PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K SE] Remove Picons

MrFenric
08-04-23, 17:39
New user here… it’s a steep learning curve!

I wanted to install picons. I saw a recommendation to install “enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.reflection”, so I did (from the plugins/picons menu).

I saw another recommendation to install e2piconizer, which I did. I ran it, but nothing changed.

So… how do I uninstall “picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.reflection” and its picons? I cannot see how. I’ve ftp’d into the box, but cannot find “picons-snp-full.100x60-86x46.dark.on.reflection” to delete. Can anyone point me too it?

Where are picons actually stored and can they be manually deleted?

Another thing that has appeared in “User installed plugins” is “python3-multiprocessing”.

I am just trying to get me head around how all this works!

Many thanks.

abu baniaz
08-04-23, 19:23
Use the remote to do this before you start manually deleting things.

Menu, plugins, red (remove), scroll to picons, highlight, press OK to uninstall.

The picons are normally stored in "/picon" folder on root of flash memory. However, it depends on what location you selected when you installed them.

Willo3092
08-04-23, 19:23
You uninstall by pressing the red button when in the plugin menu and then selecting the picon set that you want to remove.

I think python3-multiprocessing is installed with e2piconiser. You should be fine with that installed.

abu baniaz
08-04-23, 19:27
In my opinion, best to try one thing at a time instead of trying several things and get even more tangled up.

Have a read of this thread:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119-Picons-How-to-add-picons-to-your-receiver

MrFenric
08-04-23, 19:44
Superb, thank you. Yes, I am finding the documentation to be a bit spread out! I'd not found that thread. :)