PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K SE] Box freezes everyday -- tried to solve with power timer but found bug

icemanv3
21-05-23, 09:01
Hi All

Bit of a strange one, on 6.3.007 I find the box cant last more than 24 hours without a crash (freezes, front screen still works but box is unresponsive otherwise, including openwebif)

I used a power timer to tell the box to reboot every morning which solved the issue, but I told it to go into standby once it had power cycled, for some reason it does not do this, it stays on.

anyone else with this box struggling with this image or is it time for me to look at my plugins?

twol
21-05-23, 09:34
If you haven,t done so, turn on debug logs (menu/setup/system/logs/settings … save not in flash, local time.
post logs before/after

icemanv3
21-05-23, 10:10
If you haven,t done so, turn on debug logs (menu/setup/system/logs/settings … save not in flash, local time.
post logs before/after

Will do (i hadnt) Ive also removed LCD4Linux as I saw another thread saying there was a memory leak in its so will see if that fixes it!

Micci
25-05-23, 08:36
For me, the power timer has NEVER worked as it should. It has never gone to standby after a reboot. This has been for years and with several images.
My guess is that after the reboot, the box has forgotten what it was doing and just resumes normal operation instead of finalizing the timed task.
So instead, I use a separate power timer that puts the box into standby 5 minutes after the reboot timer.

I too am using this method because of the memory leak in LDC4Linux. I just can't live without the modified front display LDC4Linux enables me to have.
The memory leak causes the box (Vu+ Duo4K SE) to slow down after a couple of days. Rebooting once a day helps a lot.

TheRealDaddy
25-05-23, 11:13
I have the same sort of issue but no one has been able to help :-

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66039-System-freeze-!

Could this be my issue too ??

Dave.

Orlandox
25-05-23, 16:57
For me, the power timer has NEVER worked as it should. It has never gone to standby after a reboot. This has been for years and with several images.
My guess is that after the reboot, the box has forgotten what it was doing and just resumes normal operation instead of finalizing the timed task.
So instead, I use a separate power timer that puts the box into standby 5 minutes after the reboot timer.

I use 'StartupToStandby' plugin.

Joe_90
25-05-23, 18:04
"Startup to Standby" in PowerTimer works perfectly on all my boxes. I have a particular startup channel set, so the box briefly tunes to it to set the clock, then drops into standby mode. Works like this every time. I don't use LCD4linux plugin, though, which seems to be mentioned in several threads.