PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Not responding to remote

avalon65
09-04-23, 20:14
Just recently, again, the receiver has intermittently stopped responding to the remote. This seems to happen when the tv has been switched off for any lenght of time , and when it is turned back on again, it seems to come on at Ch5 select. It is then that the receiver becomes non responsive, but not always then, and I have to hard restart the receiver and press the Giga and TV buttons alternatly until the receiver responds to the remote.
It is becoming a bit annoying now a it has done this a few times over the last week.

Is there any permanent fix for this.
Thank

cactikid
09-04-23, 23:40
Might i ask if you have a Hard Drive or Usb for epg settings.

Batteries good in remote?

Check remote via camera phone for signals.

Can you go into Webif to see if it works on that.

Might you have got Logs enabled as not sure it would anything as not a crash?

avalon65
10-04-23, 10:04
I have a Hard Drive installed for recordings , but the epg settings location is internal flash, which is the default location.

Yes the batteries or good as I checked with a battery tester, and are reading 1.3v and 126%.
The remote is working ok as it blinks on my camera phone.

Logs are enabled but ... there are't any! The location is /home/root/logs.

I can navigate the webif epg ok with a mouse, and select different tv channels, but not with the tv remote after the tv was turned off overnight. I had to hard restsrt it again!.

Thanks

cactikid
10-04-23, 12:17
Not good Internal Flash causes issues and bad performance on boxes with epg going to internal flash and reducing memory .

I might suggest reflashing again to boost up the oomph and setting it up again and use HDD for Epg.

Epg is always default is why a Usb or Hdd is needed for storage.

avalon65
10-04-23, 12:28
I can just change the location for the epg in settings , can't I

cactikid
10-04-23, 16:47
But all the stuff is already in there , Not too sure if you can Delete epg from internal flash first , that would be neat and then change location of epg.

Maybe others would say more if its possible?

avalon65
11-04-23, 11:50
I have found that although the remote works fine, the receiver does not respond to it after the first few minutes of turning on the tv. It take a short while before the receiver actually seems to receive a signal or respond.
So is it the epg or the actual receiver?

I wish I knew which

cactikid
11-04-23, 11:55
If i had a problem like that i would reflash with a new image and setup from scratch so no settings or plugins transferred over.

Normally you can backup old image and settings to restore plugins etc.

Starting with a clean slate should make your box more responsive .

Save any settings you might want for a later time.

avalon65
11-04-23, 13:47
I have started afresh with reflashing the receiver with the latest vix mage, and didn't use the restore settings wizard. After setting up most things, I now have many duplicate entries for the same service in the grid epg. IE many BBC1's and other services duplicated. I have hidden what I don't want to see, but how do I hide all the duplicates. I've looked , but can't see which setting to change etc.

Thanks

avalon65
11-04-23, 14:19
Also, how do I get the epg to load all the listings, ie what is on in the next hour or so etc, because it is presently blank apart from what is on now.

cactikid
11-04-23, 17:42
What you have done is scanned possibly 28.2 and brings in 800+ channels which is normal.

What you need to do is setup Bouquets like Autobouquetmaker and scan and that puts it into sections like movies sports news etc.

Next you need to setup epg to Hdd and save

Setting up epg i go into Epg Importer and setup like this.

Others may say to use another provider.

avalon65
13-04-23, 20:04
Thanks, I did that,got everything working fine for 2 days, then late today, the same problem occurred. If I press the tv button then the Giga button on the remote several times, the receiver then responds. Once it does then it works fine afterwards for a while
So is it the remote now. I did test the remote initially and it showed to be working, but maybe it's not working at that time when the tv is turned back on.

twol
13-04-23, 20:11
Thanks, I did that,got everything working fine for 2 days, then late today, the same problem occurred. If I press the tv button then the Giga button on the remote several times, the receiver then responds. Once it does then it works fine afterwards for a while
So is it the remote now. I did test the remote initially and it showed to be working, but maybe it's not working at that time when the tv is turned back on.

I have just replaced 2 giga remotes recently because of issues and have to say new remote works fine but the feel of the keys is not consistent across the remote.
So giga remotes can have issues and dont last for ever

avalon65
13-04-23, 20:30
Ok thanks , so how do I get another remote for the receiver

cactikid
13-04-23, 21:43
Check Wos shop , Ebay , Amazon etc.

avalon65
15-04-23, 11:01
Apparently, from what I have read, GigaBlue remotes are renowned for their unreliability and life span.
I have ordered a V3 remote from Amazon

Joe_90
15-04-23, 14:00
Just for information - I have a GigaBlue Quad Plus since 2014. Remote still working great, including as replacement remote for my Samsung TV of the same vintage. Chrome is somewhat worn on the central OK/direction buttons, but functions are all working fine.

cactikid
15-04-23, 15:37
Only got a Quad here not in use much and remote is okay

abu baniaz
15-04-23, 18:45
Remote on my GB UE 4K still fine. Has been a few years. I have willo3092's old GB Quad 4k, remote on that is fine too.

urie
15-04-23, 20:21
Remote on my GB UE 4K still fine. Has been a few years. I have willow3092's old GB Quad 4k, remote on that is fine too.

My remote that came with my gigablue uhd quad 4k that I bought in 2021 ended up with error green light always on as if I was tyring to select something this was last year disappointed that stb was under two years warranty but remote was not . Had to buy new one and to be honest I do think the remotes are of good quality but have heard some that do not think so seems to be problems my remote was GigaBlue RCU/FB Universal 4K-HD04

from gigablue at the time was nearly £40 they now seem to have came down in price but I did buy from a uk company for £20

avalon65
17-04-23, 16:10
I have just received the V3 model from Amazon at £19.99, and it works great, just how it should do,