PDA

View Full Version : Dead DVB-S module? Advice please..

KrisW
14-05-23, 16:23
Hi,

At some point over the last week, my VU+Duo 2 stopped tuning on DVB-S. I don’t believe this is anything to do with the recent FreeSat renumbering, as I am unable to tune any service on any satellite.

Signal finder shows 0 dB for both Tuner A and Tuner B, and all indicators are zero. This leads me to believe there’s a hardware problem, not a dish misalignment or damaged cable - I have not called an installer out to test the dish yet, though. (DVB-T is still working perfectly, so if there’s a fault, it’s between the dish and the main system board).

Is there any way I diagnose if this is a dead tuner card?

twol
14-05-23, 16:41
Hi,

At some point over the last week, my VU+Duo 2 stopped tuning on DVB-S. I don’t believe this is anything to do with the recent FreeSat renumbering, as I am unable to tune any service on any satellite.

Signal finder shows 0 dB for both Tuner A and Tuner B, and all indicators are zero. This leads me to believe there’s a hardware problem, not a dish misalignment or damaged cable - I have not called an installer out to test the dish yet, though. (DVB-T is still working perfectly, so if there’s a fault, it’s between the dish and the main system board).

Is there any way I diagnose if this is a dead tuner card?

Heavy rainfall in your area? Water in cable?

cactikid
14-05-23, 17:28
Check box in another location to see if it works there + F connectors are tight

KrisW
15-05-23, 10:03
Thanks.. It’s been unusually dry here, so probably not water ingress. I’ll bring the box to a neighbour’s house and try on their dish, but I

If it’s the module, what are my chances of getting a replacement tuner?

abu baniaz
15-05-23, 10:25
Try phoning the sponsor's shop. You can also post in the classifieds just in case someone has one to sell.

There are some postings on the Internet on repairing the tuners if you want to try that. Be aware it might also be Power Supply on receiver. I have a solo se but only the hybrid c/t tuner.

Please make sure you test on a universal LNB, not wideband outputs for Sky Q.

bellejt
15-05-23, 10:36
why reparing the tuners of a duo2 ? .They are interchangable .Cost 60 euro max

PS : Could be simply the condensors who are faulty

abu baniaz
15-05-23, 10:47
Hopefully it is just a faulty LNB. Testing at neighbours place is a good test to rule out his dish, lnb, cables.

KrisW
16-05-23, 10:38
Test at the neighbours gave 16 dB SNR and signal lock; whereas I’m seeing zero. LNB/dish it is.

Thanks for the advice!