PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H9S] softcam manager functionnalities

mIcHyAmRaNe
19-04-23, 05:28
Hello, i'm a new openvix user

i saw that the softcam manger of this image is different than others

i manually installed 2 different oscam, which use same config files from tuxbox/config folder (oscam.server, oscam.conf, oscam.dvbapi... all are in tuxbox/config .... not in a subfolder)
they run normally

but what i want is to know if it's possible to run each one with its own config files and what changes have i to do for that

i also want to know if it's possible to run them in similar time: i mean imagine oscam1 open some channels, and oscam2 doesnt open channels that oscam1 open but open other different channels
can we set a priority to oscam1 and if it doesnt open the channel, oscam2 run and open it?

because for the moment when i start both oscams (1 and 2) only the last i clicked to run works,
i have to restart the first one to get it works but the other stops working ...

and can i get the latest softcam manager python file so i can check the code how it is coded to work

thank you

johnhoe
19-04-23, 09:04
Generally (across all E2 images) and I hope this applies to the Vix image.. I believe that the code for running the various oscams resides in /var/etc/init.d (I will be corrected if this is not so!)
I use softcam.oscam as an example:-
If you use a valid text editor you will see that on line 5 there is
/usr/bin/oscam --wait 60 --config-dir /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam --daemon --pidfile /tmp/oscam.pid --restart 2 --utf8

after the --config-dir switch is the directory that contains where the oscam config files are put in.
If this is left blank then /var/etc/tuxbox/config is the default.

Edit line 5 to reflect where you would like your particular oscam config to reside

twol
19-04-23, 09:53
well kind of.....
OpenPli, OpenATV and OpenViX are all capable of using scripts which are installed when you download a softcam. e.g download oscam-stable and in /etc/tuxbox/config you will also find a oscam-stable directory where you install the config files for that softcam. A script to start/stop the oscam will also be installed in /etc/int.d e.g. softcam.oscam-latest

To enable a softcam and start/stop the script ----> Menu/setup/Softcam Script - and choose which softcam you have configured.

mIcHyAmRaNe
19-04-23, 22:12
thank you for your answers even if it doesn't answer all my questions :)

Szelest
20-04-23, 12:07
Ive got a question about running dual oscam on one box on vix, so my issue is, anything thats not called oscam-latest, stops connecting to my reader after few mins, and the only way to fix it, is to rename the oscam bin file to oscam-latest, or restart oscam everytime it stops connecting to readers, so if i wanted to run 2 different oscam versions, how would i solve this first issue?

After overcoming this issue, is there a guide how to exactly run 2 oscams at once, with different configs?

EnoSat
23-04-23, 19:40
only one oscam can access the card (server), the other oscam can only run as a (client) at the same time
if it stops working (server) with the card, something is probably wrong in the settings