PDA

View Full Version : System freeze !

TheRealDaddy
30-04-23, 11:45
Hey All , Me again. So the system keeps becoming unresponsive , this has happed 3 or 4 times now. Normally after a few days or so.

Screen image :-

On one occasion the system did repond but was taking 2 minutes to do so - IE click EPG and 2 minutes later the PIP shows on right hand side but no EPG. Basically like its grinding to a halt. You can not get an FTP or WEBIF connection either. The remote is working as you can see it flash on the front of the Vu box but channel up down does not change the channel , nothing tends to work.

FTP Message :-

I have attached the 2 crash log files with todays date on them here but i Assume the sedonf one 11:34 is the one you may need :-

Any help apreciated as I assume when this happens the recording wont work and as we are starting to use this now Sky has gone I am a little worried the wife is going to nag me. I have managed to keep this one from here :-). As you are aware she wanted to keep sky so I have spent 6 months convincing her ! lol. Hopefully we can find whats causing it and stop it.

Thanks in advance ,

Dave.

Joe_90
30-04-23, 12:57
I would suggest you change your EPG location settings to save on your HDD, rather than the flash memory as this will leave room for plugins etc. Also noticed that your picons are loaded to the HDD. These would be better in flash (gives quicker channel changes) unless you are running permanent timeshift (which keeps the disk running). I did notice one failed attempt of the OpenTV zapper (which downloads the EPG). This may have been because you were recording at the time. In any case, change the EPG location to the HDD, reboot and run a force download of the OpenTV zapper (blue button) and check if the EPG appears. For info - the EPG is maintained in the system RAM during normal running. It only gets saved to disk (or flash) when you shut down and is then reloaded when you boot.

TheRealDaddy
30-04-23, 18:54
Hi Joe , I have chhanged the EPG to be on the HDD now , Not sure how to change the pipcon location. I may have to re-install the plugin but will look later. The only thing is I have added a load of my own and changed the ones that are on there as some dont look good on my 4k EPG & LCD SCreen. I also have a new LNB for the 8 channel watching / recording so hopefully if it could not get the EPG then this will stop that.

Dave.

cactikid
30-04-23, 21:40
Query with EPG if it was on Internal Flash and yes i know it corrupts box and slows it down

Can / does delete EPG work from within Internal Flash as i know it wipes it from HDD or USB ?

Does one not have to reflash box to make it better ? I always wondered on this.

urie
01-05-23, 07:24
Query with EPG if it was on Internal Flash and yes i know it corrupts box and slows it down

Can / does delete EPG work from within Internal Flash as i know it wipes it from HDD or USB ?

Does one not have to reflash box to make it better ? I always wondered on this.

No you do not need to reflash box just change location in settings then you can save epg.dat to that location

TheRealDaddy
01-05-23, 11:49
How do i change picon location ?? Cant find a setting for it.

Dave.

cactikid
01-05-23, 12:46
No you do not need to reflash box just change location in settings then you can save epg.dat to that location

But you need to delete / remove it first from Internal Flash i think you mean?

cactikid
01-05-23, 12:48
How do i change picon location ?? Cant find a setting for it.

Dave.

I dont use Picons but think they mention Internal Flash ?

Mentioned here.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

TheRealDaddy
01-05-23, 15:00
Cheers mate , will have a look.

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
02-05-23, 17:24
Ok so I have done the EPG but not moved pipcons. Had a kip this afternoon and when i woke it had done the same again :-

Attahced the 2 logs - I assume one was after reboot and one before ?

Please help !! What next ??

Dave.

P.S Also why is the date time stamp on the logs incorrect ?? IE 01/01/1970 00:03:46

cactikid
02-05-23, 18:44
Box with no internet and reflashing i have seen wrong date on box many times.

Is your box hard wired permanently.

TheRealDaddy
02-05-23, 23:55
Yes hard wired , but thinking about it if the system loses connection (it does loose network connection when it starts going wrong as i cant connect to it via ftp or webif) then it cant get a date time from internet but would still write data to the log.

Dave.

cactikid
03-05-23, 00:52
Yes hard wired , but thinking about it if the system loses connection (it does loose network connection when it starts going wrong as i cant connect to it via ftp or webif) then it cant get a date time from internet but would still write data to the log.

Dave.

Your not using an old Mg cam that would Ddos the box?

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 07:51
Not sure what that is ??

Dave.

cactikid
03-05-23, 11:38
It was an old SoftCam from many years ago and gave boxes issues but i doubt its in use now.

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 11:42
Ah kk , What does it do ?? Found the option but dont think its on as far as I can tell.

Dave.

P.S Going to try and put the other LNB up today !

cactikid
03-05-23, 12:45
It was an old decryption cam and would have been seen in your RED plugins remove options.

When the brains read the logs might know more.

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 14:36
Hopefully someone does , the wife is giving me some grief !

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
04-05-23, 20:10
Same again today , This time it was in Pause. There is 3 files with todays date on here :-

Had to Zip as one is over 4 meg !

Please Please Help !

Dave.

P.S Why are all the dates incorrect on the log ? IE. 01/01/1970 00:01:49

cactikid
04-05-23, 20:34
Could box be losing internet connection ?

TheRealDaddy
05-05-23, 08:11
I dont think so , It looses connection when box crashes. The log says its connected here even though the datetime stamp is incorrect :-

CHANGE config.crash.debug_path=/home/root/logs/
< 31.8043> [CamControl] self.name=softcam
< 31.8047> [CamControl] self.link=/etc/init.d/softcam
< 31.8053> [CamControl][getList] returnlist=['None']
< 31.8620> [Timezones] Setting time zone to 'Europe/London'.
< 31.8638> [Timezones] Local time is 'Thu 04-May-2023 19:53:37' - UTC time is 'Thu 04-May-2023 18:53:37'.
< 31.9134> [keymapparser] keymap file /usr/share/enigma2/keytranslation.xml not found
< 31.9267> [Network] read configured interface: {'lo': {'dhcp': False}, 'eth0': {'dhcp': True}}
< 31.9273> [Network] self.ifaces after loading: {'eth0': {'up': True, 'dhcp': True, 'preup': False, 'predown': False, 'ip': [192, 168, 1, 227], 'netmask': [255, 255, 255, 0], 'bcast': [192, 168, 1, 255], 'mac': '00:1d:ec:17:e1:62', 'gateway': [192, 168, 1, 254]}}

At this point (As far as I can tell) its got date & time but stamp is 31.9273 = 01/01/1970 00:00:32. Still incorrect ?

I dont know all of the ins and out of the logs and what the different things in there mean.

Dave.

adm
05-05-23, 08:24
Same again today , This time it was in Pause. There is 3 files with todays date on here :-

Had to Zip as one is over 4 meg !

Please Please Help !

Dave.

P.S Why are all the dates incorrect on the log ? IE. 01/01/1970 00:01:49

1970 is what you get when the box cannot get a time or date

https://kb.narrative.io/what-is-unix-time

Are you obtaining the initial time over the Internet or from the transponder (the option is in one of the menus)

TheRealDaddy
05-05-23, 08:29
Transponder time, Its is always correct on the box itself :-

As I said the box does loose connection to internet when the 'VIX' starts to spin in top right and the system grinds to a halt. Always comes back on after power on and off via the rear switch.

Dave.

P.S Thanks for your help, Realy needed here.

TheRealDaddy
06-05-23, 08:25
Ok same again this morning , Vix spinning. No response from the box. Had to switch off and back on again.

Anyone else shed any light ? Is it just me getting this ??

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
07-05-23, 14:19
And same again today , Is this a software fault or a box fault ???

Please help,

Dave.

cactikid
07-05-23, 17:48
With no one answering i would be reflashing box with a new image and setting it up a fresh install incase box had a bug ?.

Remember your settings you are using to make things easier + set up logs again and epg location.

TheRealDaddy
08-05-23, 11:38
Yeh is suppsoe its an option , A night mare as I would need to save bouquets as its will be a nightmare to redo all of them. Other option is to return it for a new one as It could be the box and its brand new.

Shame no one willing or can help :-(

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
08-05-23, 12:19
I realy cant see it being the box , I think its software IE Openvix ?? Or could it simply be the skin , But i suppsoe no matter what skin its whats happening in the background that counts and that the openvix software. Maybe I could try more openpli ect ?? Surely others must be getting the same issues ?? I chose Vu Plus and Openvix as reading they are the 2 best options.

Dave.

cactikid
08-05-23, 12:49
Any time users have an issue and before they send boxes back they will be asked to reflash box with new image and start from scratch no settings backup or plugins reloaded.

Its all about ruling things out. Skins can have have issues and you can choose another one .

I have bought many boxes from Wos and returned 2 faulty one had a lan issue and took over 1 week to find the issue.

I have always used Vix as i like it and simple to use.

If they dont find a fault it will get sent back to you.

User error is possible is why and i dont see it as its something silly.

Handy thing is you can download image to box and flash it via remote
When i setup from new i scan in my channels on sats + use ABM or Vhannibal for multi sats + many other options in Setings plugins for different options of channel lists.
Setup EPG to HDD.
Lan connection hard wired to router or switch.
Setup logs again as starting afresh .
I never bothered about my own list as got used to use Bouquets for my channels.

TheRealDaddy
08-05-23, 13:18
Yeh I may have too , I have to set mine up as I use IPTV and I use the box to do it. All in one place then.

Dave.

Thanks again for your help.

cactikid
08-05-23, 14:36
Ah i wonder if something is configured with IPTV has changed , i dont use it so cannot say on this one.

TheRealDaddy
08-05-23, 20:19
I cant see IPTV making much difference but who knows ! I have changed the skin to simple 1080 to see if it makes any difference.

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 17:30
Ok so firrstly want to thanks everyone especially cactikid for all your help.

I have changed the Skin to Simple 1080 and its not gone wrong once since. Its been 5 days and was going wrong everyday so I can assume it was just the skin. I am very surprised as I am sure many people must be using that skin, Unsure what withing the skin is causing issues. Hopefully I have not spoke to soon and the issue re emerges but fingers crossed :-)

Dave.

cactikid
12-05-23, 20:34
Glad to hear something has worked for you at last as nothing worse than a box with issues.
All the best now M8.

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 20:50
Thanks Mate , Just need to get this damn LNB working now ! lol

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
21-05-23, 22:24
Yeh spoke to soon doing it again , weird thing is its loads better with different skin. Was doing it everyday now doed it once a week. Just done it while watching recording.

Can anyone shed some light on it ??

Thanks,

Dave.