PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo4K] Unresponsive after update

duoduo
19-04-23, 09:44
Hi guys

I update via USB flash this morning from 6.2 to 6.3.7. On reboot, my receiver is stuck at the restore wizard screen and remote has become unresponsive. I can't get past this, any ideas please?

twol
19-04-23, 10:12
Hi guys

I update via USB flash this morning from 6.2 to 6.3.7. On reboot, my receiver is stuck at the restore wizard screen and remote has become unresponsive. I can't get past this, any ideas please?

1. why did usb restore and not use ImageManager?
2. have you tried saying No to the restore?

Its obviously found a settings backup somewhere and should then accept OK or No. If reflashing doesn,t solve the issue, try this.....

Access the receiver with putty or similar. (If you normally let the system allocate an IP, it may have changed .......
login root (password will be blank at this point)
init 4 (space between)
enigma2 ...................................... and then see what the terminal log shows

duoduo
19-04-23, 10:14
Image manager can be temperamental sometimes and I've not done USB for a while so thought a clean flash would be best. I can't choose any option, the remote just won't work.

duoduo
19-04-23, 10:16
Yes IP has changed and can't login to the receiver

duoduo
19-04-23, 10:51
Tried 6.3.1 flash and same issue guys

duoduo
19-04-23, 10:59
Found the ip through my router and used the ip to login on my phone. Used the remote option and then back in ����

twol
19-04-23, 12:59
Image manager can be temperamental sometimes and I've not done USB for a while so thought a clean flash would be best. I can't choose any option, the remote just won't work.

No Imagemanager is not tempermental unless there is an issue(which will be fixed) , whereas I get tired of all the people that cannot usb flash until they find a readable usb stick.

twol
19-04-23, 12:59
Found the ip through my router and used the ip to login on my phone. Used the remote option and then back in ����

So fixed? Or not?

duoduo
19-04-23, 13:35
No Imagemanager is not tempermental unless there is an issue(which will be fixed) , whereas I get tired of all the people that cannot usb flash until they find a readable usb stick.

Understand if its time off the month for you, but consider how you communicate. I'm not someone who's only just started using satellite receivers. If I say image manager can be temperamental, then it is. I've no issue using a USB to flash, the flashing caused an issue and I needed support.

Yes I've fixed the issue and all working again

twol
19-04-23, 16:40
Understand if its time off the month for you, but consider how you communicate. I'm not someone who's only just started using satellite receivers. If I say image manager can be temperamental, then it is. I've no issue using a USB to flash, the flashing caused an issue and I needed support.

Yes I've fixed the issue and all working again
So what was the issue, so we can all learn from you.

deltec
19-04-23, 17:53
Could explain to others on the forum how u fixed the problem thanks deltec

Huevos
19-04-23, 21:59
If I say image manager can be temperamental, then it is.Maybe it is temperamental about the way it is being used, or who is using it.

Joe_90
19-04-23, 23:05
Is it possible that OP has changed the remote code at some point and now a fresh flash has reset the receiver to expect the original remote code? Just asking.

duoduo
20-04-23, 13:21
Is it possible that OP has changed the remote code at some point and now a fresh flash has reset the receiver to expect the original remote code? Just asking.

No it wasn't this, for me it's not worth the hassle trying to change things. I like to keep it simple.

duoduo
20-04-23, 13:22
Maybe it is temperamental about the way it is being used, or who is using it.

Not at all, like I've said I'm not new to this. The issue was updating, not had any issues like this in over 10 years

duoduo
20-04-23, 13:24
Could explain to others on the forum how u fixed the problem thanks deltec

Yes of course, I put the receiver ip into my browser and used the remote control in settings to navigate to restore settings. The remote just wouldn't control the receiver, until I was back up and running. All good again now and running on latest image.

duoduo
20-04-23, 13:25
So what was the issue, so we can all learn from you.

On reboot after flash, the remote became non respondent and so I couldn't move beyond the restore wizard screen.

Joe_90
20-04-23, 15:49
@duoduo - Thanks for the response to my post (#13), indicating that you hadn't changed the remote code. However, the fact that your remote stopped working on the stock downloaded image and only started working after a restore of settings (through the PC browser) would indicate to me that there is some difference between the expected remote codes for the default image build and how your receiver is configured. I'm not familiar with the VU receiver so I can't really point at another likely cause, but one of the devs more familiar with the box might. It's most odd that a standard image build won't respond to a remote which is in a standard configuration.

abu baniaz
20-04-23, 16:41
You can program the Vu remote to work in different modes. It used to be handy for people with more than one receiver. Best to make it work with the stock/default setting for the receiver

urie
21-04-23, 20:08
You can program the Vu remote to work in different modes. It used to be handy for people with more than one receiver. Best to make it work with the stock/default setting for the receiver

Yes quite handy but not good ,as what happened to me with my new Gigablue UHD Quad 4K from WOS not their problem.

But I did ask for openatv to be installed and on booting up you get german screen and remote does not work to even change to english to set up your stb.

And your manual is in german had to use buttons on front of the gigablue just to do the basics then downloaded the app for my phone to at least at that time have some type of remote after searching the internet.

I did find out how to reset remote GIGA" and "5" just pressing the GIGA button does not work

And utill this day I have never manually changed remote controle code it is now set a number 2 but I think openatv must come as set to 1 cannot remember now if I had same problem with VIX.

abu baniaz
21-04-23, 22:44
The remote control code should offer no as the answer after selecting remote code. If you set the wrong one you don't get locked out, if you have the right one, you use the different remote to confirm the change.