PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H8] CEC Support?

robbieb43
05-05-23, 15:10
I had been thinking about one of these for a bedroom box but noticed on a review from another site (well known Spanish site) that the reviewer said CEC was not available.

I was surprised since OpenVix clearly supports it as do most modern HDMI interfaces. Can anyone reliably confirm or deny this?

Thanks

Huevos
11-05-23, 11:10
Yes Vix supports it as long as the manufacturer's drivers for the box work properly.

robbieb43
12-05-23, 13:47
Yes and I think the otherwise silence on this thread answers my question. Shame as it looked good value otherwise.

Ev0
12-05-23, 14:33
Yes and I think the otherwise silence on this thread answers my question. Shame as it looked good value otherwise.

I have the box, but can not test HDMI-CEC as I use multiple HDMI switches, so it just can't work (well atleast not without causing massive confusion with my setup).

However I asked a friend of mine that also has the box and he says that HDMI-CEC works fine for him on his Sony Bravia tv.

But as an owner of this box, I wouldn't recommend it, it's cheap but for a reason, you would be far better off spending a little extra on a better box (even if you don't actually need 4K).

robbieb43
13-05-23, 08:50
Thanks Ev0 that is very interesting to hear. It was the compact size that initially attracted me and I have been pleased with both my Zgemma H7S’s. Disappointing support on my Edision made me eliminate them. Perhaps the Octagon SF 8008 may be a better choice despite the form factor.

Ev0
13-05-23, 10:41
Thanks Ev0 that is very interesting to hear. It was the compact size that initially attracted me and I have been pleased with both my Zgemma H7S’s. Disappointing support on my Edision made me eliminate them. Perhaps the Octagon SF 8008 may be a better choice despite the form factor.

The H11s is a better choice than the H8.2H (same dimensions, but far better cpu and more ram), but yes the Octagon SF8008 is the better box to go for, especially if you need the combo tuner.