PDA

View Full Version : forum notifications bug?

mIcHyAmRaNe
19-04-23, 22:18
Hello

since i joined the forum, i'm not getting any notifications about my threads or posts where i'm mentioned
i always have to check threads manually by myself, and sometimes it's not that easy to remember all threads where we participate

hope that it will be resolved

thank you

adm
20-04-23, 08:06
Hello

since i joined the forum, i'm not getting any notifications about my threads or posts where i'm mentioned
i always have to check threads manually by myself, and sometimes it's not that easy to remember all threads where we participate

hope that it will be resolved

thank you

You don't get notifications.

Try just reading new posts (it's one of the shortcuts on the menu bar). There are not that many new posts per day and it saves you from having to trawl through various forum categories.

Huevos
20-04-23, 20:35
You must have notifications turned off in your profile. By default it is enabled. Or your email provider is blocking the emails.

Joe_90
20-04-23, 21:25
You must have notifications turned off in your profile. By default it is enabled. Or your email provider is blocking the emails.

You sure about that? I've never (knowingly) turned off notifications, but I've never received one. I went into my profile settings just now and don't see anything about notifications.

Huevos
20-04-23, 21:36
In your settings, "default thread subscription mode".

Joe_90
20-04-23, 23:59
Ok , thanks @Huevos - but the default is not to receive notifications by email. I think you would have to turn it on explicitly.

adm
21-04-23, 10:51
You sure about that? I've never (knowingly) turned off notifications, but I've never received one. I went into my profile settings just now and don't see anything about notifications.

I've not knowingly set notifications to off and in 9 years never received a notification about replies to posts. I thing I get a notification about a PM but its a long time since I receiv=ced a PM to be sure.

Willo3092
21-04-23, 11:27
These settings work for me.

Joe_90
21-04-23, 11:51
I've not knowingly set notifications to off and in 9 years never received a notification about replies to posts. I thing I get a notification about a PM but its a long time since I receiv=ced a PM to be sure.

Yep - the default setting is "off" for thread subscription emails. PM/DM posts do generate notifications.