PDA

View Full Version : gigant image

bob1
24-05-10, 18:32
Anyone else tried the gigant image ?
I have been using it in meoboot and it looks and works quite good ,not too sure about the ******ing heart though.

nasser007
24-05-10, 18:34
I`ve tryed it, seems ok apple trailer plugin but it`s in polish is`nt it

bob1
24-05-10, 18:42
Never noticed ,it will have copied my settings from the flash image ,i did see the polish epg when setting that up though , i did prefer the graphical epg layout compared to dream elite which i find a little squashed up due to the info listed at the side.

nasser007
24-05-10, 18:51
so is your menu and set up in english, the one i got in polish

bob1
24-05-10, 20:57
yes all in English , i suppose you can change it in the language settings but that might not be easy to do if it defaulted to polish.

Sicilian
24-05-10, 21:00
I'll have to get this image uploaded here.

steve1978
24-05-10, 22:48
DO that :D we can all have a go then, you should create a Vuplus-support.co.uk version of all the images. all best plugins etc pre installed. picons an all.

bassethound
24-05-10, 23:10
Have tried the image very good you can change the default language back to English which i did,but its very slow to boot LOL

pege63
25-05-10, 09:28
You can all install it and change the language to English and then do a backup and now you have one in defaoult English ;)

Sicilian
25-05-10, 10:27
@ Steve1978, you cant pre-install picons, these need to go in a folder in USB stick or HDD.

pege63
25-05-10, 15:09
Better to tell him where he should put them Sic

Sicilian
25-05-10, 15:18
Better to tell him where he should put them Sic

If your referring to the picons questions, it would depend on the image. VTI for one needs a command sent via telnet to store them on USB.

pege63
25-05-10, 20:24
If your referring to the picons questions, it would depend on the image. VTI for one needs a command sent via telnet to store them on USB.
Yes put down where and how ppl should do for each image, a guide with nother word

dfdream
19-06-10, 13:36
All,

Gigant loaded and nearly there.
I have 2 questions.

1: I have fixed dish on tuner A set for 28.2 and 28.5.
On the Tuner B I want to set for advanced and store each sat seperately. But in advanced there is no positioner setting. There is one in the simple setup alright.

2: I have picons on USB but they dont show up. Do I have to run some script as you say above Sic to tell it to pick them up from USB. The usb is detected as I can see it on FTP Program.

D

dfdream
19-06-10, 16:06
Update -

I sorted the tuner issue... I forgot to enable the diseqc in the advanced tuner setup. Its working now.

Still working on the other issue.

D

Sicilian
19-06-10, 19:16
Update -

I sorted the tuner issue... I forgot to enable the diseqc in the advanced tuner setup. Its working now.

Still working on the other issue.

D

Is it the picons issue your still stuck on dfdream? If so see here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?202-How-to-install-your-own-picons-on-VTI-or-Dream-Elite-images

dfdream
19-06-10, 20:05
Thanks Sic for that.

I'm back with good ol PLi, I took nfi image of gigant and might go look at it again. (oh to have a second VU+)

I got 3 green screens in the process of configuring it.

1: installing sat settings from plugin downloads.
2: going into the network settings
3: doing a manual download in merlin EPG.

For me the image has too much and option screens everywhere.
I like the selection of skins.... Pity about manual install though.
Also some plugins wouldnt install error given that they werent DE compatible.
The picons not working on the USB was not nice... New PLi images (not updates) find them every time.

Will look at the vanila DE next...

Probably should have started with that one.

Sicilian
19-06-10, 20:08
@ dfdream, you really should try latest VTI 1.3. Its really fast, stable, got everything you need. Rytec EPG plugin pre-installed too. Fantastic selection of skins. I've been using it all week, not a single green screen in sight :D

Ojustaboo
19-06-10, 20:18
@ dfdream, you really should try latest VTI 1.3. Its really fast, stable, got everything you need. Rytec EPG plugin pre-installed too. Fantastic selection of skins. I've been using it all week, not a single green screen in sight :D

Wish people would stop saying things like that :D

Just gone back to the PLi and decided that was that. Now I have to give the VTI a go just to make sure.

Found the Gigant too much for my usage, too many plugins installed that I haven't got a clue as to what they do etc.

Also got a green screen, but I was playing around with manually adding a (non provided) skin. Skin added fine, but with that skin selected, going to the settings/network gave me a green screen,. Going back to one of the supplied skins and it all worked fine.

PLi is still my fav but that's probably because it was the first one I used.

Sicilian
19-06-10, 20:20
Personally I think this Gigant image has too much crammed into it, hence why I haven't and most likely will not try it.

PLi is very good, does exactly what it says on the tin. Now VTI has a very similar layout but is more complete imo. Theres loads of VU+ branded skins to choose from too, plenty of plugins etc..