View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K] Latest Image

Hmmnd
09-04-23, 20:21
Hi
I wanted to update my VU DUO 4K to latest image. Present 5.4.003
I tried as follows:

VIX/image manager/downloads(yellow)/OpenVIX

Results in:
No image found for selected download server…if pa…….(cannot read remainder of sentence as dialogue box cannot be expanded)

Can anyone advise how I should proceed
Thanks Hmmnd

abu baniaz
09-04-23, 20:30
Download image using PC, Transfer using FTP to /media/hdd/imagebackups You will then be able to flash it using Image Manager. You would have bypassed the download stage.

Hmmnd
10-04-23, 13:19
I have done that and image is now available to install, but before I do can you advise if I need to backup or make a note of any settings and/or plugins I currently have? Or should everything install seamlessly?

abu baniaz
10-04-23, 17:22
When you flash using Image Manager, by default, a settings backup is made. After the new image boots, you will be offered an option to restore settings and restore plugins that you had installed. Your box will need to be connected to the network for the second stage. It should be seamless, but if you are concerned, create an image backup first.

Hmmnd
11-04-23, 15:47

Hopefully you can see the results in photos of trying to flash new image.
Running 6.3.007
Further help appreciated

abu baniaz
11-04-23, 18:09
You downloaded the wrong image. You have a "duo 4k se", not "duo 4k". To be on the safe side, please delete that image restore folder.

Link to Duo 4K SE vix images:
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-duo-4k-se/

Hmmnd
28-06-23, 10:47
Thanks for that I now have Image 6.4.001 and it is working fine except for my JediMakerXtream plugin that crashes the system every time I click on the 'Playlist' menu option.
I have tried uploading Jedi via telnet and from the plugin download menu with the same result.
It creates a log file and request to send to W of S but does not stay on screen long enough to take address down.

Can you advise or offer any help
Thanks

twol
28-06-23, 11:08
Thanks for that I now have Image 6.4.001 and it is working fine except for my JediMakerXtream plugin that crashes the system every time I click on the 'Playlist' menu option.
I have tried uploading Jedi via telnet and from the plugin download menu with the same result.
It creates a log file and request to send to W of S but does not stay on screen long enough to take address down.

Can you advise or offer any help
Thanks

menu/setup/system/logs/settings --> save to HDD/usb (not to flash), enable, show log Manager, log time format ---> local time ---> Yes to restart
After crash, post last 2 logs here

Hmmnd
28-06-23, 11:58
Hopefull logs attached !

twol
28-06-23, 14:33
Hopefull logs attached !
something wrong with your playlists.txt file (from /etc/enigma2/jediplaylists) ... thinks your port number is 25461:80 which is not valid

Hmmnd
28-06-23, 14:45
Strange!
I still have access to some items on the playlist I saved as favourites prior to the image upgrade. I just cannot add new ones via Jedi.
Is this consistent with the invalid port number?
Do I correct by re entering the playlist.txt ?

spanner123
28-06-23, 16:10
Strange!
I still have access to some items on the playlist I saved as favourites prior to the image upgrade. I just cannot add new ones via Jedi.
Is this consistent with the invalid port number?
Do I correct by re entering the playlist.txt ?

Go to etc/enigma2/jediplaylists and delete playlists.txt and then re-enter details in Jedi.

Hmmnd
28-06-23, 17:53
Go to etc/enigma2/jediplaylists and delete playlists.txt and then re-enter details in Jedi.

How confidant are you that this will not still result in a Jedi system crash?

spanner123
28-06-23, 18:21

Pretty confident, if it doesn't work then also delete json file in same folder and then re-enter your details in Jedi plugin.

twol
28-06-23, 19:27

The plugin author (kiddac) is normally pretty good at checking these parameters, so I am surprised that this was saved into the playlist… but the port is invalid…..so Spanner123 is correct.. reenter

Hmmnd
28-06-23, 21:33
I will certainly try what you suggest as it seems a logical step to take and I thank you both.
However I still cannot understand why (as I mentioned previously) I am still able to stream the 44 channels saved as a favourites bouquet when image 5.4.003 was being used and JediMakerExtream was working prior to the installation of 6.3.007. It seems that the playlist is still working but I just cannot access the full playlist as Jedi crashes when trying to access it. I wondered if there was a different IPTV Bouquets Creator I might try as it seems I can remove Jedi and the 44 channels still stream.

twol
29-06-23, 07:32
I will certainly try what you suggest as it seems a logical step to take and I thank you both.
However I still cannot understand why (as I mentioned previously) I am still able to stream the 44 channels saved as a favourites bouquet when image 5.4.003 was being used and JediMakerExtream was working prior to the installation of 6.3.007. It seems that the playlist is still working but I just cannot access the full playlist as Jedi crashes when trying to access it. I wondered if there was a different IPTV Bouquets Creator I might try as it seems I can remove Jedi and the 44 channels still stream.

A bouquet is a different entity and has nothing to do directly with the plugin once generated.
Personally I prefer using Xstreamity ( a follow on plugin - but doesn,t generate Bouquets) but if you don,t want to use Jedi and want bouquets, there are plenty of alternatives - just google.

Hmmnd
29-06-23, 07:59

Hmmnd
29-06-23, 19:02
I did as both of you advise and it has cleared the problem.
Thanks for your prompt replies, much appreciated.
I often feel like a brain surgeon with just a flat screwdriver so glad you exist