PDA

View Full Version : Which Android box?

terryco
27-05-23, 16:35
Hi, i need advice as to which Android TV box to buy. I recently had a Stroke and its left me Severley Sight Impaired. I cancelled my Sky subscription and have to return their equiptment. Some years ago i bought a MXQ Android box, so i thought i'd use that again. Unfortunately it no loncer works, so i need a replacement. I notice none of the recievers are programmed. I need one thats easy to set up, because of my sight. I also want to install my Security Cameras on it, and hopefully have a decent size Programme Guide on it. Terrestial TV is lso a must. Thanks for any help

Trial
28-05-23, 09:14
Hi,
Android TV Box is streaming only so if/how you get TV on your screen depends where you live and if there is an App for Android available.

I bought a new Philips TV last year and it is Android TV based with quite a fast CPU inside. No need for a separate Box there. I another room I have the NVidia Shield Pro. Expensive but worth it. Fire TV Cube is also quite fast but also expensive but a bit limited when it comes to Apps.

Ralf

terryco
28-05-23, 15:22
Thanks for the reply. As i said, i have a MXQ Andrid Box that worked fine. I think it came loaded with Apps, but i could install other Apps from sites such as Playstore like my Security Cameras, and the likes of Kodi, if its still going. I think it also had Terrestal Tv on it. It no longer works, so i need a relacement that does the same. I don't have an Android TV, but its a Smart TV. I joint this site in 2015, so i must have bought the MXQ then.

terryco
29-05-23, 10:02
I can't see how to close this thread. I don't require any help thanks. I bought exaxtly what i needed from Ebay. Thanks again