PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K] fav button option

tarflet
02-04-23, 09:20
Hello, i am new to openvix and try to set up my box. Mainly its so amazing good that i will change over (used opena.tv so far). The main reason is stability and update policies.

What i miss to get my system to work is a possibility to change the favourites in EPG. My remote does not have <> buttons (Logitech Harmony one) and i cant find another way then set up two of the color buttons to next and previous favourites. But in the EPG Buttons definition in openvix these previous and next favourites buttons are not offered (in openatv they are offered). Is there a way, plans or the will to implement this?

Further i am interested if there is a serious way to run kravenfhd skin with openvix.

Thanks so much for your time and this great openvix image.

twol
02-04-23, 09:50
Hello, i am new to openvix and try to set up my box. Mainly its so amazing good that i will change over (used opena.tv so far). The main reason is stability and update policies.

What i miss to get my system to work is a possibility to change the favourites in EPG. My remote does not have <> buttons (Logitech Harmony one) and i cant find another way then set up two of the color buttons to next and previous favourites. But in the EPG Buttons definition in openvix these previous and next favourites buttons are not offered (in openatv they are offered). Is there a way, plans or the will to implement this?

Further i am interested if there is a serious way to run kravenfhd skin with openvix.

Thanks so much for your time and this great openvix image.
As somebody that sticks to normal epg use, what do you mean by favourites? If you mean skipping through the different bouquets just use the tv button to select

tarflet
02-04-23, 11:19
Oke, tried this and so far this works.

Maybe we are not the normal epg user because we only use the epg to change channels. We never use the channel list. Inside EPG using the TV Button invokes a minimum of 3 clicks to change the bouquet (fav). Remember with the original rc its only 1 click (with the <> buttons) and thats sure the goal.

twol
02-04-23, 13:24
Oke, tried this and so far this works.

Maybe we are not the normal epg user because we only use the epg to change channels. We never use the channel list. Inside EPG using the TV Button invokes a minimum of 3 clicks to change the bouquet (fav). Remember with the original rc its only 1 click (with the <> buttons) and thats sure the goal.
Well its only 1 click if you are selecting the next bouquet

Orlandox
02-04-23, 13:28
Hello,

is there a parameter which defines the amount of rows or the text size ? When in Graphical EPG, you press TV-button on remote.

twol
02-04-23, 13:38
Hello,

is there a parameter which defines the amount of rows or the text size ? When in Graphical EPG, you press TV-button on remote.

When in EPG press menu

Orlandox
02-04-23, 13:50
I mean after you have pressed the TV-button (when boquets are shown). Are those parameters defined at skin ?

Huevos
02-04-23, 16:56
Hello,

65074Not sure what you mean by this. The skinner decides how this list is presented (itemHeight).
https://github.com/OpenViX/skins/blob/master/src/skins/1080/Simple_Ten_Eighty/vix_skin.xml#L50

Orlandox
02-04-23, 17:34
Ok, found out and fixed. PR made.

tarflet
02-04-23, 18:37
Oke. Anyhow i do not have a tv butten nor a free button to configure it as the tv button (Touchscreen is not good at all):

When i klick once i get:
so if i take no further action i am stuck with this picture. After i select one down and oke i am in my new favouite (3clicks)

For my needs i just like to define the <> buttons to color buttons

Huevos
02-04-23, 19:05
Oke. Anyhow i do not have a tv butten nor a free button to configure it as the tv button (Touchscreen is not good at all):

When i klick once i get:
so if i take no further action i am stuck with this picture. After i select one down and oke i am in my new favouite (3clicks)

For my needs i just like to define the <> buttons to color buttonsYou could always use the supplied remote instead of the third party one with missing buttons.

tarflet
02-04-23, 20:45
You could always use the supplied remote instead of the third party one with missing buttons.
Sure. As we are all used to something, i just kindly asked if there is a will or plan to add these <> buttons to the epg buttons selection. As i get no answer i just interprete it as no will and no plan so i can go ahead. No big thing.

twol
02-04-23, 21:06
Sure. As we are all used to something, i just kindly asked if there is a will or plan to add these <> buttons to the epg buttons selection. As i get no answer i just interprete it as no will and no plan so i can go ahead. No big thing.

You have to understand that we do this in our own time and not paid to do it. This is the first free weekend for several weeks, where I have not been either adding or fixing code, so perhaps give us a break. I did provide an alternative option.

cactikid
02-04-23, 22:41
I keep things simple with 4 remotes around me as i would forget was i was to do.

Basic is good enough for me as i dont need bells and whistles

tarflet
03-04-23, 00:05
@twol
i am lucky when you find your free time. With these things I think in a medium to long term basis and i am lucky if there is a will and its done when its the right time for it. Just try to find out if you see a future for my needs or not. Thanks for your answer and the time for this outstanding image and i hope this all phyton 3 things get stabilized.