PDA

View Full Version : My luck neever changes ......... HELP !

TheRealDaddy
21-04-23, 10:00
Hey all , Me again !!!! Yeh so I decided to purchase the Unicable LMB and got a GT S2dCSS24, I had to purchase from Amazon sadly as world of satalite were out of them. I also purchased the bracket so I could attach this to my Sky Dish.

So I chose a wet day to fit the damn thing and as I am unwell I struggled a bit but managed to get it up there (On top of roof) and also wire it in. I changed the settings as per this information from here (Thanks Abu Great work ont this !) :-

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60640-GT-Sat-GT-dLNB1DY-and-tuner-configuration

I then test the signal & nothing at all in the signal finder (Main Menu/Setup/Signal finder) and everything on 0% No SNR , no AGB nothing at all. A bit confused I decided to connect the Tuner B for now to the Legacy port (There is 2 on the LNB) as I assume this works as normal ?? Either way I came back in and nothing at all. Now I assume I would have to play with the LNB to get the best signal (Move a bit check signla , Move a big , check signal ect ect) But I am getting nothing at all no matter what I do.

The only thing I did notice is that this has come all the way from Italy and there is a sheet with German & Italian and at the bottom says "The dLNB is programmed to Italian and German frequencies" is this justt not programmed for UK ??

Image below :-

Am I missing something somewhere ??

Thanks,

Dave.

LNB From here (Plenty of italian reviews !) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GEGDVFA?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

abu baniaz
21-04-23, 10:19
Please post the tuner configuration screenshots for each individual tuner. Not the overview. I.e enter the tuner and then take a screenshot. I bet you said yes to the connected question for the tuner with actual cable?

TheRealDaddy
21-04-23, 10:39
Hi Abu , I only setup tuner A to test first I used :-

Tuner A

Configuration mode: Advanced
Satellite: 28.2E
LNB: LNB 1
Priority: Auto
Type of LNB/Device: SCR(Unicable/Jess)
SCR (Unicable/JESS) type: LNB
Manufacturer: GT-Sat
Model: dLNB dHello
Channel: Userband 1 (0975)
Connected: No (This is because the tuner has its own signal wire. You are not getting signal via another tuner.)
DiSEqC mode: None
Force legacy signal stats: No

Dave.

Willo3092
21-04-23, 10:40
Those SCR's are the same as the ones I'm using in the UK.

SCR 1 - 0975
SCR 2 - 1025
SCR 3 - 1075
SCR 4 - 1125
SCR 5 - 1175
SCR 6 - 1225
SCR 7 - 1275
SCR 8 - 1325
SCR 9 - 1375
SCR 10 - 1425
SCR 11 - 1475
SCR 12 - 1525
SCR 13 - 1575
SCR 14 - 1625
SCR 15 - 1675
SCR 16 - 1725
SCR 17 - 1775
SCR 18 - 1825
SCR 19 - 1875
SCR 20 - 1925
SCR 21 - 1975
SCR 22 - 2025
SCR 23 - 2075
SCR 24 - 2125

If there is a cable connected to the tuner you need to set connected to 'yes'.

TheRealDaddy
21-04-23, 10:44
Thanks for your reply Willo , I had Tuner B Connected to the legacy and set to Yes , Got nothing from that one either. I had the settings as per Abu's instructions above.

Dave.

P.S Am i correct in saying i can connect the 2 Sat cables to the Legacy and they should work exactly the same as the sky LNB ? I assume they are legacy ?

Willo3092
21-04-23, 11:14
I've got a GT-S3DCSS24 LNB with a unicable output and 3 legacy outputs.

First picture is my Xtrend ET8500 with standard tuners connected to the unicable output.
Second picture is an AX61 with standard tuners connected to a legacy output.

abu baniaz
21-04-23, 11:27
If there is a cable connected to the tuner you need to set connected to 'yes'.
If the tuner has its own wire, you must say no.

@therealdaddy,
Post screenshots from your receiver, not what you are reading from.

Willo3092
21-04-23, 11:31
If the tuner has its own wire, you must say no.

Sorry, you're right Abu. You only set connected when it is connecting to another tuner with a cable attached.

TheRealDaddy
21-04-23, 11:38
I have put the old LNB back up , I will try again one day next week and report back.

Thanks All,

Dave.

Willo3092
21-04-23, 12:40
I have put the old LNB back up , I will try again one day next week and report back.

I've had the situation before where the centre wire on the coaxial isn't long enough and worked on some LNB's (or tuners) and not others.
Might be worthwhile remaking the connectors when the weather is better. (so long as they're not compression fittings).

TheRealDaddy
21-04-23, 12:46
Thanks Willo , Yeah weather is shocking !!! I just managed get the old LNB up before the heavens opened. I am off work after Wednesday so should have time.

I just dont understand no signal at all :-(

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 12:27
Ok so back up the ladders today - Cheked cable and is ok. I have just pugged the one in now to tuner A and into the Blue port on the LNB. As requested I have configured as below (All 8)

Took pic of A , B & H - Inbetween only change is the user band as suggested.

I get this :-

There is no signal at all - Help !!

Dave.

Cant get rid of the Attched Thumbnails !!! It was a pick i took so i had original settings and added it by accident.

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 13:16
Additional , I just tried to use the cables to the new sky satalite dish (A seperate dish to the one I have attached the new LNB too) and there is no signal from that either , Are the new LNB's from sky any different ?? I am confused as I though any sky dish would work ?

Dave.

abu baniaz
03-05-23, 13:16
Have you tried to scan or just using signal finder?

abu baniaz
03-05-23, 13:17
Additional , I just tried to use the cables to the new sky satalite dish (A seperate dish to the one I have attached the new LNB too) and there is no signal from that either , Are the new LNB's from sky any different ?? I am confused as I though any sky dish would work ?

Dave.
Dish does not matter, apart from lnb collar size. However type of LNB does. You cannot use Wideband LNBs with enigma2 receivers. When you test, the tuner must be configured to match the apparatus hooked up to it.

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 13:20
Yes scan gives nothing. I have 2 dishes :-

1) Had a normal LNB and was useinf fine - Now fitted the Uni Cable LNB onto that.

2) A brand new dish put up with sky , original LNB get noting from that. Are these Wide LNB then maybe ?

I was going to use the new sky dish as a temporary and spare dish why i got the other Uni LNB wokring.

If i try the 2 legacy ports on the new LNB these should work as normal right ?

Dave.

abu baniaz
03-05-23, 14:02
Post pictures of LNBs on both dishes at the moment. Please do not mention anything about past.

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 14:21
We can just concentrate on the new Uni Cable one for now, other is to high for me to reach !.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

P.S If i cant figure it I shall just have to get a satalite guy to fit it.

abu baniaz
03-05-23, 14:36
OK, we will not be discussing new dish with wideband/legacy outputs.

Your unicable LNb, does it have legacy/universal ports too? Have you tried those output and setting tuner as simple, single 28.2?

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 14:40
Yeh i get nothing from there either, Why i though the LNB could be faulty.

Dave.

abu baniaz
03-05-23, 14:50
The ports are actually separate.

You are not getting anything from Unicable ouput when tuner is correctly configured
You are not getting anything output from universal output when tuner is correctly configured. I presume you have checked the F-plugs are still connected correctly. And that you are not mixing up the wires?

You said you cannot reach the other sky LNB. Are you able to test your box at another location (not with a wideband LNB for Sky Q)?

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 15:02
I switched cables around to make siure i had the correct one and nother from anything

I have just tried the wideband LNB (New one) on my sansung TV thorugh the sat ports on there and nothing works on that - assume Samsung TV not wideband compatible.

I cant reach the other dish it was to far up so I cant mess with that one.

I will refit the old LNB (Sky one but a 4 port legacy one). Works fibe with old LNB so assume cabling is ok.

Dave.

abu baniaz
03-05-23, 15:15
If old universal LNB on reachable dish (where the unicable one is/was) works with both cables, then safe to say unicable LNB is faulty.

The only devices that will work with wideband LNBs are the SkyQ boxes and Arris Freesat boxes. There are unicable switches that are compatible with wideband lnbs.

TheRealDaddy
03-05-23, 15:28
Yeh it has to be the LNB right ??

Re Fitted the old LNB , Shocking AGC but its working fine and picture is good and stable :-

I am tempted to get a sat engineer to go up on the peek of my roof and change the Wideband LNB with the unicable one (When i have it repleced !) Its a better signal as we have huge tree's out back.

Thanks for all your help all,

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
04-05-23, 18:11
Sent old one back , Ordered a new one. World of satalite still not got none sadly.

Dave.

adm
04-05-23, 20:19
Yeh it has to be the LNB right ??

Re Fitted the old LNB , Shocking AGC but its working fine and picture is good and stable :-

I am tempted to get a sat engineer to go up on the peek of my roof and change the Wideband LNB with the unicable one (When i have it repleced !) Its a better signal as we have huge tree's out back.

Thanks for all your help all,

Dave.

That's not necessarily a shocking AGC

AGC = Automatic Gain Control

In General
High signal input = low AGC value
Low signal input = high AGC value

Also check multiple transponders.

Huge trees out the back may not be a problem

Go to www.dishpointer.com
1) In one of the boxes select the satellite which is "28.2E Astra E, Astra F, Astra G"
2) Put your postcode in the other box and press GO
3) You will get a map of your location which has an option to change to an aerial photo. You can zoom into your house.
4) On the map/photo you get a green line pointing to the satellite. Click on the green blob at the end of the green line and drag it to the location where your dish is positioned
5) In the corner of the map/photo there should be a options tick box "Show obstacles line of sight checker"
6) This will put a red blob on the line which you can click on to move. This will show the height of the signal for which to get a for clear signal. Are the trees lower than this value?

TheRealDaddy
04-05-23, 20:30
Brill thanks !!! Here is the image :-

Nice to know the AGC not shcoking as well. In all honesty whe they woman from sky said the signal was not good enough for sky so she put a new one on the peak of the roof , I didnt think it would make much differecne. I know there are trees and they are high but had no issues in the 8 years I been here.

Dave.

P.S If i can just stop the damn box from freezing I should be ok ! Help Needed :- https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?66039-System-freeze-!/page2

adm
04-05-23, 20:41
Brill thanks !!! Here is the image :-

Nice to know the AGC not shcoking as well. In all honesty whe they woman from sky said the signal was not good enough for sky so she put a new one on the peak of the roof , I didnt think it would make much differecne. I know there are trees and they are high but had no issues in the 8 years I been here.

The red blob height is actually referenced to the bottom of your dish. If your dish is mounted 6 metres high then the red blob height shown in your photo is 6m + 18m from the ground

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 17:24
So the saga continues ............

I decided to get a satalite engineer out to do this as I am realy not well enought to be going up ladders and damn near killed me last time !!!

New LNB turned up and the guy came today to fit. He fitted the LNB and I said we would try the LEGACY first , He did use his meter and move the dish slightly but unlike before I got a signal on the legacy and programs workded !!!! Image below :-

I was excited now. Then he plugged the cable into the CSS bit and nothing at all again, we tried both cables and configured the same as to test everything and nothing. I tried to tune as well and zip :-(. The guy mention that the LNB was tuned to German and Italian the same as I mention above and said technically is should not work. I had said other had the same one and had no issues and the instructions says use (0975) for band 1 and I did. I am totally confused and frustrated to as why this does not work. I have left the LNB up and connected the 2 ports to the legacy for now. I did not take any pictutres of the signal tester screen when i has the CSS connected but I did take an image of the tuning screen that confused me even more. I had selected 28.2 (as above image, same as before) and the system keeps saying its 30.5 E Arabsat - What in gods name is this ?? The settings had 28 set so where is that even coming from ??? See image :-

Ands then when I tried to change it back to simple after connecting the LEGACY again i get this :-

Select yes and it all works fine again through the Legacy.

I am litrelly in tears at the minute , I have been to the hardware store to get some rope !!!!

The only thing I notice is that on Willo's screen shot the make was different :-

And I am using ' DLNB Hello ' as per instructions - Will this make a differene ???

Any ideas what to do next ??? (Not with the rope with the LNb ! lol)

Dave.

P.S Cost me £45 for the satalite guy as well.......

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 17:32
Is this LNB on a motorised dish?

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 17:35
No static dish Abu. SKy dish :-

Dave.

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 17:38
You have messed up the tuner configuration. The factory reset has options to reset tuner settings, you can experiment with it. Aternatively, flash your image again, do not restore settings after it reboots. Download/Save the page with the tuner config advice just in case you have internet access issues.

Please transfer the file called "settings" located in /etc/enigma2 to your PC. Zip and upload it here. I am sure it has errors.

Joe_90
12-05-23, 17:41
Is this LNB on a motorised dish?

My thoughts also. But I see on the settings screen some posts back that the setting are "Advanced", rather than "Simple". Do Unicable LNBs require "Advanced"? The OP selected "Automatic Scan" rather than "Single Satellite" in the first screenshot in post #29, so the system is presumably searching through multiple satellites.

EDIT - I thought the engineer was working on the roof dish? The dish in the photo in post #31 is on a gable wall. I'm confused:confused:

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 17:53
Unicable LNBs need to be in advanced. The tricky thing with advanced one is that you can configure an LNB incorrectly, change to a different satellite and configure it correctly. The incorrect one will still be there although not in plain sight. I suspect this is what has happened, he has set 30E by mistake.

Manual scan is more controlled than automatic scan.

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 17:59
He has gone offline. Shall we call 999.

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 18:19
Yeh call 999 !! lol , I am not hanging just yet.

" EDIT - I thought the engineer was working on the roof dish? The dish in the photo in post #31 is on a gable wall. I'm confused " - Yes he wanted another £40 as the higher one would need to be removed to fit the LNB as it was too high. I will get a pick of that one.

Give me a minute I will get the settings.

" he has set 30E by mistake. " I did check this a few times and was always on 28.2 when i went back into settings.

Dave.

P.S I need to go up myself and plug cable into lnb so may be tomorrow.

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 18:22
Settings :-

Dave.

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 18:23
I see you have several wires there, if they all come to same place, connect them up too so you don't have to keep going up/down.

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 18:29
You have this for tuner A, so box has been told there is a 30.5e LNB there too.

config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.305.lnb=1

Once you reconnect wire, go back in tuner A, where it says 28.2, scroll till it says 30.5. Disable 30.5, save. Go back to 28.2, save again. That will get rid of it.

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 18:30
Ye sadly the other 2 go into the conservatory , The nice sky lady cut the other 2 that used to go in there !!!! Didnt realise else I would have told her to leave them.

Let me know if you think i need to flash the image again.

Dave.

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 18:32
No need to reflash, just the change I mentioned about 30.5

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 18:45
Brill leave it with me and I will give it a crack tomorrow.

Dave.

Rope back it its box untill then. I did search for "How to tie a noose" and first in the list is samaritins number !! Should not joke to be fair I have lost a few people with suicide and mental health is a realy big thing and should be.

abu baniaz
12-05-23, 19:51
Yes, indeed.

If the wires leading to the conservatory that were cut can be extended, it might be worth your while connecting the other two cables while you are up the ladder.

Joe_90
12-05-23, 20:31
Brill leave it with me and I will give it a crack tomorrow.

Dave.

Rope back it its box untill then. I did search for "How to tie a noose" and first in the list is samaritins number !! Should not joke to be fair I have lost a few people with suicide and mental health is a realy big thing and should be.

Yep, maybe not. Lost my wedding groomsman from 46 years ago to suicide last year.

TheRealDaddy
12-05-23, 20:49
Sorry to hear that mate , I lost a friend when he was just 18. All over a woman as well , Should never have happened.

Dave.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 09:22
Once you reconnect wire, go back in tuner A, where it says 28.2, scroll till it says 30.5. Disable 30.5, save. Go back to 28.2, save again. That will get rid of it.

Where is disable ?? Not plugged cable in yet ( Will get ladders in an hour ) but just gone in , selected advance , scrolled to 30.5 Arabsat 5A/6A but cant see disbale ??? I cant see it

Can i just delete the line ' config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.305.lnb=1 ' from the config and upload it ??

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 12:05
Keep the second line on 30.5. On the third line, where it says LNB1, press left till it says "not configured". Make sure you save the changes by pressing green when you finish.

If you want to manually edit the file called settings, you can do so. But enigma2 must be stopped by issuing an "init 4" command first with putty/terminal or similar. Then edit file, save, ensure transfer completes. Restart with an "init 3" command.

If you want to take clearer screenshots, see following thread:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 12:18
Gotcha , done that now. It may be tomoz as the wife is forcing me to go shopping now so gowd nows when I will be back !

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 12:39
Just to query your cabling, is the following correct?

1 - Shotgun cable A. To Sitting room. Connected to Vu
2 - Shotgun cable A. To Sitting room. Not connected.
3 - Shotgun cable B. To Conservatory, severed.
4 - Shotgun cable B. To Conservatory, severed.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 12:59
Sort of there is actually 6 cables they are :-

1) Cable A to living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
2) Cable A To living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
3) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected)
4) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected)
5) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.)
6) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.)

If they had not cut the other 2 - Cable C's (Unsure why they did, If i had seen her about to do it I would have stopped her !) then I would have used 1 for CSS and the other 2 for Legacy. Typical !

Oh there is another 2 connected to the other dish that has the Wideband LNB thats useless ! (Way to high for me to get too - WIll get pics)

WAY TO HIGH ! (I shat myself doing to the other !)

The Cut & Yes she left the gaurd like that , cracking job ??? :-

The split that goes to conservatory :-

Cheers ,

Dave.

Unsure why images have been rotated ?

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 14:38
Thanks for the pictures. There is a bit of disparity between your pictures and description. Your LNB has three outputs, you have stated that four wires are connected.

I will just repeat my golden rule of tuner configuration:
Tuner configuration for each tuner must match what is hooked up to it.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 16:14
1) Cable A to living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
2) Cable A To living room (Currently connected to legacy on the new LNB & connected to VU+)
3) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected) **** NOT CONNECTED *****
4) Cable B to conservatory (Not cut just connected) **** NOT CONNECTED *****
5) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.) **** NOT CONNECTED *****
6) Cable C Another cable to living room - Servered (You cant see it in pictures its tied at the top out od the way, Cut before hole in the wall.) **** NOT CONNECTED *****

Yes 3 outputs on LNB but only A (1 & 2) is connected and connected to legacy until i go up and move one to CSS.

The picture was an old picture I originalg took to show the dish the LNB had not been fitted when that was took !! sorry for confusion.

Going up soon.
Dave.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 16:39
Ok been up , Connected one of the cables to CSS connected (The cotrect one) toTuner A on Vu+. So there is only one cable connected to tuner A the other is not connected.

Rear of VU+ - I assume this is tuner A ?

Settings :-

Signal Tester :-

And a service scan (This took seconds to compete ??)

Still nothing !

EDIT :-

1) I have also changed the Model to GT-S2dCSS24 from the DLNB-Hello one just incase.
2) I confirmed that I am using the correct tuner (A)

I have a spare VU+ solo2 Does this have the ability to for CSS ?? If so I can plug that in and flash it with latest and try on there save cocking all my channels and settings up (Incase its not that)

Dave.

I have a small tree in the front garden .......

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 17:50
Your pictures does not reflect what you have said. Can you please state the current physical setup. Can you then state the current tuner setup (all 8) or attach the output of:
cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt ( a text file will be created in /tmp/ directory)

Please refrain from mentioning anything of the past, we need to talk about the current setup. Also, you mentioned that you had reception issues where the lower dish is. Surely it makes sense to scan the whole satellite and not just one transponder? Let me know if you want me to teamviewer across.

All Enigma2 receivers support unicable

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 18:01
Ok let me start a fresh so no confusion.

I have a sky dish with a Unicable LNB fitted and aligned by an engineer.

I have 2 Cable coming into the living room where the box VU+ Is.

I have connected one end of the cable to the DCSS on the LNB and the other to the VU+ box. The other cable is disocnnected, So just one is plugged into VU+.

So just to be clear there is one cable plugged into the LNB that goes into the VU+ box.

I have for now just configured Tuner A & B as follows.

Tuner A :-

Tuner B :-

All the rest I have left Inactive. As you can see there is no preview at all as its not working. I can try the signal tester and also shows nothing.

If i change the cable to legacy on LNB and plug into tuner A it works fine, Signal test is 100%.

Hope this explains well enough.

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 18:09
Do not use signal finder, use manual scan instead. In Manual scan, select single satellite, then scan.

Information, do not take action:
At dish end, I would have hooked up one cable to Unicable output and one cable to universal output. This would allow me option to swap cables and use different part of LNB while testing without having to go up/down the ladder.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 18:19
This is a picture of manual scan. Please ensure that you select single satellite.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 18:25
" At dish end, I would have hooked up one cable to Unicable output and one cable to universal output " - I have I just didnt want to complicate things.

Ok Gone to manual scan here :-

Scan taking a while - No channels found :-

And scan finsihed with nothing found :-

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 18:29
" At dish end, I would have hooked up one cable to Unicable output and one cable to universal output " - I have I just didnt want to complicate things.

Put receiver into deep standby and then swap the cables over at the beck of the receiver. You may have mixed up the cables. Do not touch tuner configuration. Then repeat the manual scan.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 18:41
Same result as above no channels found.

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 18:47
Please label the wires using coloured tape or text. Then connect the Solo 2. Connect the signal wire you believe to be the one hooked up to the unicable output of LNB. Flash new image, do not restore settings. Set it as unicable to begin with then repeat the manual scan.

Are you 100% sure that this wire is fine?

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 19:10
Yes wire is fine and works perfectly when plugged into the Legacy port. I can record and signal is gine through both.

So I have connected my VU+ solo2 as above and same result -.

I can only assume this is a second faulty LNB then ???? Or am I jumping the gun ??

Dave.

I will plug in the Legacy wire in a minute and tune to make sure.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 19:27
So i tested both cables incase I had mixed them up but I havnt as none worked.

Plugged the Legacy cacle back in (Now confirmed as correct), Changed settings to simple and started tuning .......

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 19:37
Let scan finish and report back with how many channels are found.

Does not look good for your LNB.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 19:48
600 Odd channels as normal.

Told you my luck never changes didnt I ? I dont think I have the energy or money to get it changed and swapped out.

I may have to stick wih being able to watch 1 and record 1.

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 19:56
You should be getting 850+. You are aware of obstruction.

If it is faulty, surely it is down to the seller.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 20:00
Yeh Amazon will refund and I can order another , But then I have to pay for it to be fitted again as I struggled with the first one. Bare in mind this is now the second LNB I have had.

It may have been more channels I didnt realy take much notice. There is no obstruction according to the guy who came to fit the LNB , I didnt think there was either it was the lady from sky who said there was.

I never have issues with video audio , Never have done.

Dave.

abu baniaz
13-05-23, 20:29
When you get a chance, please repeat the scan and read what it says at end. It tells you how many channels it found.

Where are you? Maybe one of the members here is near to you and can give you a hand if you decide to change it.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 20:32
Will rescan on the Vu+ Uno 4K tomorrow.

Dave.

Thanks for your help.

TheRealDaddy
13-05-23, 21:30
Ok managed to do this tonight 864 channels :-

Dave.

abu baniaz
03-07-23, 16:29
Just saw on another forum that someone got one that was programmed to use 16 out of the 24 SCRs for the Italian market. It also uses different frequencies.
scrs ="1210,1420,1680,2040,985,1050,1115,1275,1340,1485 ,1550,1615,1745,1810,1875,1940"/>

You can use the Maclean Unicable II MCTV-785 selection for now.

Brava210
11-01-24, 11:40
I had this exact problem with a GT Unicable LNB from Amazon.
I have now set the LNB as suggested by @abu baniaz and it works a treat

abu baniaz
11-01-24, 17:36
Just for information, we added the model GT-S2dCSS24 - Italy model to the list of devices. Important thing is that you select an entry with matching frequencies.

<product name="GT-S2dCSS24 - Italy" format="jess" bootuptime="2500" scrs ="1210,1420,1680,2040,985,1050,1115,1275,1340,1485 ,1550,1615,1745,1810,1875,1940"/> <!-- Programmed for 16 SCR only for the Italian market -->