PDA

View Full Version : Few problems with bouquets and display.

bangorbob
18-05-23, 12:21
I recently purchased the SF8008 and this week decided to set it up to replace my Vu+ Duo2, I did have some problems while setting it up with my Sony 4K Tv, for some unknown reason when whating a 4K source after a few seconds the picture flickers and freezes but the audio carries on, also when the unit is put into standby after a few minutes it shows the attached message on the TV screen. With the Vu+ I use to listen to radio stations by pressing the radio button on the remote, I have tried really hard to find the radio bouquet via the remote on this model but cant find it anywhere. Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

twol
18-05-23, 12:44
I recently purchased the SF8008 and this week decided to set it up to replace my Vu+ Duo2, I did have some problems while setting it up with my Sony 4K Tv, for some unknown reason when whating a 4K source after a few seconds the picture flickers and freezes but the audio carries on, also when the unit is put into standby after a few minutes it shows the attached message on the TV screen. With the Vu+ I use to listen to radio stations by pressing the radio button on the remote, I have tried really hard to find the radio bouquet via the remote on this model but cant find it anywhere. Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

So which image and release?

bangorbob
18-05-23, 13:03
So which image and release?

Sorry my bad, OpenVix 6.3.007

abu baniaz
18-05-23, 14:24
If you are using ABM and creating Freesat/Freeview bouquets, there is a hack to treat them like TV services. There will be bouquets for Radio channels.

bangorbob
18-05-23, 15:08
If you are using ABM and creating Freesat/Freeview bouquets, there is a hack to treat them like TV services. There will be bouquets for Radio channels.

OK, not sure why I need a hack as before on Vu+ when I pressed the Radio buttob it brought up the Radio bouquet, I have checked all the bouquets created on this box but no Radio one exists, I'm using the Sky Northern Ireland SD custom with channel swap which was the same on the Vu+ If I do need a hack can you please tell me what I need to do, Thanks.

abu baniaz
18-05-23, 15:19
If you are not using Freesat/Freeview, what I said does not apply. You hadn't said what your bouquets were, so I guessed.

What do you see when you open your bouquets, then press radio? Post a picture please.

Edit:
Just for info, the hack is in the provider files already. The radio bouquets are in the TV bouquets as in this picture. You are not using Freeview/Freesat, so this does not apply to you. I look forward to the answer as to what you see.

bangorbob
18-05-23, 15:54
If you are not using Freesat/Freeview, what I said does not apply. You hadn't said what your bouquets were, so I guessed.

What do you see when you open your bouquets, then press radio? Post a picture please.

OK, firstly on this remote there is no Radio button just a TV/Radio button, beside it is a FAV button, ressing the TV/Radio button bring up the bouguet list and a second press takes you into the bouquet that you are watching. The FAV button also opens up the bouguet list.

65427 65428 65429 65430

abu baniaz
18-05-23, 16:15
Sorry, I don't have an answer if the TV/Radio button is not switching modes. It used to do so before. Hopefully someone with same receiver and remote will assist with solution.

Huevos
19-05-23, 08:08
Please get a debug log of pressing the tv/radio button a few times.

bangorbob
19-05-23, 09:48
Please get a debug log of pressing the tv/radio button a few times.

Hopefully this is the debug log 65433

Huevos
19-05-23, 10:33
So they recently changed the remote for that model which is why OpenViX doesn't know it needs special handling:
https://github.com/oe-mirrors/branding-module/commit/d3ac0e6e1626ca672e5c5887b38565d2fe0b72da

Add the following update and report back:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/e32c35414ec0aae761907a65065e7548b3597ec1

bangorbob
19-05-23, 11:44
So they recently changed the remote for that model which is why OpenViX doesn't know it needs special handling:
https://github.com/oe-mirrors/branding-module/commit/d3ac0e6e1626ca672e5c5887b38565d2fe0b72da

Add the following update and report back:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/e32c35414ec0aae761907a65065e7548b3597ec1

Huevos, could you please give me a quick guide as to install this change, sorry for being a bit stupid with this.

Huevos
19-05-23, 12:53
Add the attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components (by ftp) and then restart the receiver.

bangorbob
19-05-23, 13:10
Add the attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components (by ftp) and then restart the receiver.

Thank You that has sorted that issue with the Radio Bouquets. Hoping now that someone might be able to shed some light on why the unit after being put into standby after a few minutes puts a display on the TV screen.

Huevos
19-05-23, 13:17
Displays what?

bangorbob
19-05-23, 14:30
Displays what?

This is what it's displaying on the screen when I turn the TV on again

65435 65437

twol
19-05-23, 15:11
This is what it's displaying on the screen when I turn the TV on again

65435 65437

That's not actually an issue, although you shouldn't get that screen - means that power is not dropped/stopped on hdmi out.... which it should be

Which model of the sf8008 are you running??

bangorbob
19-05-23, 16:53
That's not actually an issue, although you shouldn't get that screen - means that power is not dropped/stopped on hdmi out.... which it should be

Which model of the sf8008 are you running??[/QUOTE]

The only info I have is OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X if you need further info I can look for more when I get home later this evening

Joe_90
19-05-23, 23:29

As an aside - I get that screen if I put my GB Quad+ into standby when connected to my TV via HDMI through my Sony amp (CEC not enabled on this box).

bangorbob
20-05-23, 06:23

The only info I have is OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X if you need further info I can look for more when I get home later this evening[/QUOTE]

I have taken this info from the box hoping that it helps 65439654406544165442

bangorbob
20-05-23, 15:23
I've just noticed another another problem while watching some telly this afternoon, when changing channels the video signal just drops out and I have to put the box into standby and on again to restore the picture. The box is set for for 2160P video output.

bangorbob
22-05-23, 21:50
So have been having other problems with this box, with the video output set to 2160P, the video display just switches its self off for no reason while watching anything, the box is still working but no display output, I discovered that taking out the HDMI cable from the TV and putting it back in the picture comes back on. If I set the video output to 1080P the box works perfectly no drop outs at all. Its becoming quite frustrating as I bought this for the 4K output.

cactikid
22-05-23, 22:24
So have been having other problems with this box, with the video output set to 2160P, the video display just switches its self off for no reason while watching anything, the box is still working but no display output, I discovered that taking out the HDMI cable from the TV and putting it back in the picture comes back on. If I set the video output to 1080P the box works perfectly no drop outs at all. Its becoming quite frustrating as I bought this for the 4K output.

Do not remove / insert cables with units switched on or you will blow something up.

Presume box and tv are both 4 k and tv does not have automatic scale set to on.
I have a H7S set to 4K and it blinks for a second as it changes from 1080 to 2160 picture.
Is the Hdmi cable support 4K

abu baniaz
22-05-23, 23:24
Do not remove / insert cables with units switched on or you will blow something up.

Thanks and well said @Cactikid. I used to ignore this advice until I blew the HDMI chip on my GB UE 4K.

adm
22-05-23, 23:27

Is the source 4K or are you using the box to upscale? The TV may be better at upscaling.
Even if the content is 4K is it actually 2160 interlace or 2160 progressive?
Setting the highest possible output data rate may not give you the best picture if the source content is a lower definition or frequency. Try setting the output of your box to the maximum of your source material and if it's 50Hz do not output 60Hz.

If your TV is not set to just scan (overscan off) then the 4K TV will rescale the input.

bangorbob
23-05-23, 11:28
Is the source 4K or are you using the box to upscale? The TV may be better at upscaling.
Even if the content is 4K is it actually 2160 interlace or 2160 progressive?
Setting the highest possible output data rate may not give you the best picture if the source content is a lower definition or frequency. Try setting the output of your box to the maximum of your source material and if it's 50Hz do not output 60Hz.

If your TV is not set to just scan (overscan off) then the 4K TV will rescale the input.

Thanks for all the help guys, the 4K content is live streams from sporting events which I subscribe to, not sure if they are interlace or progressive. Over scan is defiently off and the box is set for 50Hz. The TV (Sony Bravia) dosent allow any changes to display setting while the box is outputting 2160P.

bangorbob
23-05-23, 11:33

Just wondering can anything be done to stop this, is it a VIX problem or a BOX problem?