PDA

View Full Version : Remote

ant500
19-04-23, 16:25
Finding the remote is not very responsive and have to push remote buttons twice just to get menu up is this normal for most using the octagon sf8008.... plus finding when you power the box up it takes about 15 to 20 seconds before it comes alive is this also normal...is there anything I can try to improve it

Using atv open image plus tried open vix too just to see if it made any difference and yes new batteries in remote lol

cactikid
19-04-23, 17:11
Is this from off/on switch or remote just to clarify

deltec
19-04-23, 17:22
It might need replacing is it under gar

adm
19-04-23, 19:00
Finding the remote is not very responsive and have to push remote buttons twice just to get menu up is this normal for most using the octagon sf8008.... plus finding when you power the box up it takes about 15 to 20 seconds before it comes alive is this also normal...is there anything I can try to improve it

My Xtrend 10k box with openvix
60 seconds from deep standby to fully on.
approx 2 seconds from standby

Deep standby turns off most functionality to give less than 0.5W consumption. It still wakes up for timer recordings.

cactikid
19-04-23, 19:09
Never used deep standby on any of my boxes so would not know of how long.

Huevos
20-04-23, 20:41

Using atv open image plus tried open vix too just to see if it made any difference and yes new batteries in remote lolChange the batteries in the remote. Make sure there is nothing blocking it like a glass cabinet door. The remote must have a clear unobstructed path to the receiver. 15-20 seconds for a complete boot is pretty rapid.

ant500
20-04-23, 22:55
Seems to be a bit of confusion this is a new box and with new batteries in remote .. to boot out of standby takes 5 seconds but when accessing in the menu or to change channel I am finding that I have to push the bottons on the remote 3 or 4 times befote the box becomes responsive and takes action

cactikid
20-04-23, 23:07
If you have new batteries try them to rule out bad batteries.

Sorry i see you said new batteries were fitted

Huevos
20-04-23, 23:08
So something is loaded on that box that enigma is waiting for. Maybe picons on a sleeping drive.

Joe_90
20-04-23, 23:50
Just to explain - if you have picons installed, they should be on the internal flash (or on a USB flash drive). If you have them on an HDD, then, when you use the remote or change the channel etc., the picons will have to be fetched from the HDD which will have to seek to find them at minimum, or actually spin up from idle.

adm
21-04-23, 11:08
Just to explain - if you have picons installed, they should be on the internal flash (or on a USB flash drive). If you have them on an HDD, then, when you use the remote or change the channel etc., the picons will have to be fetched from the HDD which will have to seek to find them at minimum, or actually spin up from idle.

This can be ruled out as the cause by having timeshift permanently enabled and the disk never spinning down into sleep mode.

Joe_90
21-04-23, 11:42
The OP may not have timeshift enabled. Still a seek involved in fetching picons if they are on a HDD, even with timeshift. Best location is the box flash if you have the space, or external USB stick or SSD.