PDA

View Full Version : Is one of my LNBs broken?

nekrub2
06-05-23, 23:08
Dear all most recently I scanned manually for this TV station but did not get it. When checking my station on the hotbird LNB I noticed that I have only those with a horizonal polarization.

This this the station I searched.

TVE International
Service Type TV
Encryption Encryption
Language SPANISH
Theme GENERAL
Format DVB-S2
Analogue / Digital HD
Diffusion Time 24
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Satellite HOTBIRD 13B
Orbital Position 13° EAST
Beam Wide
Frequency 12.303 GHz
Polarization V
Symbol Rate 27.500 Msym/s

I have two universal LNBS (ALPS BST8-601B) for 13.0E and 19.2E connected to a DiSEqC, leading to Tuner B.

These are my tuner settings

Tuner A Loop-through from tuner B

Tuner B Simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A: 13.0E, Port B: 19.2E, Set voltage and 22 KHz yes, Send DiSEqC only on sat change no, force legacy signal stats no.

Question 1: Do you get this TV station with a manual scan?
Question 2: Do you see anything in my tuner settings that needs to be changed?
Question 3: What do I need to check when replacing my 13.0E LNB?

Thanks for any hint.

cactikid
06-05-23, 23:47
Did you go into signal finder for that channel?

nekrub2
07-05-23, 06:23
I get 0%. Clicking through all transponders, I got for all vertical transponders 0%.

cactikid
07-05-23, 17:39
I was just checking my Diseqc settings on my Quad is same as yours as forgot. =Tuner B Simple, DiSEqC A/B, Port A: 13.0E, Port B: 19.2E, Set voltage and 22 KHz yes, Send DiSEqC only on sat change no, force legacy signal stats no.

The bit confusing me is your loop through ? Maybe tuner has inside connection.
Can your box view and record a different sat channel when no feed on second tuner.
Usually second tuner is disabled if no feed ?

One could try swapping settings over and use other tuner to rule out box issues pointing to a replacement lnb

nekrub2
07-05-23, 21:39
Thanks for checking the settings. Indeed the manual says if you have only one coax you should plug it in to B and set the A as loop through.
https://www.manua.ls/vu-plus/solo2/manual?p=15

Anyway, will test the settings on A, attach the coax to A and see if there is a difference on hotbird. If the issue persists I can at least exclude a box error. As I have no problem with astra I still assume it is the hotbird LNB and I would occasionally replace it. Hopefully I can manage this without moving the dish. I don't have the dish on my roof but in a corner of my house. At least there is no climbing.

cactikid
07-05-23, 21:49
Yes Lnb is on the end so no swinging like a monkey out of it.

Yes i did a search and they mentioned that as its a case of ruling things out.

Not looked at manual for that in years as always had everything plugged into both tuners.

Might need new F connectors as old ones be rotten over time and might not come off.