11-23, 20:10
Looks like E2-DarkOS skin.

BobbyC
14-11-23, 10:03
Huevos, I like the new skin, but a couple of UI issues for me,

The Vu+ Duo logo on main menu is all squashed for me, any idea how I can resolve this.
Also I notice selected menu item and text do not line up, could be a font size issue on my part, but thats how I like it, the highlighted menu item bar should cover all text regardless I would of thought

VuDuo 4k, 65 inch TV

thanks, overall really like it

DimitarCC
14-11-23, 11:42
Hello!

About the logo i suppose this is not the correct size. What exactly is the box? Duo4K or Duo4KSE? I need to check the correct logo.

About the channel list...hmm that is strange. I noticed you do not use channel numbers. If you enable the channel numbers, is it become, OK?

P.S. You can try to go into the skin directory in icons/logos and there to delete vuduo4k.png and place the attached instead (unzip it first ofcource). Then reload the skin and check how is the logo.

BobbyC
14-11-23, 12:02
Hi DimitarCC, thank you that logo has fixed that :) much appreciated

Yes enabling the number fixes that, but my preference is without the numbers, good tips, maybe it gets fixed in an update ...thanks again

DimitarCC
14-11-23, 12:06
Good it worked out. Will see what i can do for the next update.

BobbyC
14-11-23, 15:55
Excellent, nice skin, really like it, been using Onyx 1080 for years, its nice lick of new paint for my box !!
Great work, thanks again

DimitarCC
15-11-23, 07:40
@BobbyC: So the problems are fixed now. But you have to wait for next public version of the image i guess.

judge
18-11-23, 04:40
Hi Huevos, does the skin crash when you press the audio button twice, should bring up the subtitles screen?

DimitarCC
18-11-23, 09:15
Not crashes on my side. Subtitles screen show like normal

dsayers
19-11-23, 22:36
I've noticed with stream relay if I play a stream relay channel other none stream relay channels are not grayed out. Zapping to a none stream relay channel still shows N/A on the tuner info on the infobar I still have to zap another channel and zap back to free the tuner.

I only have one tuner so this is normal but with the channels not grayed out it looks like it should free the tuner.

Huevos
19-11-23, 23:54
It just takes time to release the tuner. Does it work if you wait?

dsayers
20-11-23, 00:16
Waited 3 minutes and it isn't freed. I did see this commit but I'm not sure if it applies to single tuners https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/639030fedf984cbdf0c32d7d8c70c034d7feba6f

To test only enable one tuner then try a stream relay channel then zap to a none stream relay channel.

Edit I was meant to post this in the Dev images thread

DimitarCC
20-11-23, 09:52
Waiting not going to help since the event was missed already. I believe the issue is on some boxes it requires more time to free up the tuner. Maybe we can make that delay configurable via the config so to be adjusted by the user.
The actual problem with grayed out services is that they are grayed out but still available. And even if it is grayed out when you switch to one of them will not always switch successfully.
So in my opinion that graying out is pointless. So the only solution in my opinion is configuring the delay of the switch by config so user to be possible to adjust it.

Ev0
20-11-23, 12:31
Waited 3 minutes and it isn't freed. I did see this commit but I'm not sure if it applies to single tuners https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/639030fedf984cbdf0c32d7d8c70c034d7feba6f

To test only enable one tuner then try a stream relay channel then zap to a none stream relay channel.

Edit I was meant to post this in the Dev images thread

What box are you using and are you using the latest Dev image ?

smipx
20-11-23, 12:45
Hi all,

On my zgemma H7 there is a small issue (not life limiting or anything) that I wanted to report. I find that when certain error messages or error states occur "timeshift" or "recordings / lack of a spare tuner" or "trying to deep standby when recordings are in progress", the usual helpful and appropriate message pops up (such as "you can't do this" or "no free tuner" or "are you sure you want to go into deep standby as recordings are in progress or about to start")......

then for some reason the current selected bouquet can sometimes (but not always) get changed to one of the other bouquets in my list of bouquets on the box. I have my own bouquet that I choose to use (which is a mixture of terrestrial channels and Satellite channels) but if one of these events occurs it sometimes shifts the bouquet over to "South West Terrestrial - All Channels" or "Sky UK - All Channels". I then have to remember to switch it back to my chosen bouquet and until I do the channel numbers don't match what I an used to (because the channel numbers are different in these other bouquets obviously).

I notice it most often when I do timeshift operations. Specifically, if I enter timeshift by pressing "pause" on the remote control - the first time I do it in the morning the hard drive takes some moments to spin up and the pause does not happen for perhaps 5 seconds - Normal and expected - but the wife (if she does it) sometimes forgets and then presses pause a second time thinking that the remote was playing up which has the effect of buffering an "unpause" that occurs after the disk has spun up, paused and then immediately unpaused. Then timeshift gets in a confused state and the only way to be able to use timeshift again (without changing channel) is to press "stop" on the remote 2 or 3 times until I get the little red cross on the corner, timeshift then "resets itself" and works normally. This issue I did report before (about the timeshift getting into a confused state) but it was never resolved and I gave up.

This exact scenario happened to me today on the timeshift "problem" and the bouquet got shifted to "South West Terrestrial - All Channels"
I had to intervene (wife was doing it) - by pressing stop 2 times (until I saw the little red cross in the top right corner) and then using the bouquet selector to reselect my own preferred bouquet.

Not exactly life changing but there seems to be some anomaly in the code somewhere.

Thanks guys... I love openVIX and it is the only thing I use these days to watch TV.

deltec
20-11-23, 17:04
iv noticed a delay as well in changing Chanel’s as well in icam streamrelay

DimitarCC
20-11-23, 18:41
Switching from stream relay channel to dvb one can not be without a delay due to impossibility to free the tuner immediately. Thats why there is 100ms delay.

dsayers
20-11-23, 18:51
What box are you using and are you using the latest Dev image ?

Vu+uno4k with 6.4.010.005

deltec
20-11-23, 19:04
Yes I have a vu ultimo and using the latest 6.4 010.005 vix image sort I ment the vu ultimo 4k

dsayers
20-11-23, 20:00
Vu+uno4k with 6.4.010.005

Edit I forgot to add using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner as my FBC tuner is DVB-C

Huevos
20-11-23, 20:28
Vu+uno4k with 6.4.010.005I thought you said a single tuner box... Or maybe I'm dreaming.

Huevos
20-11-23, 20:29
Edit I forgot to add using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner as my FBC tuner is DVB-C

Ok, a USB tuner.

dsayers
20-11-23, 20:30
I thought you said a single tuner box... Or maybe I'm dreaming.

See my last post I forgot to add using a sundtek DVB-S/S2 USB tuner as my FBC tuner is DVB-C

deltec
20-11-23, 20:31
I never sed that did i

Huevos
20-11-23, 21:48

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/639030fedf984cbdf0c32d7d8c70c034d7feba6f/lib/python/Navigation.py#L224C38-L224C42

That is the delay before starting a new stream relay. 100 milliseconds. Try increasing it to 1000, 2000, 5000. See what works with your tuner and report back.

dsayers
20-11-23, 21:55
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/639030fedf984cbdf0c32d7d8c70c034d7feba6f/lib/python/Navigation.py#L224C38-L224C42

That is the delay before starting a new stream relay. 100 milliseconds. Try increasing it to 1000, 2000, 5000. See what works with your tuner and report back.

I'll have a look in the morning. Thanks

deltec
21-11-23, 06:59
We’re do I change the seting ie in the menu ie changing the stream relay milie seconds could explain we’re the setings are

dsayers
21-11-23, 07:37

1000 ms seems about right for my Sundtek tuner it does seem like about 2 seconds. I did try 950 but it doesn't clear the tuner.